Salter released from team

The Vol Nation collectively helped his sick father with his bills and son Salter pays us back with actions like this?

Wonder what his father is saying to him?

My gosh. It's not even July yet and he's done enough bad to get tossed.

Wonder how he's going to market his image now?

How about selling airline tickets from Tennessee to Texas. :)

Note - It has never ceased to amaze me how a player could be released from a school for unacceptable behaviour and yet have a group of other schools chasing and clamoring over him.

I think it is a natural mindset that; that just because someone misbehaved somewhere else, they won’t do it again, especially here at x,y,z school. They rationalize it was the previous environment or the kids they hung out with. Sometimes it actually works, sometimes it doesn’t. Tenn has done the same. Depends on how much talent they have. I personally think he was too immature to leave home. Needs to go juco as close to home as possible.

Reminds me of the kid that was on last chance you that was originally from FSU.

Last edited:
Wonder what kinda problems he had in Tx that got swept under the rug...
Just goes to show Pruitt looked the other way ..im sure it came out in his backgroud and talking to school and teachers .. well if they did that ..LOL .. probably never did any kind of reference check on him

From my outside view, I think Heupel and UT did the right thing.

It sucks because Salter’s latest caper that got him bounced wasn’t serious, by itself. But he had placed himself on thin ice with earlier actions.

Hope he can wise up and successfully rebound at an SMU or TCU. Just not against the Vols.

The curse on our football program continues. Do we have any players left from last years signing class?
You can curse a program by having players making poor life decisions. Don't think some of that doesn't bleed over into the locker room. Hate it that his Dad is struggling. Tennessee didn't do this to the kid, the kid did it to himself. I sincerely hope this is the "wake up call" that turns this kid around. Some still don't get it, and then feel they are a victim. Hope that's not him.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
If you think a team full of potheads could compete against a team of players who aren't, you are sadly miss informed about what pot does to the psychology of a daily smokers brain
Stop acting like an authority on weed because you're not, in fact, you are very ignorant to the benefits of weed and it's obvious.

Wonder what kinda problems he had in Tx that got swept under the rug...
I am sure plenty. This behavior did not start with Tennessee. Cedar Hill is a small town and Tx loves their football, so he was probably adored resulting in that cocky attitude. I taught at DeSoto which is nearby(years ago) and football is about the only thing going.

Whatever.

I wish him no ill will but not going to pretend to be the kids nanny or mentor either.

Clears out a spot for someone more interested in playing SEC football in Knoxville.

Sad, but had to be done. Discipline, a steady hand, and leadership are needed to get our chemistry/culture back…Salter seems incapable of these prerequisites at the moment. Hopefully, he learns from this. GBO.

Well, he obviously didn’t learn anything from his first issue a few months ago.
What an idiot.
For his sake I hope he grows up

No other outcome was really possible.Hope that he can get his sh..t straight for himself and his family.Heupel did the only option and did it quickly,once the facts were known.Good for Coach in this sad situation.

I am sure plenty. This behavior did not start with Tennessee. Cedar Hill is a small town and Tx loves their football, so he was probably adored resulting in that cocky attitude. I taught at DeSoto which is nearby(years ago) and football is about the only thing going.
Yeah I'm thinking people looked the other way...star QB
After his first incident most people in his position would have had a wake up call and tried to keep their nose clean, at least make it through freshman year before another incident. The fact that he didn't get in any real legal trouble and was let back on the team, in his mind probably said this is just like back home and I can do whatever I want.
Guess we'll see if being let go wakes him up

He'll go JUCO for this upcoming season and be on an SEC roster next season.

Face it, what happened this weekend would have never seen the light of day in most other SEC school towns.

Ding ding ding. I don't know about he will be a for sure fire SEC player, he's still very unknown. But yeahm Can't blame CJH for dismissing him, he would of looked like someone not in control if he didn't. But this is on the police and media. You keep this kind of stuff hush hush about the football program. Period. It's not a hard concept you Mormons, people have to start pulling in the same direction.

VN Store

Back