Search firm for AD

Plowman probably didn't expect Phil to "retire" so she didn't have a list of candidates. Search firm will give her time.
Wonder what criteria she gave (will give) the firm? Last time as I recall the candidate had to have P5 AD experience which eliminated all the potential fan favorites.
@Stoerner Fumbles stated they had already spoken to Ingram and the guy who used to be at UTC( name escapes me at the moment).

Edit: Ingram and Gilbert.

Reactions: Wireless1
Saw it. And agree with Low and others that he was not on same page as Chancellor and President. I think he was politely asked to retire.

Then you are calling her a liar. Watch it again. She specifically laid out that he came to her with the thought a new AD should make the new hire. She did not stutter. They both went way beyond the we appreciate his years of service to add they will continue to call upon him after he retires. You have to really spin that to support the Low theory. I think they could all agree that the next important HC hire could be impacted by CPF's probable max tenure. I would bet if the new leadership team determines a year of interim HC is best plan, they will call on him to assist in finding coaches to fill holes for example. I fear that is a real possibility if the NCAA does not finalize pretty quick.

I’m still watching the Finebaum Show and the last few mins before break he took a call from a vol fan out of Fl who questioned Blackburn being a candidate, and said he would also be a great choice but he made a comment that said “ from what his source has said is that we have already hired a new AD or at least have already locked into one and mention keeps hearing John Gilbert’s name” and went on to say we will hear about it very soon. Any insiders in here know of any of this to be true?
I'd almost be willing to bet it will be Gilbert.

Reactions: ChrisVFL
Then you are calling her a liar. Watch it again. She specifically laid out that he came to her with the thought a new AD should make the new hire. She did not stutter. They both went way beyond the we appreciate his years of service to add they will continue to call upon him after he retires. You have to really spin that to support the Low theory. I think they could all agree that the next important HC hire could be impacted by CPF's probable max tenure. I would bet if the new leadership team determines a year of interim HC is best plan, they will call on him to assist in finding coaches to fill holes for example. I fear that is a real possibility if the NCAA does not finalize pretty quick.
IMO she was giving him a dignified way out. Fulmer is not the smartest guy in the room but he could read the writing on the wall. I’m sure he received at minimum some very strong vibes that he should retire or would be fired.

What do we know about Gilbert? Tony B thinks it might be him

Spent 17 years at Alabama. Dave Hart underling. It’s funny most around here spent the last 3-4 years trying to undo the Hart years and suddenly want this guy as AD.
Personally, I'd rather avoid the Bama connection this time around. UT needs a top shelf AD. Surely there are talented individuals who are interested.

Reactions: Wireless1 and cd12
SIAP- merge if necessary.
I just read that UT is hiring a search firm for the AD position. While I understand the rationale, info always leaks so why a search firm unless the President and chancellor do not have a list of candidates, or they want to show a sense of political correctness.
because they have no intention of hiring a proven AD.

No search firm needed. Hire David Blackburn like they should have done years ago. This university always does things ass backwards.

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back