Search firm for AD

Chris Low reporting we could be banned from post season for two years. He is on Finebaum now stating too many people involved and w numerous instances. He just said he thinks similar penalties that Ole Miss suffered a few yrs ago. I can’t recall the penalty they received but has to harm recruiting.

The entire thing is so sad and Pruitt truly harmed our program and we will be further behind that we already were.

Search firms are bogus & BS. They simply regurgitate their pool of candidates that pay them to find them jobs. If the best candidate doesn’t pay or give them a cut they don’t make the list. It’s like hiring Jimmy Sexton for this search, he gets $s from you to find people and he gets $s from having unemployed or underemployed people in a pool ready to go. The best choice is out there and unlikely to be in the search firm or mafia’s pool. Welcome to the world of Schianos for HC at UT.

You do realize it is going to take some serious convincing to get any reputable AD candidates to even want to touch this dumpster fire program with a toxic fan base.

Reactions: Scottt5
The entire situation makes me sick to my stomach. Always in the da&$ news for all the wrong reasons.

I guess I care too much.

Watching press conf. This is very painful. Idk WTH happened but apparently “number of people involved” and “numerous incidents.”

Sounds like we are going to have numerous sanctions with level one and level two.

Fulmer appeared to have a difficult time speaking about Pruitt. I thought it was going to break down. Say what you want but the man loves TN.

Sir, Phil Fulmer is a large reason we are in this situation we currently find ourselves in. He, trying to put make-up on the pig that turned out to be J Pruitt, and whom he hired, was one of the most dishonest public speaking replies to a question asking how Pruitt would be remembered as a coach, was 2 minutes of pure BS.

He should have simply said Pruitt was a mistake, a large mistake that I made, and I take total responsibility for it happening on my watch. I would have much more respect for the man if had spoke the truth.

my $0.02

Plowman probably didn't expect Phil to "retire" so she didn't have a list of candidates. Search firm will give her time.
Wonder what criteria she gave (will give) the firm? Last time as I recall the candidate had to have P5 AD experience which eliminated all the potential fan favorites.

I think Phil was given the option of retire or be fired. He was off during that press conference and he didn't strike me as being forth coming.

I’m still watching the Finebaum Show and the last few mins before break he took a call from a vol fan out of Fl who questioned Blackburn being a candidate, and said he would also be a great choice but he made a comment that said “ from what his source has said is that we have already hired a new AD or at least have already locked into one and mention keeps hearing John Gilbert’s name” and went on to say we will hear about it very soon. Any insiders in here know of any of this to be true?

Search firms are often necessary when hiring executive leadership positions. Given the University’s horrible track record and the predicament it finds itself in; bringing in outside expertise is 100% the right move.

Reactions: Volatility
Search firms are often necessary when hiring executive leadership positions. Given the University’s horrible track record and the predicament it finds itself in; bringing in outside expertise is 100% the right move.
but the same firm they’ve used in the past?

Sir, Phil Fulmer is a large reason we are in this situation we currently find ourselves in. He, trying to put make-up on the pig that turned out to be J Pruitt, and whom he hired, was one of the most dishonest public speaking replies to a question asking how Pruitt would be remembered as a coach, was 2 minutes of pure BS.

He should have simply said Pruitt was a mistake, a large mistake that I made, and I take total responsibility for it happening on my watch. I would have much more respect for the man if had spoke the truth.

my $0.02

You can wait 1000 years for Fulmer to admit that and you'll just be a thousand years older. He used to blame players after losses.

Reactions: Volfan1000 and Vato

I agree with you. I still think he loves UT and had a difficult time speaking. Maybe he was forced out and is bitter over that. I didn’t like Fulmer hired as AD nor agree he should be consulted for future advice.

That’s my point. We were ridiculed last time we hired a search firm and the experts said it was for “privacy, a way to back channel interviews and to save face if a candidate rejected us.”

I know it’s common but just think it’s a waste of money. Schools (look @ Bama) can interview candidates and then conduct a thorough background check without hiring a search firm. Maybe I am too impatient as I’m ready for this sh*$ show to end.

I love this university and proud my son will be attending next fall.

Go Vols!
Alabama hired a search firm also, both for head football coach and athletic director.

We don’t want more Alabama connections, John Gilbert just throw dirt on the football program if we go that route.

Bama’s prior AD retired and named a successor (current AD) within 48 hours.

Maybe I’m wrong. Been a bad day. Lol. Glad we are moving forward but don’t like probation/sanctions coming down the pike.

It’s a pretty simple hire. You go hire Jamie Pollard from Iowa St. He has done a good job. Then get him to take a shot at Matt Campbell for head football coach. If he can’t get Campbell, we know he did a good job in hiring Campbell and should be able to find another good coach. No search firm needed.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back