SEC fine from Saturday's activities

$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hundreds of peoples lives in danger? Wut?
I feel like I could survive a pizza box or an empty water bottle!

A whiskey bottle or even a golf ball could seriously hurt somebody. I might have to rat out someone throwing glass bottles.

I don't like what happened at the game but I also don't see how UT is responsible for it happening. I wouldn't pay it. If you ID the people throwing stuff, ban them from the stadium. That would be the only recourse I would take if I was UT.

I feel like I could survive a pizza box or an empty water bottle!

A whiskey bottle or even a golf ball could seriously hurt somebody. I might have to rat out someone throwing glass bottles.
Was that whiskey bottle turned into a Molotov cocktail? I assumed they meant they were airplane bottles

I think more than we know. All the time you hear about "bad press" and how Sat night's fiasco might have cost us in both reputation and recruiting. I think the reality might be the opposite. ESPN and other media might be using this as fodder, but bad spotlight is better than no spotlight, and recruits will take notice. Look at the twitter feed from some of the recruits/parents on their visit. Mostly positive. If Nolan signs it could be a the start of something big in terms of recruiting. That would be worth tons more than $250K. Of course it's still embarrassing and I'm not condoning the atrocious behavior. All I'm saying is, there's a positive element to this many people aren't noticing.
"There's no such thing as bad publicity" - Abe Lincoln

Reactions: Vol_in_NC_1999
Its not enough that we embarrassed ourselves on national TV, now this "penalty" is even more of an embarrassment. Fine should have been $5 million dollars plus a 5 year ban on attending UT sporting events for anyone throwing items onto the field.

What a joke we have become.
Feel proud? That is some serious virtue signaling there pal. You probably shouldn't be part of this fan base should you, if you are that embarrassed. Or if you stay, would you feel that you should contribute to the $5million proposed fine? Pleeze, if you feel we have become a joke, then you are the joke. This was a handful of drunk fans/student and NOT the fanbase in general. I'm a little tired of the media using any sin by the few to condemn the best fanbase in the country.

Just because I’m still salty, I’m blaming the injury to Mays on the poor officiating. They blew a play dead for review and suddenly Mays got hurt in the chaos. They owed UT a favor for that crap move that cost us our best lineman.

I feel it's too low. And find it comical.

They'll fine a school $250,000 for fans rushing the field AFTER a big win.

Putting hundreds of people's lives in danger and leaving a big mess on the field that has to be cleaned up should warrant a huge fine. At least more of a fine than when fans rush the field.

What a joke. We just got a slap on the wrist. Hilarious.

They sure showed us.
Honestly, I think rushing the field is more dangerous than throwing trash onto it.

Putting hundreds of people's lives in danger and leaving a big mess on the field that has to be cleaned up should warrant a huge fine. At least more of a fine than when fans rush the field.

They sure showed us.
You sound disappointed

Will ole miss get fined for faking injury’s? Will the refs be held accountable for taking away our TD? Will ole miss be held accountable for taunting our fans?

Reactions: tbwhhs and NC_Vol64
I believe it was a culmination of the whole night. Lane first walks out onto the field and gives a smartass wave to the Tennessee fans. Ole Miss players throwing insults at UT Students in the student section. The scoop and score touchdown for UT that was called back. The fourth down call where he was short. Alcohol fueled all day long before the game.

Not to mention the fact that this was around 4 hours. That extra hour of drinking really slaps.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
I think it’s time we start a conversation on mustard control.
For starters a cooling off period is long over due. It's highly likely it was purchased within days or the day of the game. We'll need forensics to confirm but the plastic is still pretty glossy other than where it was handled.

Serial numbers and a national registry are long overdue. Then if the domestic terrorist who threw it didn't steal it, we'd have that SOB!

At best we can pull the manufacturing stamp and UPC code. That allows us to ascertain when/where it was bottled and narrow the region of sale to a few 10K's of square miles.

No chance he left prints. We're dealing with a pro.

Reactions: Saltydawg

They sure showed us.

I'm sorry you bought into the narrative something was "going to be done" to Tennessee. It was all fake media driven virtue signaling.

Its crystal clear after this past weekend to the SEC that they have a Tennessee problem in the same manner they've had a LSU problem for years. Increasing levels of frustration and outright disdain by the fan base toward the conference.

You think they were gonna throw a match on that tank of gas? Naw

Not to mention doing so would have put Donde Plowman in a really bad position. She's not exactly getting glowing reviews from the people that matter.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The spot of the ball did not cause this. This was the last thing on a long list of issues that went on prior to this call that caused the fans to finally break. Rather the call was good or bad there was some calls made earlier in the game that flat out decided the game (Strip Sack TD).

I wish this was said more nationally because it is the true story. I would also add in the instigation of the Ole Miss players as well.

Feel proud? That is some serious virtue signaling there pal. You probably shouldn't be part of this fan base should you, if you are that embarrassed. Or if you stay, would you feel that you should contribute to the $5million proposed fine? Pleeze, if you feel we have become a joke, then you are the joke. This was a handful of drunk fans/student and NOT the fanbase in general. I'm a little tired of the media using any sin by the few to condemn the best fanbase in the country.

There is zero balance in the media narrative. It’s all UT fans and there was zero reason it happened. It’s absurd.

I would be more interested to see someone throw a golf ball 1000 feet! Real smart you are if you actually think someone can throw a gold ball 1,000 feet standing flat footed.

Where did I say throw a golf ball a thousand feet?

Reading comprehension is tough so I'll explain it to you. Just make sure you read it slowly now since English wasn't your best class obviously.

I. Said. Throwing. A. Golf. Ball. From. A. Thousand. Feet. Up.

Which obviously means throwing it from up in the nose bleeds down onto the field. Which wouldn't be flat-footed in a straight line.

Is it a thousand feet? Obviously not. But since you were trying to be cute and literal why don't you go measure it for us. The highest seat to the center of the field.

We will be here eagerly awaiting your results.

We should pay the fine in pennies. Have a few dump trucks filled with pennies roll up to SEC headquarters and dump them on the steps. And throw mustard bottles at anyone who comes out to see what all the commotion is.
They're taking it out of the season ending bowl disbursement

VN Store

Back