SEC East Wide Open 2022

Next year our offense will score enough points to win most every game, given Hooker staying healthy, but unless help comes to the D we are in trouble.

UGA loses many, many key players. I know they have lots of depth, but there are aome huge shoes to fill......

Vols will be contenders for the East this coming season.....

GBO!!

Lol. Ah I love when Vol fans do this. This reminds me of when fans like Nationdom say oh Bama is loosing so much to the NFL and they are on a downward trend. Please.

UGA will steam roll the East. We likely will lose again by 3-4 TDs. But as long as we can score on them more than some other teams, some will pound their chest thinking we are closing the gap.

Reactions: knoxvol16
Maybe, but at this point, they're like Bama and just reload
I think the OP is just pointing to the fact that while they may reload with ultra talent, it's still an entirely different group with mixed experience. We don't know how the backups will perform bc we haven't seen it. Experience is a big deal and we saw it last night on both sides. Those dudes making plays for UGA in particular were battle tested vets. You could see it everytime Bama's backup WR's ran a route. I thought that was the difference in the game. Inexperienced WR's vs a veteran secondary. They suffocated them in the RedZone. We'll have a veteran team next year. We add a few pieces this off-season and we'll see what happens.

Reactions: VFLz15
Kirby = Jesus
Yep, all youz are correct. TN will never ever beat GA again.

They currently have a 5 game winning streak vs. Tennessee with an average margin of victory of 28 points.

They just won the national championship and have compiled recruiting classes that are beyond elite.

There is reason to be concerned.

We could legitimately lose every single SEC game next season. And I’m saying that as someone who will defend this staff constantly.

Reactions: Coach_Z
I would say UK, UGA and UT should be the three that are looked at as potential winners. UGA has a large advantage.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
UGA loses many, many key players. I know they have lots of depth, but there are some huge shoes to fill......

Vols will be contenders for the East this coming season.....

GBO!!
Gonna be good offense callers vs good defense callers in the East…just like back in the day

This.

Every Tennessee fan who is all on the “LOL Bama, loved seeing Georgia beat them!” train is failing to realize we probably just saw the beginning of a dynasty run, and it’s literally in our division… and right next door to us.

It's the worst possible outcome. UGA validates their program with a win over the program in college football. I hate Alabama as much as anyone here but the reality is another Updyke championship doesn't change a thing. The damage has been done on that front. However Georgia winning is potentially a game-changer for them and makes our situation even more difficult. Last night's loss doesn't hurt Alabama at all in the long run but the win meant a helluva lot to UGA and that's absolutely terrible for us.

It's the worst possible outcome. UGA validates their program with a win over the program in college football. I hate Alabama as much as anyone here but the reality is another Updyke championship doesn't change a thing. The damage has been done on that front. However Georgia winning is potentially a game-changer for them and makes our situation even more difficult. Last night's loss doesn't hurt Alabama at all in the long run but the win meant a helluva lot to UGA and that's absolutely terrible for us.

We don’t even register on UGAs radar. TN is locked in as an automatic win every year. Doubt that changes anytime soon.

We don’t even register on UGAs radar. TN is locked in as an automatic win every year. Doubt that changes anytime soon.
From their perspective that's fair but the reality is UT has a great shot to possibly become a clear number 2 in the East if things break right over the next few years. Consolidating that will make the next step easier. While UGA has earned the right to not worry about UT, the folks at UT better be preoccupied on how they're going to make a run at UGA.

From their perspective that's fair but the reality is UT has a great shot to possibly become a clear number 2 in the East if things break right over the next few years. Consolidating that will make the next step easier. While UGA has earned the right to not worry about UT, the folks at UT better be preoccupied on how they're going to make a run at UGA.

We have to hope Napier is a bad coach. Because if he actually is a good X’s and O’s coach, I don’t see us sniffing second in the East. I mean we have a difficult time enough beating UF when they have terrible coaching.

We have to hope Napier is a bad coach. Because if he actually is a good X’s and O’s coach, I don’t see us sniffing second in the East. I mean we have a difficult time enough beating UF when they have terrible coaching.

UF has missed rather spectacularly on their hires lately. Anything is possible with Napier but it's rather amazing that they couldn't attract a higher profile coach. It does seem that the stature and prestige of the Florida program has dropped significantly. For the past 5-8 years I always felt like it was only a matter of time before UF wakes up. I never thought they'd amount to much with Mullen and that was proven correct. Of course it could happen now but the possibility of them continuing to trend downward has to be considered a distinct possibility.

I suspect UT will have little problem defeating them handily next season. I know blah blah they own us but there really is no reason that game should be close next season.

Reactions: VFLz15

VN Store

Back