SEC fine from Saturday's activities

$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nowhere in the stadium is 1000 feet high. Not in the stands anyways. Nobody's life was in jeopardy.
Real soy boy you are.

Ba ha ha. That's funny right there.

People getting all upset about this crack me up.

A golf ball bounced and hit little Kiffy in the leg and he's making it out to be like he had to dive into a foxhole to keep from being murdered.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
I am pretty sure the SEC will just withhold 250,000 from the bowl payout money.

We should pay the fine in pennies. Have a few dump trucks filled with pennies roll up to SEC headquarters and dump them on the steps. And throw mustard bottles at anyone who comes out to see what all the commotion is.

Its not enough that we embarrassed ourselves on national TV, now this "penalty" is even more of an embarrassment. Fine should have been $5 million dollars plus a 5 year ban on attending UT sporting events for anyone throwing items onto the field.

What a joke we have become.

I wish someone would hit you in the head with a golf ball from a thousand feet up. Then maybe you'll understand.

Just cause nothing happened doesn't mean something couldn't have happened.

Real smart you are
I would be more interested to see someone throw a golf ball 1000 feet! Real smart you are if you actually think someone can throw a gold ball 1,000 feet standing flat footed.

I was wondering how they coordinated the injury timeouts.

They had a grad assistant on the sideline who would give the signal. Sometimes you would see 2 guys in the Ole Miss secondary look at each other to see who would take the dive. It got to the point where you could tell which plays there would be an "injury"

The thing that really sucks on all this mess is that Sankey got to take the focus off of how bad the refs were in that game. Because some of our fans thought they should be stupid and throw stuff on the field, we ended up letting Sankey off the hook on the refs costing us a ball game. This game had several real head scratching calls at the worst times. Ole Miss got good spots and no measurements. A TD taken off the clock for forward progress with no whistle. 2 questionable spots causing a punt and turnover on downs. Holding at the end....which was holding, but we were being held all game long especially on some of those QB runs. You don't call holding in the last minute unless it really is just too much. I didn't see holding on that series that was any worse than the normal holding on every play. Watch the game next week at all the holding Bama does. I bet they get 1 or less holding calls and certainly none if they aren't up big.

Can we get a suspension of the refs from this game? Third game that Mark Curles has been involved with and a bad call has resulted in changing the flow of the game. <Yes I am beating this dead horse even more>

Can we earmark this money for Mark Curles' crew to attend some training classes on how to officiate a SEC game?
This guy has been involved in several games with terrible calls. He lives in Birmingham, now you know why he's still got a job with the sec.

This guy has been involved in several games with terrible calls. He lives in Birmingham, now you know why he's still got a job with the sec.
A literal decade-plus of failures, suspensions, public apologies...yet here he still is.

I feel it's too low. And find it comical.

They'll fine a school $250,000 for fans rushing the field AFTER a big win.

Putting hundreds of people's lives in danger and leaving a big mess on the field that has to be cleaned up should warrant a huge fine. At least more of a fine than when fans rush the field.

What a joke. We just got a slap on the wrist. Hilarious.

They sure showed us.
Hundreds of peoples lives in danger? Wut?

Knee jerk reaction at the cost of Tennessee. I don't agree with the actions by the fans but this could have been avoided if the best conference in college football had a better camera set up for review.
The spot of the ball did not cause this. This was the last thing on a long list of issues that went on prior to this call that caused the fans to finally break. Rather the call was good or bad there was some calls made earlier in the game that flat out decided the game (Strip Sack TD).

Only $250K? UT made out!

I think more than we know. All the time you hear about "bad press" and how Sat night's fiasco might have cost us in both reputation and recruiting. I think the reality might be the opposite. ESPN and other media might be using this as fodder, but bad spotlight is better than no spotlight, and recruits will take notice. Look at the twitter feed from some of the recruits/parents on their visit. Mostly positive. If Nolan signs it could be a the start of something big in terms of recruiting. That would be worth tons more than $250K. Of course it's still embarrassing and I'm not condoning the atrocious behavior. All I'm saying is, there's a positive element to this many people aren't noticing.

Give us the rest of it SEC, what f'n consequences await the ****** refereeing crew you sent up here to cover sweet Lane's ass...

The spot of the ball did not cause this. This was the last thing on a long list of issues that went on prior to this call that caused the fans to finally break. Rather the call was good or bad there was some calls made earlier in the game that flat out decided the game (Strip Sack TD).
Get a review and the trash on the field is avoided. No doubt there was a build up but not having a camera angel to review is what caused the explosion. If he’s ruled short a after video review we are talking about the two plays prior.

VN Store

Back