SEC fine from Saturday's activities

$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where did I say throw a golf ball a thousand feet?

Reading comprehension is tough so I'll explain it to you. Just make sure you read it slowly now since English wasn't your best class obviously.

I. Said. Throwing. A. Golf. Ball. From. A. Thousand. Feet. Up.

Which obviously means throwing it from up in the nose bleeds down onto the field. Which wouldn't be flat-footed in a straight line.

Is it a thousand feet? Obviously not. But since you were trying to be cute and literal why don't you go measure it for us. The highest seat to the center of the field.

We will be here eagerly awaiting your results.
Read the very first sentence to the comment I responded to. You most said how would you feel if you got hit in the head with golf ball that was thrown THOUSAND FEET away.

If it was AL or GA then the media and the SEC would call it passion. But since it’s TN, it’s called trashy and dangerous.
I absolutely agree 100%. Bottlegate is the most direct comparison I can think of. The 2001 NFL game between the Jaguars & Cleveland. I linked and talked about it in another thread.

The media in no way condoned the Cleveland fan's reaction in 2001. However...., the media narrative was that the incident was a reaction, by a fan base famous for their loyalty, over egrarius officiating that had longterm ramifications to the Browns season.

Not quite the narrative we're getting.

Bottlegate - Wikipedia
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2toVT1PZUOPk2DVUwocKMC

Is it me or didn't the sports media primarily focus on the egrarius officiating as the catalyst to the incident and then inquire as to what corrective action the NFL would take in regards to officiating?
Maybe I've got blinders on but I don't recall Cleveland's fan base being excoriated or calls for the Haslaams to be made an example of like we're getting.

From the wiki article and links within, it seems that while in no way condoning their actions, Bottle Gate was reported as a reaction from a reknown loyal fan base due to the costly ramifications(playoff race) of egrarius officiating.

It wasn't the 'insolent hicks are sore losers and riot because they didn' t get the call' narrative we're getting.

Go with me a minute for chits n grins: so the fine is $250k. What if for the sake of argument that UT was a serious contender to be in the playoffs & the strip fumble touchdown / no touchdown ended up costing us the game thus eliminating our chances from the playoffs. Obviously we’d loose a lot more than $250k as a result. So if we’re all in this together…. and being good boys n girls, what happens next? Can we put out a PC statement demanding cash as a result of getting bent over?

I believe it was a culmination of the whole night. Lane first walks out onto the field and gives a smartass wave to the Tennessee fans. Ole Miss players throwing insults at UT Students in the student section. The scoop and score touchdown for UT that was called back. The fourth down call where he was short. Alcohol fueled all day long before the game.
Hey, if you don't start drinking early, how can you drink all day?

We got robbed

And sorry, but i still like Kiffin

Knee jerk reaction at the cost of Tennessee. I don't agree with the actions by the fans but this could have been avoided if the best conference in college football had a better camera set up for review.
Maybe that’s what the fine money is for? 😂

For starters a cooling off period is long over due. It's highly likely it was purchased within days or the day of the game. We'll need forensics to confirm but the plastic is still pretty glossy other than where it was handled.

Serial numbers and a national registry are long overdue. Then if the domestic terrorist who threw it didn't steal it, we'd have that SOB!

At best we can pull the manufacturing stamp and UPC code. That allows us to ascertain when/where it was bottled and narrow the region of sale to a few 10K's of square miles.

No chance he left prints. We're dealing with a pro.
Great sense of humor!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Always gotta make an example of TN. Everybody denigrate TN always.

Screw them.
This is so true.
Anything that happens at other universities goes in punished.
But Tennessee get fines and terrible officiating for games and any troubles in the university

Just saw there have been 18 arrests made so far. Any of you law gurus know what charges are likely?

VN Store

Back