'24 SC QB Jadyn Davis

Top Performers from OT7: Day Two

10. QB Jadyn Davis, 2024
2024 quarterback Jadyn Davis gets the nod at No. 10 after making some impressive throws over the course of his first day of action. Davis has a thick, powerful base that he uses to generate velocity. While Davis may not have had the throw-to-throw consistency of Iamaleava, Nelson or Moore, his arm did not look out of place playing alongside the highly-touted 2023 prospects. As noted above, we saw Davis connect with top 50 wide receiver Noah Rogers on several deep touchdowns throughout the day. Clemson, Michigan, LSU and Georgia are the leaders in Davis’ On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

LAS VEGAS - Charlotte (NC) Providence Day School five-star 2024 quarterback Jadyn Davis’s first throw of the night at the Overtime OT7 Event was a 40-yard strike to Top247 2023 receiver Noah Rogers for a score.

Davis was electric right out of the gate, a smooth, calculated passer with the arm talent and ability to anticipate and throw guys open. Easy to see why he’s so coveted, but it takes a lot of work behind the scenes.

The 6-foot, 190-pound Davis begins his day at 5 am every day.

“I call it the dark hours,” Davis said. “That my chance to zone everything out before anybody is up, before social media is blowing, staying locked in. I have an hour limit on my social media apps on my phone now just so I’m not focused on all the things that really don’t matter. Keeping the main thing the main things, God and football.”

That alarm goes off and Davis is doing “everything from lifting to running. Throwing sometimes. Even meditation. I’ve taken a mental health approach to it as well or stretching and yoga. Just getting my mind right before everybody’s day gets started.”

As Davis is poised to have a big junior season at Providence Day School, he’s also been able to connect with college coaches and programs are emerging for one of America’s most talented passers.

“Georgia for sure, Clemson for sure, Michigan for sure, Florida State, Tennessee, Penn State, there are some more too,” Davis said. “And LSU.”

Davis recently spoke highly to 247Sports about visits to Clemson, LSU and Alabama. Following those stops, he was at Michigan this past Sunday and that really moved the needle.
“That was definitely a great trip just going up there meeting with Coach Harbaugh, Coach Weiss, putting a face with the voice honestly,” Davis said. “The approach they take to quarterback development, they make sure all their guys are ready. The o-line, they won the o-line award so that’s the first thing I look for in a program, how the o-line is looking.

That was a great experience. That was the first time I was in the state of Michigan in general. So it was a really cool experience and I’m looking forward to getting back.

“The quarterback room, they feel like 24 is their hot spot. It’s a place I can come in and play, learn from JJ McCarthy. One of the top guys, I’m a big fan of his game. Coach Harbaugh’s development, he won’t put you on the field if you’re not ready. He’s going to make sure you’re ready before you hit the field.”

Davis is done taking visits in June. He could get back to Michigan and Tennessee for their respective barbecues they have with top recruits in July. The Vols program has really impressed.

“I lived in Tennessee for a year,” Davis said. “That was a great experience. That was probably one of my favorite places I ever lived. Great people and great hospitality and great environment. Coach Heup he’s a guy who’s a players coach. He’s going to coach the quarterback, he played the quarterback position and he’s a guy that I think could develop me very well.”

David talked about narrowing his list of 30-plus offers at the end of the mont and narrowing it down more during the season. He also wants to take all of his official visits before giving a commitment.

“If that effects how my decision plan is so be it but I’ve worked hard to get all my officials,” Davis said.

Fielding offers from big-time programs since the eighth grade, Georgia and Alabama were the first two, Davis has had a lot of time to think about what he’s looking for in a school.

“No. 1 education,” Davis said. “My mom has always been no books, no ball. No. 2 an offense that translates to the pros. No. 3 just how they develop quarterbacks. I want a guy that has either played the quarterback position and knows what it’s like to be back there, has NFL experience because I feel like experience is the best teacher in life. Quarterback is one of those positions, one it’s the hardest position in sports. Two unless you’ve been back there, you don’t really know what it’s like to process information so quickly.”

There were times during play at the Overtime OT7 event where Davis made the latter look easy.
-Wiltfong

Davis is more polished at this stage, but Nico's upside is much higher. He has the frame to easily add 25-30lbs and is a legit 6'6". He's also much more athletic than many give him credit for and as cool in the pocket as the other side of the pillow.

Entering their junior seasons you mean?
Or real time?

I noticed people keep hinting about how raw nico is...

He showed yesterday he's absolutely not raw during the 7 on 7 against Malachi Nelson
He's easily the most accurate and well coached QB in the 2023 cycle.

A lot of people think arm-strength and accuracy are separate from each other.
When the reality is, you need certain levels of arm strength to make key throws accurately.
Nico checks almost every box so far.
- good quick release
- tight spiral
- 6'6 and athletic
- monster arm
- throws with touch (knows when to use sauce or not)
- reads through progressions
- ultra confident

Some of the WRs that Tennessee is recruiting that want go somewhere else in this class, are absolute....idiots haha.
I don't how else to say that.

