Rutgers 2020 QB?

Temple would be a nice place for him to go
His Dad played at Rutgers. They are in high need of anyone. Schiano knows his dad from Rutgers...if he’s not at UT, he’s at Rutgers. He’d do well there w/ a new start. I’d be OK with him staying if he could dial in the consistency thing. I’ve got a feeling, even if he stays, at best, he’s getting the same type PT as this year. We’ve seen him for 3 years...he is what he is...some really good, some, not so much.

I'm done debating with anyone about JG.
Yeah, this would be year 4 going into the season w/ orange colored QB glasses on. First, thought Dormady was going to be legit, then thought last year and especially this year, JG was going to dial it in. GOOD thing is, we have numbers now. It’s time for one of these skilled QB’s to TAKE THE JOB. Frustrating that Maurer, who had some flashes, had the opportunity to grab the reins in the bowl game, and legitimately could have thrown 3 INT’s in one drive. I like his fiery spirit...don’t like the loose cannon arm. I’m thinking starter in 2020 will be either the MD transfer or HB...just my opinion.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Who? Mauer? Really? Did you watch Mauer Saturday? Mauer should have been intercepted on 2 of his 3 throws in the Gator Bowl. If that had happened, he would have 7 INT vs. 35 competitions. That's 1 INT per 5 competitions. In reality, he stands at 1 INT per 7 competitions (5/35). That's REALLY REALLY bad--MUCH worse than JG on his worst day. Incompletions are not near as bad as INTs. I'm totally frustrated with JG as well, but no way would I consider Mauer better than JG at this juncture. Hopefully Bailey is the answer.
How many of BM ints came against UF,UGA, BAMA

I want him back. If he goes, he will probably have the best year ever and our offense will struggle even worse and those saying good riddance will be complaining because the coaches did not try hard enough to keep him. That is what Tennessee does. Just consider that Alabama let Hurts go and Georgia let Fields go - and who was in the playoffs ... Not those two schools.
you're not seriously putting JG in the same clas as Hurts and Fields?? I respect his thick skin and his toughness but come on. When he was "on", his arm was as good as any but he couldn't scramble his way out of a paper sack. and when he was "off" OMG!,

Not to fan the flames anymore but check out the caption.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200107-215213_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200107-215213_Instagram.jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: FLVOL_79
A lot of the posters complained about Dobbs literally every year he was at UT..
lol no. Not even close to the fan outcry against the scrub. So many fans were so over jarette that pruit had to "start" someone else so they wouldn't boo him at the beginning of the games.

The complaining about Dobbs was nowhere near that. Of course you already knew that.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
He reminds me -demeanor-wise- of Casey Clausen. Clausen went out, did the job and won games, but I don’t think he was ever as embraced by the fans as guys like Andy Kelly and Heath Shuler. CC wasn’t from here and just wasn’t a magnetic guy. Clearly, JG hasn’t played as well as those guys either, but I really wonder if it would matter much.
I'm not a fan, but I cannot fault the kids heart or attitude. The only problem I ever had with his attitude was in the game against GA Tech....his pouting turned me off. He turned it around after that though.

I tend to disagree with your opinion about the fans not embracing him. I think he got the benefit of the doubt by many much earlier, and for longer than he should have.

Had he played like any of your examples he would be able to run for Governor.

Reactions: tbh
you're not seriously putting JG in the same clas as Hurts and Fields?? I respect his thick skin and his toughness but come on. When he was "on", his arm was as good as any but he couldn't scramble his way out of a paper sack. and when he was "off" OMG!,

I was merely pointing out that in those examples, the teams to which they transferred did better than the teams they transferred from. And with Tua getting hurt, Bama could have used Hurts, big time. JG is not as bad as many of you want to make him to be. He is just not the type of QB you want. He is a big part of the reason for the turn around and why we got to go bowling ... without him you all are probably firing the coach right now.

Guarantano just put this on his insta story. Personally I like JG but somewhere else may be better for him. *Story was deleted*

This is no different than his decision to throw into double coverage or his decision to QB sneak against Bama. Just another bad decision.

VN Store

Back