SEC East Wide Open 2022

Tennessee has to play Alabama while other teams in the East don't.

This makes it impossible for Tennessee to win the East.
I mean…..yeah. It means beating Georgia/Florida is almost a must. Not trying to attempt to shy away from Bama at all, but it’s not exactly fair across the board. I think SC actually has the second worst draw with A&M.

I'm afraid we'll take a step or two backwards next season, Hypes offense won't be a surprise to anyone and our defense won't be much better.

I agree hog. I think our offense will still be good but we won’t be quite as explosive or average quite as many points. I fear the defense is going to be worse this year.

Someone can double check me, but who was the last National Championship winner that did not include a number 1 ranked class? That is the biggest issue for UT right, talent. Not saying Heupel can't do it, this years class proves he can recruit. But now he'll have to start beating top SEC teams for 5 stars and that has not happened since Fulmer.

Looking at what A&M is doing now, they will win a natty within 4 years. Is UT willing and able to do this? I hate to say it, but we have arrived to the time when national championships will be bought. At least, you'll be buying yourself into the top 4.

I think most people here view Kirby Smart just like other programs viewed Phil Fulmer - Not a great coach but a great recruiter of players and assistants. But as long as he is there it will be a thorn in our sides.

UGA loses many, many key players. I know they have lots of depth, but there are some huge shoes to fill......

Vols will be contenders for the East this coming season.....

GBO!!
Yeah I would say if we're healthy, likely #2 in the East after UGA.

I think the OP is just pointing to the fact that while they may reload with ultra talent, it's still an entirely different group with mixed experience. We don't know how the backups will perform bc we haven't seen it. Experience is a big deal and we saw it last night on both sides. Those dudes making plays for UGA in particular were battle tested vets. You could see it everytime Bama's backup WR's ran a route. I thought that was the difference in the game. Inexperienced WR's vs a veteran secondary. They suffocated them in the RedZone. We'll have a veteran team next year. We add a few pieces this off-season and we'll see what happens.
The last three tuddy's UGA had were made by freshmen. Bama also had several freshmen on the field. Those guys got alot of reps in 2021. There are dudes out there, on every team in the conference, that no one's ever heard of, but we will know their names by the end of next season. In 2022 maybe only aTm will be able to field a comparable team, top to bottom.

UF has missed rather spectacularly on their hires lately. Anything is possible with Napier but it's rather amazing that they couldn't attract a higher profile coach. It does seem that the stature and prestige of the Florida program has dropped significantly. For the past 5-8 years I always felt like it was only a matter of time before UF wakes up. I never thought they'd amount to much with Mullen and that was proven correct. Of course it could happen now but the possibility of them continuing to trend downward has to be considered a distinct possibility.

I suspect UT will have little problem defeating them handily next season. I know blah blah they own us but there really is no reason that game should be close next season.
Billy Napier is a good coach. He has no players yet, but he will put a product on the field similar to UT.

Someone can double check me, but who was the last National Championship winner that did not include a number 1 ranked class? That is the biggest issue for UT right, talent. Not saying Heupel can't do it, this years class proves he can recruit. But now he'll have to start beating top SEC teams for 5 stars and that has not happened since Fulmer.

Looking at what A&M is doing now, they will win a natty within 4 years. Is UT willing and able to do this? I hate to say it, but we have arrived to the time when national championships will be bought. At least, you'll be buying yourself into the top 4.

I think most people here view Kirby Smart just like other programs viewed Phil Fulmer - Not a great coach but a great recruiter of players and assistants. But as long as he is there it will be a thorn in our sides.
It's going to be hard for anybody to win it all if they dont play some D. Doesnt necessarily have to be a generational unit, but at least a couple playmakers up front. Many are already pointing to theOSU as a good bet to win it all, IF they can play a little D. Their offense should be eye-popping in 2022.

It's going to be hard for anybody to win it all if they dont play some D. Doesnt necessarily have to be a generational unit, but at least a couple playmakers up front. Many are already pointing to theOSU as a good bet to win it all, IF they can play a little D. Their offense should be eye-popping in 2022.
Yeah the OSU offense next year is probably going to be sick. Shrout will prob win the Heisman

iu

="BAMA-DAWG, post: 20799340, member: 77150"]#13 has another year of eligibility.[/QUOTE]
True, but he said in his viral drunken GMA interview that he didn't know if he's coming back to GA, he'll have to see if "the staff can be trusted," whatever that means

True, but he said in his viral drunken GMA interview that he didn't know if he's coming back to GA, he'll have to see if "the staff can be trusted," whatever that means[/QUOTE]

Wonder if they would consider taking some NIL $ and buying him out of his 6th year...just a thought.

Maybe, but at this point, they're like Bama and just reload
Not implying the OP doesn't know what he's talking about but every source I've seen has UGA ranked #1 #2-#3 in early preason polls. Of course that doesn't make them right either! GBO!

I wouldn’t say the East is ‘wide open’. Vandy, SC, Mizzou, uk and uf have zero chance.

It’s us and uga, and then a large divide to the rest.

I wouldn’t say the East is ‘wide open’. Vandy, SC, Mizzou, uk and uf have zero chance.

It’s us and uga, and then a large divide to the rest.

LOL

If by having a chance you mean we have .000000001% of a chance you are correct. We'll be lucky to finish 3rd.

Reactions: vettefool
Billy Napier is a good coach. He has no players yet, but he will put a product on the field similar to UT.

His starting point should be much better that what Heupel had to work with. We had around 71 scholarship players and that is after the PWO got scholarships. We had 3 LBs playing the majority of the season so it is hard to imagine any school doing more with less than what was in Knoxville this past season.

Explain what you mean. Similar to UT in what respect? When? What exact comparisons are you making?

Are you trying to predict the future, 2022, or a past UT team to the next UF team?

You are making a pretty concrete statement on something that has MANY potential directions.

VN Store

Back