As a WR, you want to play with the best QB possible.

That's NICO for 2023

As high as I am on Nico, 7on7 is not real football. I wish he would take it more seriously, but he’s having fun. Maybe I’m just old school but his antics bother me. Showing up in pajama pants and just basically going through the motions, he knows he’s great, but I want him to be a work man, I want him to be a film junky. I want him to show up to these events laser focused and just destroy everyone. He’s just so lackadaisical with everything

As high as I am on Nico, 7on7 is not real football. I wish he would take it more seriously, but he’s having fun. Maybe I’m just old school but his antics bother me. Showing up in pajama pants and just basically going through the motions, he knows he’s great, but I want him to be a work man, I want him to be a film junky. I want him to show up to these events laser focused and just destroy everyone. He’s just so lackadaisical with everything
Lord help us kids having fun in the summer what shall we ever do....Sometimes ppl forget these are kids man now if he shows up to the field on game day in pajamas and Prada shades we can talk but until then let em have fun.

Ummm just because he is wearing pajama pants doesn’t mean he is just going through the motions..he dominated yesterday and won the top performer aka alpha dog. Very dumb comment. I don’t care what he wears as long as he dominates. I want him to be cool, calm, and collected while dominating in games.

....🙄.

What do you think he did yesterday?
And he destroys people in real football too.

This is the most nonsensical thing I’ve ever read on this site and that’s saying a lot.

Entering their junior seasons you mean?
Or real time?

I noticed people keep hinting about how raw nico is...

He showed yesterday he's absolutely not raw during the 7 on 7 against Malachi Nelson
He's easily the most accurate and well coached QB in the 2023 cycle.

A lot of people think arm-strength and accuracy are separate from each other.
When the reality is, you need certain levels of arm strength to make key throws accurately.
Nico checks almost every box so far.
- good quick release
- tight spiral
- 6'6 and athletic
- monster arm
- throws with touch (knows when to use sauce or not)
- reads through progressions
- ultra confident

Some of the WRs that Tennessee is recruiting that want go somewhere else in this class, are absolute....idiots haha.
I don't how else to say that.

As a WR, you want to play with the best QB possible.

That's NICO for 2023
At same stage of their development. Also, that's the scary part about Nico, the fact that he can still get so much better. I think he's already the best QB in this class as well, but also has the highest ceiling.

Eh he’s from California that’s kinda they way they roll. Dude works plenty hard. His play and what others say about him is evidence.

1654975867445.gif

Like I said, it’s just my opinion. I think he’s amazing, I just expect the star QB to act professional when they are at these events. But that’s a me issue, doesn’t mean it’s how everyone feels. But he has a huge look at me attitude, which can be great if it’s tuned right, he could also be a huge prima-donna cancer in the locker room.

I’m just not ready to elect a high school Junior to the hall of fame before he’s stepped foot on campus

You have no idea what he's like, his work ethic, or how he prepares for games.

It's people like you that take a small sample size such as social media posts and make judgements about them.

This is the number one reason I stay off social media and keep to myself in general.

Haven’t you done exactly the same thing? Just from my opposite perspective? But, I’m not bashing you for your views

At same stage of their development. Also, that's the scary part about Nico, the fact that he can still get so much better. I think he's already the best QB in this class as well, but also has the highest ceiling.
Bingo! With out a doubt this a is very accurate description of Nico and how he should be ranked as the number one player this cycle

Jesus dude you have got to be kidding. Who cares if he takes these events seriously or not? He is committed to TN. He is, without question, one of the best players in the nation and arguably the best QB in the country. Think about what you said. Dude shows up in pajama pants and shades and dominates. Reminds me of Larry Bird. Bird doesn’t even changes his warm up clothes and dominates the 3 pt contest. How do you know he isn’t a film junkie? When he gets on campus he will be focused.

Relax and enjoy this. Nico surely is.

Yes he's in pajamas and still kicking everyone's ass

Jesus dude you have got to be kidding. Who cares if he takes these events seriously or not? He is committed to TN. He is, without question, one of the best players in the nation and arguably the best QB in the country. Think about what you said. Dude shows up in pajama pants and shades and dominates. Reminds me of Larry Bird. Bird doesn’t even changes his warm up clothes and dominates the 3 pt contest. How do you know he isn’t a film junkie? When he gets on campus he will be focused.

Relax and enjoy this. Nico surely is.
This exactly. What does wearing pj's have to do with his work ethic? The thought that this kid can show up, with honestly inferior talent on his team, and dominate against the best talent in the country is even scarier if he isn't taking it seriously. That would indicate that he is a whole ass super hero out here.

This exactly. What does wearing pj's have to do with his work ethic? The thought that this kid can show up, with honestly inferior talent on his team, and dominate against the best talent in the country is even scarier if he isn't taking it seriously. That would indicate that he is a whole ass super hero out here.
This. Here was the previews of each's 7v7 team for this weekend:
Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 6.44.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 6.44.23 PM.png

VN Store

Back