Rutgers 2020 QB?

The most frustrating player is Kamara. Not because of what he did on the field, but because of what he didn’t get a chance to do as a result of Butch Jones being an all-time horrible coach.
Will we be saying the same things next years (about this season) if JT or BM start??

Reactions: cgrish
No, they just tell him hes not coming back for fabricating the story for attention. The story got national attention, if there was evidence of it we would have heard something.
Wow, now you are making baseless accusations that he's a liar? Do you JG haters have no morals? Are you seriously just going to make up some **** just to justify wanting him off the team?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I respect the kid, probably one of the toughest qbs we've had. I haven't doubted his heart for Tennessee, or giving his all. That said, outside of a few games, he's been a liability at qb. If he didn't get it by this year, he won't be any different next year. If he's here, I'll hope for the best. If he leaves, I'll wish him the best.
Exactly the way I feel.

I want him back. If he goes, he will probably have the best year ever and our offense will struggle even worse and those saying good riddance will be complaining because the coaches did not try hard enough to keep him. That is what Tennessee does. Just consider that Alabama let Hurts go and Georgia let Fields go - and who was in the playoffs ... Not those two schools.
And Ohio State let Joe Burrow go!!

Reactions: dd4vols
That prima Donna was en route to absolutely blowing the all time rushing record at Tennessee out of existence.

And then took a detour to Baylor and was turned into a wide receiver.

This is about Kamara to me. Who if, from the beginning, was given the time that Hurd was given would have been even better.

And then took a detour to Baylor and was turned into a wide receiver.

This is about Kamara to me. Who if, from the beginning, was given the time that Hurd was given would have been even better.

Sure but can you point to a game where we lost because Hurd got more touches than Kamara? I can't find any game where we lost due to the play of the running back.

The guy that could have become UTs All-Time leading rusher in 3 years??
Free country I guess....

Yeah, frustrating in that Hurd was a good maybe great football player but left Tennessee. (Arguably understandable with b.j. )

JG just hasn't played well. He has had glimpses of greatness but mostly below average. At the beginning, I tried to defend him due to a terrible 0-line. I wasn't wrong the o-line was terrible but JG struggles. I don't want to see him leave but we need better qb play.

Reactions: 08Vol
Wow, now you are making baseless accusations that he's a liar? Do you JG haters have no morals? Are you seriously just going to make up some **** just to justify wanting him off the team?
I said it was a theory, never made an accusation because that would require evidence. Obviously your ability to comprehend is well below this conversation.

Reactions: WxVol
JG isnt dumb. In my OPINION (i make a living reading verbal and non verbal signs in people) that said this is my opinion again. I believe JG is a me first player who is smart enough to garner positive attention thru the media. I saw the game and watched his face on the sideline...his face was always neutral...no emotion...typically one would show disappointment or an overabundance (forced) of support....again this is my Opinion. I have other reason to believe he is disingenuous... so flame away. I hope the man success wherever he goes. But for TN to take the next step it should be without JG

If that’s how you make a living you need additional training.

Maybe because of lack of opportunity, but I don’t see Maurer as PROVEN in any quantity. To me he’ll still be a freshman who showed something before jumping headfirst into an empty pool.

That experience is huge.

Let's say he gets beat out by Harrison.
JG leaves.

Harrison struggles against Florida, Bama, OU.
You have a QB with a different skillset with big game experience who SHOULD be a lot better with the parameters of Chaney's offense.
That can come in and give a change of pace. That would then allow Harrison to watch observe from the sideline to fix what he needed to without the pressure of "letting his team down".

If Maurer wins out, and then gets hurt....
You now have the best QB prospect we've signed since Peyton Manning coming into the game. Bailey is a 5 star imo.

You need two good QBs.

We didn't really have one this year. And I absolutely place all the blame on JG.
Being an imposter during practice...
Actually Pruitt too.

I don't think you'll see that same frantic energy from Maurer next year.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Healthy load of evidence you've got there.

