Rutgers 2020 QB?

What are your other reasons to believe he is "disingenuous"and "me first"? Because facial expressions vary by player/personality type.. if you're going to use those words to describe him you should definitely have more reasons. The kid has taken a beating physically and through the media/fans ( some definitely warranted).
Ill be happy to discuss thise reasons in private as some were given to me that way

I never said I hate JG. I just disagree with your statement that all players improve. My objection has no regard for JG as part of it.
Did you post something negative about JG? Yes? Then here that means you hate him with every fiber of your being.

I think he transfers. Probably the best move for him if he has dreams of making an NFL roster one day, if only as a back-up. He'd quite easily be the best QB on their roster and has the personal relationship with Schiano.

For TN, it's a bit of good and bad if he transfers out. He's extremely inconsistent and is probably the least athletic among all of our QBs. He has always seemed like a square peg in a round hole the entire time he's been here. But on the other hand, he has a ton of experience and there's no guarantee any other QB on the roster will be any better. At the very least, he'd be an amazing back-up if someone else stepped up in 2020.

Sometimes a change of scenery, and coaching, is just what is needed to fix a player. That may be the case with JG. For whatever reason, I have my own opinions why, he’s never gained traction like he should have here. If he goes I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

Sometimes a change of scenery, and coaching, is just what is needed to fix a player. That may be the case with JG. For whatever reason, I have my own opinions why, he’s never gained traction like he should have here. If he goes I wish him nothing but the best of luck.
He reminds me -demeanor-wise- of Casey Clausen. Clausen went out, did the job and won games, but I don’t think he was ever as embraced by the fans as guys like Andy Kelly and Heath Shuler. CC wasn’t from here and just wasn’t a magnetic guy. Clearly, JG hasn’t played as well as those guys either, but I really wonder if it would matter much.

I have a fantastic life, it was a topic within a topic. Had I wanted to go out of my way to tear him down I would have started a thread with a rumor. Spread such rumor all over Twitter, Facebook etc. For the record, I never called JG a liar you only assumed. I found the story odd, he randomly tells the media he got death threats. Coach Pruitt says the following Monday he doesn't have any idea what the reporter was talking about and says UT will look into it. Rewind all the way back to summer, JG tells the media after 3 years they've been pronouncing his name wrong. JG is an odd dude and has had an odd career here sprinkled with bits of brilliance. Never said UT was trying to cover it up, you did and you're simply putting words in my mouth to create fake rage on your part.

Daniel Lincoln and Jonathon Crompton also said they got death threats. It's not that unbelievable, especially since JG has gotten hate for over 3 years now.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Daniel Lincoln and Jonathon Crompton also said they got death threats. It's not that unbelievable, especially since JG has gotten hate for over 3 years now.
Not unbelievable, just something very odd about the whole situation. Crompton's were well noted and his family was issued security detail during games at Neyland.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I agree. He’s never been as good as we wanted him to be, but people are completely nuts if they think the roster gets better when a 5th year Senior QB transfers. It’s the height of fan stupidity.

JG comes back to compete for the job this Fall, probably.

We will see where this goes.

At this point, if he has any doubts, and I mean any doubts, about staying and competing then he should go, immediately. Here's why:

He does not need the pressure of competing against a freshman who many think will win the job. I don't mean that he should not have to compete, but as a senior it must be pretty disquieting to know that most of the fan base and some of our coaches do not have full confidence in him. And on the field confidence is not his strong suit to begin with.

Our other quarterbacks don't need the drama. His whole 4 years at UT have been filled with controversy. For UT to have a good quarterback room where everyone has a clear understanding he needs to go now or publicly say that he is staying; anything less is not acceptable. And if he starts posting cryptic crap on SM then he should just go.

He has had one of the most bizarre, up and down, disappointing and unfulfilled careers I have ever seen. He has used up all of the good will, hope, potential, and "just wait until he develops" that ever existed. He seems to be a fine young man so I hope he does not sully the reputation he has worked so hard to gain of being a VFL. He needs to publicly commit to us now or leave, not much in between for me.

Not unbelievable, just something very odd about the whole situation. Crompton's were well noted and his family was issued security detail during games at Neyland.
I always found it strange that 1... he never stood uo for his sister. 2..his family or team especially his father never spoke on the subject 3..and perhaps most troubling is my university never spoke out on it....i mean "mean messages" that her brother alluded to were threats to a college female on a major university campus and its crickets...nothing

So are you saying in games played maurer and shrout were not on a shorter leash than jg?
Yes, because you always keep underclassmen on a short leash. If they break a cardinal rule in game like throwing cross body over the middle(maurer has done several times) they get pulled, so they learn. But that doesnt mean that there was never a competition, that's just how a smart coach handles developing a qb. Have you ever noticed Dan Mullen doesnt let QBs throw in game until they are close to being a junior? It's called development, I know it's been lacking around here recently but thats what it looks like.

Are only going to discuss what a prevent defense looks like in private too? Because you didn't respond.
But since you want to push thr issue and be an ass...

The prevent defense is a concept that can be used in any formation but mainly runs out of a 5 or more db formation..it also can included a variety of coverage achemes..the main premise behind it is to PREVENT the offense from completing a deep pass over the top...it also encourages a loose coverage in the middle and tighter in the sideline that the play can be extended and the clock keeps running...

Funny how the first pass to Grey there wasnt a guy within 7 yards. They rather give a short pass tonthe middle then a deep pass over the top..what theh didnt account for was GReys ability

Yes, because you always keep underclassmen on a short leash. If they break a cardinal rule in game like throwing cross body over the middle(maurer has done several times) they get pulled, so they learn. But that doesnt mean that there was never a competition, that's just how a smart coach handles developing a qb. Have you ever noticed Dan Mullen doesnt let QBs throw in game until they are close to being a junior? It's called development, I know it's been lacking around here recently but thats what it looks like.
Dak Prescott threw the ball 267 times his sophomore year...

VN Store

Back