Rutgers 2020 QB?

This is the same territory as the Mullen argument. Buncha should we or shouldn’t we’s amongst a group of posters with no effect on the outcome.

I don’t see the vast experience. He never took a game from start to finish...big step towards becoming an established starter. He’s had some snaps, witnessed elite game speed and made some big time plays. That’s an advantage but not much of a resume. He’ll have a lead on Bailey when Spring starts...not an IMPOSING lead. I merely want the best option of taking a Chaney gameplan and executing said gameplan...the rest is flutter.

Me and you are in agreement.

Who is already better???

Harrison Bailey is ALREADY BETTER. Plenty of freshmen QB's have played early and have done well in the SEC. David Greene, Jake Fromm, Jake Bently and Jacob Eason easily come to mind. Given that HB has been a starter from day 1 at Marietta (in the highest level football conference in Georgia) since he entered high school I see no reason whatsoever that he will not be Tennessee's QB on day 1.

I disagree. Many get worse.

That's a very illogical hill to die on for justifying your hate for JG, a guy who has never had the same offensive coordinator in consecutive years and will have a supposed quarterback whisperer next year again. Like I said, I hate our fans.

That's a very illogical hill to die on for justifying your hate for JG, a guy who has never had the same offensive coordinator in consecutive years and will have a supposed quarterback whisperer next year again. Like I said, I hate our fans.
I never said I hate JG. I just disagree with your statement that all players improve. My objection has no regard for JG as part of it.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
He is going to be better.
And Brian Maurer already is better.

I don't a give a care what you think about it either.

He's been holding Tennessee back for 3 years!

How can you justify 148 PASSING YARDS A GAME? We're not a dang service academy school! Leave already...

I am sure the UT Athletic dept cuts you a check monthly for your in depth analysis. Hard to figure out why Coach Pruitt didn't realize Maurer is so much better, mind bogleing I say.

Reactions: Bennessee01
I respect the kid, probably one of the toughest qbs we've had. I haven't doubted his heart for Tennessee, or giving his all. That said, outside of a few games, he's been a liability at qb. If he didn't get it by this year, he won't be any different next year. If he's here, I'll hope for the best. If he leaves, I'll wish him the best.

I think he could go to Rutgers and do well. The overall competition he faces will be easier though he has struggled against several non P5 programs while here.

Reactions: joevol33
JG has had a different OC every year. Transferring makes no sense, because it would just continue that trend. Go pro...or stay and see if he can be consistent in Chaney’s system.
On another note, we saw JG’s family after the game. His dad seemed to be a wreck. I could tell that it was a tough night for him as well.
I personally want him to stay, like it or not, he is our best option. Laughable to say HB is better before he has his first practice.

I never said I hate JG. I just disagree with your statement that all players improve. My objection has no regard for JG as part of it.

You implied you don't care if he transfers or not. Pretty brave thing to say anonymously on the internet about a guy who plays football for a team you root for. Sounds like a comment a hater would make, in fact.

JG has had a different OC every year. Transferring makes no sense, because it would just continue that trend. Go pro...or stay and see if he can be consistent in Chaney’s system.
On another note, we saw JG’s family after the game. His dad seemed to be a wreck. I could tell that it was a tough night for him as well.
I personally want him to stay, like it or not, he is our best option. Laughable to say HB is better before he has his first practice.
At one point this season he was beat out by a true freshman QB and maybe would not have gotten the job back if not for injury. That freshaman will now be an experienced sophomore and we have a highly rated freshman coming in. if you look at it from that perspective transfering makes all kinds of sense.

At one point this season he was beat out by a true freshman QB and maybe would not have gotten the job back if not for injury. That freshaman will now be an experienced sophomore and we have a highly rated freshman coming in. if you look at it from that perspective transfering makes all kinds of sense.
I don’t think anybody beat JG out...that’s the problem. JG played so inconsistent, they had to make moves. End result was always going back to JG. We don’t get to 8-5 with anybody else on our roster. BM wasn’t beating Kentucky.

I don’t think anybody beat JG out...that’s the problem. JG played so inconsistent, they had to make moves. End result was always going back to JG. We don’t get to 8-5 with anybody else on our roster. BM wasn’t beating Kentucky.
But will that inexperienced freshman who couldn’t stay healthy step up and take the job or will the 5 star freshman come in and take the job. Both of the questions have to be in the back of his mind.

Reactions: 08Vol
You implied you don't care if he transfers or not. Pretty brave thing to say anonymously on the internet about a guy who plays football for a team you root for. Sounds like a comment a hater would make, in fact.
I implied that making public statements regarding possibly leaving the team when your play has not inspired undying loyalty is possibly unwise and reason for the reaction you are seeing. I did not imply anything of the sort that you have suggested. I do not root for UT by the way. I am merely a curious observer on occasion. I am not invested to the point I could ever be considered a hater.

All true possibilities, but if I’m advising JG, I’m telling him to bet on himself.
He has to look out for himself at this point. If he does get beat out here that could be the end of his playing career vs a school like Rutgers where he is almost guaranteed to be the starter.

Reactions: 08Vol
Doubt HB would be better BEFORE the first practice. That’s why practice was invented.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
But will that inexperienced freshman who couldn’t stay healthy step up and take the job or will the 5 star freshman come in and take the job. Both of the questions have to be in the back of his mind.
Played every game this season. JG never accomplished that in high school...tho he’s much more durable since he reached the next level.

I disagree ... that's all.
You’re entitled to your opinion of course... but can you explain the wisdom of it? Guys get beat out for starting jobs all the time. Why is the bench not enough? Why do we need JG to leave the program?

VN Store

Back