SEC East Wide Open 2022

Hopefully the MCB was an outlier, but it was a disappointing way to end the season. Leaves a bad taste headed into 2022. Defense couldn't stop Purdue and yes I understand field conditions were bad. Georgia had a walk on QB, their defense was how they won and I don't see that changing next year.

Reactions: vol94
I'll be the first to say it - we beat Florida next year, still lose to UGA...unfortunately, we'll get caught sleeping against a KY, Mizzou, or USCe and end up 3rd in the East.

Reactions: volfan8 and Raebo
All I am worried about is the game with the Florida Gators.

It's such a giant opportunity and it's utterly pivotal for the direction of the SEC East, Tennessee and Florida.

Over the last three years outside of UGA and UF we have lost to ONE other team in the East ONCE. The JG pick six bonanza against KY. Vandy 3-0, USCjr 3-0, Mizzou 3-0, KY 2-1 (only beat us in 2020 because of JG)

We own the rest of the SEC East right now

Getting ahead of Florida in a year after they collapsed, had tons of transfers, a bad recruiting class and a first year head coach is a must!

And it would mean Heupel, in year two overcomes one of our many curses from the big three.

We lose that it's not the end of the world and we shouldn't give up on Heup, but it could be damning for his ceiling for the program I mean...if we can't beat them next year...nothings going to change.

I've never been one to lean towards "this isn't fair," but man, in order to reach the top in the near future, in our best hypothetical year, we're probably going to have to: beat Georgia, play Bama 3 times (regular season, SEC Champ, CFP) and beat them twice, and beat the other top 4 CFP team. Talk about a near impossible hill to climb.

This.

Every Tennessee fan who is all on the “LOL Bama, loved seeing Georgia beat them!” train is failing to realize we probably just saw the beginning of a dynasty run, and it’s literally in our division… and right next door to us.

Yeah, Bama winning would have done absolutely nothing other than give them another title.

Georgia winning is really really bad.

People have said this basically every year since 2017. When will people accept that Kirby is a darn good coach and is not going to face plant on his own? Next year their seniors will have been the #1 recruiting class, their juniors #2, their sophomores #4 and their freshmen #3 (at least), they'll be tough to beat again.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back