ButchPlz, stop with the whole volnation is some sort of pseudo courtroom. Some of our expectations have fallen so low that we expect true freshman to come and compete in the SEC.

I don't think its outrageous to say a true freshman qb, starting in the SEC would struggle. There are exceptions but they are rare. In fact, I think throwing guys out there before they are ready does more damage than good. I.E. Nathan Peterman and Florida. Peterman never recovered at U.T.

Sure but can you point to a game where we lost because Hurd got more touches than Kamara? I can't find any game where we lost due to the play of the running back.

No, but I don’t find being the better or worse player and being the reason for a loss to be mutually exclusive.

Kamara could still be the better player even if Hurd was never responsible for a loss.

ButchPlz, stop with the whole volnation is some sort of pseudo courtroom. Some of our expectations have fallen so low that we expect true freshman to come and compete in the SEC.

I don't think its outrageous to say a true freshman qb, starting in the SEC would struggle. There are exceptions but they are rare. In fact, I think throwing guys out there before they are ready does more damage than good. I.E. Nathan Peterman and Florida. Peterman never recovered at U.T.
You ever watched Harrison Bailey play? He tore up arguably the best high school division in the nation.

This isn't some random 3-star walk on type. If he's ready, play him. There's more evidence pointing to him being ready than there is to say he'd struggle.

Besides, asking for evidence isn't creating a courtroom, you nincompoop.

That experience is huge.

JG leaves.

You have a QB with a different skillset with big game experience who SHOULD be a lot better with the parameters of Chaney's offense.
That can come in and give a change of pace. That would then allow Harrison to watch observe from the sideline to fix what he needed to without the pressure of "letting his team down".

You now have the best QB prospect we've signed since Peyton Manning coming into the game. Bailey is a 5 star imo.

You need two good QBs.

We didn't really have one this year. And I absolutely place all the blame on JG.
Actually Pruitt too.

Here is the deal. At some point, Pruitt will have to commit to one of the younger QB's like he did with JG. Pruitt will be around longer than JG will. I find it odd that every other school in the SEC can throw in a true freshman QB every few years and roll with the punches and everything be okay.

If we are going to have another 6-7 win regular season, it is better to do it playing with the future than doing it with a 5th year guy and not giving the future QB's any significant time to develop. That is essentially what we did throughout the 22 starters after a 1-4 start.

Because what happens if we start out the season poorly in 2021 because our QB's weren't ready or developed or EXPERIENCED? This place will riot worse than the Georgia State weekend.

That experience is huge.

JG leaves.

You need two good QBs.

Actually Pruitt too.

I don’t see the vast experience. He never took a game from start to finish...big step towards becoming an established starter. He’s had some snaps, witnessed elite game speed and made some big time plays. That’s an advantage but not much of a resume. He’ll have a lead on Bailey when Spring starts...not an IMPOSING lead. I merely want the best option of taking a Chaney gameplan and executing said gameplan...the rest is flutter.

Reactions: LittleVol
No, but I don’t find being the better or worse player and being the reason for a loss to be mutually exclusive.

Kamara could still be the better player even if Hurd was never responsible for a loss.
The hurd-kamara is kinda like JG-BM. Some would AK never got a true chance at UT while Hurd was here...

I agree. He’s never been as good as we wanted him to be, but people are completely nuts if they think the roster gets better when a 5th year Senior QB transfers. It’s the height of fan stupidity.

I disagree ... that's all.

Peterman redshirted the season before...true story.

Level of play is not a reason for wishing someone away. He gives his all. If he wants to stay here, the fans shouldn't wish him away. That's really dumb.

If he doesn't have it, then he doesn't have it. Doesn't mean he deserves hate.
I dont think anyone is really wishing him away. It's more that he isn't good enough for anyone to give a shiate if he wants to publicly suggest he is thinking of departing.

Reactions: DixieVol

VN Store

Back