'24 SC QB Jadyn Davis

What does his offer list look like?

Sorry pastor.

iu

"We're trying to work around my sister’s (summer) basketball schedule," Davis told Kurelic. "She has tournaments. I plan to get up to Ohio State, Penn State and Tennessee."

The 6-foot-1, 187-pound Davis received a scholarship offer from first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel's staff on May 24. He already has received offers from at least nine schools, including Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina and Texas A&M.

According to 247Sports' official evaluation of him, written by Southeast recruiting analyst Andrew Ivins, Davis is "already pushing 6-foot-1" and "likely to keep growing," adding that he has a "slender build with room to eventually fill out."

"A multi-game starter at the varsity level as a freshman," Ivins wrote of Davis. "Quick, compact release allows him to spray it around the field. Ball placement a strength early on in his career as he’s accurate more times than not. Uses trajectory to his advantage. Clean footwork. Likes to establish a secure base. Solid pocket presence for his age, but athletic and creative enough to keep plays alive. Can move the chains with his legs.

"Doesn’t put himself in many risky situations. Peers consider him a leader in the huddle. Will need to develop some arm strength over the next few years, but already capable of making some high-level throws. Viewed by trusted quarterback trainers as a kid that’s well ahead of the curve.

"Should develop into one of the top passers in the 2024 cycle with the right coaching and mindset."
-Callahan

What’s it with all these QBs wearing number 2 . Thougjt
I wouldn’t have to see that at the QB position for a few years lol jk
It wasn’t the number. You’ll survive or we’ll do it for you. 😉

Reactions: volnut1
“It was a great experience getting to meet with all three coaches — the OC, the head coach and the quarterbacks coach,” Davis said, referring to Vols offensive coordinator Alex Golesh, quarterbacks coach Joey Halzle and Heupel.

“It was great for me to get in there and just put a face to a voice, and watch some clips of ball with them and just interact with the whole coaching staff in general.”

The 6-foot-1, 187-pound Davis lived in Murfreesboro, Tenn., for about a year while he was in middle school before moving to the Charlotte, N.C., area, and he attended a youth camp at Tennessee under Pruitt. But he didn’t hesitate to visit the Vols again after getting an offer from them a little more than two months ago.

Davis said he originally planned to make the trip to Knoxville last month before a youth camp at his high school forced him to reschedule. He finally made it there Wednesday, and he wasn’t disappointed.

“I saw the Peyton Manning Room,” he said. “That was probably my favorite room by far, being that that’s, like, the GOAT in my eyes, and I want to have my own room like that one day, hopefully. But stuff like that, and then the indoor was beautiful. Neyland Stadium, that’s a pretty big stadium that I could envision myself throwing a couple touchdowns in.

“(I liked) just the whole town in general, and how I guess they’re adding onto the facility, as well, so it was a great chance for me to see that. I think the benefit of me being a young kid, a ‘24 (prospect), is I get to see everything being built and the final product, which is a pretty cool experience.”
“And you could tell the players are buying into the system. Me and Harrison Bailey are cool. That’s a good friend of mine, and he was up there joking and stuff like that, so there are certain vibes you can see that they’re not BSing (with) some of the stuff they say.

“Some schools, they say, ‘We have a great relationship with the players. We care about such and such,’ and then the players hate it. But every time I talk to Harrison, he says he loves it up there, loves the offense and loves how they do things.”

Davis said he already has started to talk “pretty frequently” with Halzle since getting his offer from Tennessee in May. The Vols made it clear to Davis on Wednesday that they believe he’s a good fit for their offense.

“Obviously, they haven’t played a regular season at Tennessee yet,” said Davis, who has committed to play in the 2024 All-American Bowl. “But they were showing me a bunch of the UCF film and stuff like that, just seeing how I can push the ball downfield with my arm vertically, and also with the RPO game.
-Callahan

Top247 Rank: No. 1

The Skinny: Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M have offered with the likes of Clemson and Oklahoma keeping close tabs.

“I’m trying to keep my options open,” Davis said. “Really every school has made a really good impression on me, every school I’ve visited and I still need to get out and see more places. I have a great relationship with every coach that’s offered. And I have good friends at each of the schools and I’m keeping my options open and waiting it out and see where it falls into place.”
Davis looks forward to taking more visits this season.

“I want to try to get to as many games as possible,” Davis said. “Ohio State for sure, Georgia for sure, Bama for sure, Tennessee, I’d like to get to Texas A&M if I can. Oregon I’d like to try and make it happen, a two or three-day trip out there. I’m going to try and go anywhere that’s offered and see different places and what stands out.”

Summer travels took him to Tennessee, Penn State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Alabama. His father joined him on all the trips.
“You meet Lincoln Riley you’re up in stardom,” Jeremiah Davis said. “I’m like holy crap Lincoln Riley, but that guy is truly genuine about everything especially the quarterback position. He’s always going to be a standout. What more can you say about his quarterbacks. I got an opportunity to speak with Coach (Ryan) Day at Ohio State. His record speaks for itself. We talked with Kirby (Smart) at Georgia. I know they’re trying to get to that point where they’re better at developing quarterbacks but Kirby is pretty straight forward with stuff. Been to South Carolina, same thing with them. If I had to say, not saying he’s going to any of these schools, but from a leadership standpoint Lincoln Riley is phenomenal. He’s a charasmatic person. He understands what the kid likes and dislikes and helps him understand what kind of system to build around that player. I think Ryan Day is around that same level. Ryan Day is a developer and it speaks in his record. Coach Saban he takes me back in my marine days, yes sir, no sir.”

-Wiltfong

Reactions: VolByLaw

VN Store

Back