Search firm for AD

I don’t think it’s a bad thing for university presidents/chancellors to use a search firm. They’re probably not experts when it comes to athletics. However I think it’s ridiculous for an AD to hire a search firm for head coaches. Hiring good coaches is one of their most important responsibilities. I just hope UT leadership aren’t idiots and don’t get swindled

Exactly! We're not hiring folks in academia which is the world chancellors ought to live in. And Randy Boyd's athletic contacts extend how far? It takes talent to recruit talent. Everybody needs to stay in their lane here and let a better process work than VN opinion and Clay Travis' clickbait.

Then you are calling her a liar. Watch it again. She specifically laid out that he came to her with the thought a new AD should make the new hire. She did not stutter. They both went way beyond the we appreciate his years of service to add they will continue to call upon him after he retires. You have to really spin that to support the Low theory. I think they could all agree that the next important HC hire could be impacted by CPF's probable max tenure. I would bet if the new leadership team determines a year of interim HC is best plan, they will call on him to assist in finding coaches to fill holes for example. I fear that is a real possibility if the NCAA does not finalize pretty quick.

Have you heard any media state the same thing I did! Writers close to the program.
we can disagree but I still think he was advised it would be better for Phil to leave.

That’s my point. We were ridiculed last time we hired a search firm and the experts said it was for “privacy, a way to back channel interviews and to save face if a candidate rejected us.”

I know it’s common but just think it’s a waste of money. Schools (look @ Bama) can interview candidates and then conduct a thorough background check without hiring a search firm. Maybe I am too impatient as I’m ready for this sh*$ show to end.

I love this university and proud my son will be attending next fall.

Go Vols!
Well, look at the history of using a search firm since 1992 when Dickey retired. No real leadership and a bunch a clowns who have used the university for a paycheck and their job as permanent recess. UT needs someone with strong leadership skills and will scare the piss out of people if they screw up because they will be held accountable for their mistakes. Don't bring up the football team in the 1990's, they were great. I merely talking about the athletic department which is a business and needs a real leader.

Have you heard any media state the same thing I did! Writers close to the program.
we can disagree but I still think he was advised it would be better for Phil to leave.

I don't need guys trying to fit facts to their own narrative tell me what I can see for myself. I saw both his bosses say what they said. It just makes sense they all reached the same conclusion that the new AD should lead the HC search. My guess is the preferred CPF plan was to have him limp through the start of next season and then follow this same plan. I admit I was fooled by the length of the investigation. I reached the wrong conclusion that there were lots of issues, but the nickel and dime type, not in the denominations now being kicked around.

I don't need guys trying to fit facts to their own narrative tell me what I can see for myself. I saw both his bosses say what they said. It just makes sense they all reached the same conclusion that the new AD should lead the HC search. My guess is the preferred CPF plan was to have him limp through the start of next season and then follow this same plan. I admit I was fooled by the length of the investigation. I reached the wrong conclusion that there were lots of issues, but the nickel and dime type, not in the denominations now being kicked around.

So why is Fulmer getting a “severance package “ if he indeed wasn’t asked to leave. I guess the university is grateful for all his accomplishments as AD. Our beloved football program is in shambles and at an all time low. We can agree to disagree but Fulmer would not accept a severance package IF his retirement was 100% his decision. He doesn’t need the money so what is another $450k in his pocket? This will be the second time he has received a severance check from our university.

So why is Fulmer getting a “severance package “ if he indeed wasn’t asked to leave. I guess the university is grateful for all his accomplishments as AD. Our beloved football program is in shambles and at an all time low. We can agree to disagree but Fulmer would not accept a severance package IF his retirement was 100% his decision. He doesn’t need the money so what is another $450k in his pocket? This will be the second time he has received a severance check from our university.

I was a bit surprised at that, but has anybody posted the wording in the contract? Does it say severance or does it define it as separation or something else with for any reason type language in it? Just like to see it to address your question. Hard to believe they did not anticipate issues with this unless it is supported by language. I still think he got gun shy after getting burned by Pruitt. If you only hire one it can be bad but it can't be a trend. Usually some smart guy can cut and paste the contract.

VN Store

Back