Search For Lady Vols Basketball Coach

It was allegecly a student, not students. Not even sure it was a current student/player at the time. That aside, Pokey probably may not could coach in today’s climate. She is a boss lady and does not play.

Yes. You can just tell she isn’t someone to fool with lol.

Reactions: T_Vol376
That is wholly incorrect. She was hand-picked by Pat to be her replacement. The job was never up for anyone else. Money was not a factor.

That's really cute that you think Hart gave two s#$%s what Pat wanted. The fact is Holly was the easiest, cheapest, most convenient choice at the time so she got the gig. It appears Fulmer is going the same route, the only difference is Hart didn't have to go through the headache of a pretend search...

That's really cute that you think Hart gave two s#$%s what Pat wanted. The fact is Holly was the easiest, cheapest, most convenient choice at the time so she got the gig. It appears Fulmer is going the same route, the only difference is Hart didn't have to go through the headache of a pretend search...
Tennessee needs to go back to having a Women's Athletic Director

Didn't people say the same thing during the OC search. How many people just swore up and down that Friend would be the OC. One problem with that. He wasn't named OC.

Dude, wake up. There was no search when Holly was promoted. In Pat's own words. Holly had been doing the bulk of the coaching at the end of her tenure. THERE WAS NO SEARCH FOR A COACH. NONE. SHE WAS PICKED BY PAT TO BE HER SUCCESSOR AND SUPPORTED BY THE ADMINSTRATION. Hart could not have went against it if he wanted to, Pat held sway and that's all that mattered then. She wasn't the cheapest by far. Fulmer, who knows way more than you ever will, will choose who he thinks is the best and capable of living up to the legacy and tradition that is the Lady Vols. If you believe otherwise, you are simply a dumbass idiot. Now, you've proven to me already that fact and as such, I'm happy to have the ignore button here, bye bye.

A bad hire and the Tennessee women's basketball program could crash and burn like former women's basketball powers Louisiana Tech and Old Dominion.
Excellent point!...La Tech used to strike fear into every womens program out there and just a few bad hires and look where they are now....I don't want to see us end up like that.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I'm a more casual fan than most on this board, but I recall that there were tons of coaches who had played under or coached under Pat Summitt. Are Lawson and Harper the only ones left?

LOL, if Walz is too unethical cuz someone made some shady phone calls, I don't think Chatman or Tyler will be getting the time of day.

Lawson (who has only coached a 3 on 3 team) and Harper aren't the only LV formers coaching, most notably there's Nikki Fargis at LSU where she's mightily struggling, narrowly escaped firing this year. There are a few small school former LV head coaches and quite a few assistant coaches. I say if we're going down that trail, lets relook at Kyra Elzy.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Good Times,Bad Times,you know I've had my share;
When my woman left home for a brown eyed man,
Well,i still don't seem to care.

Reactions: TenUhSee
LOL, if Walz is too unethical cuz someone made some shady phone calls, I don't think Chatman or Tyler will be getting the time of day.

Lawson (who has only coached a 3 on 3 team) and Harper aren't the only LV formers coaching, most notably there's Nikki Fargis at LSU where she's mightily struggling, narrowly escaped firing this year. There are a few small school former LV head coaches and quite a few assistant coaches. I say if we're going down that trail, lets relook at Kyra Elzy.

It seems Walz not getting consideration has little to do with any ethical dilemmas and all to do with money. He has done good things at Louisville but he is overvalued in my opinion.

Like most WNBA coaches; Pokey Chatman is literally working for chips and dip. I believe she would take this job in a heartbeat without breaking the bank and would be far superior to any of the other names mentioned.

CPF wont spend spend $$ to get a established name coach. Didnt learn a thing from football program
Fulmer is spending money on football coaches......we're paying both our coordinators over a million each. If you're talking about Pruitt being hired as head coach then you need to remember that their weren't a whole lot options available when Fulmer took over as the AD.

CPF isnt going to dish out the $ $ ,Waltz said he staying, Kara Lawson said she isn't interested. CPF didnt learn anything from the football program waste of $$ to get a top of the line coach at the beginning

VN Store

Back