Rumor - JT Shrout may be entering transfer portal [official per Pete Thamel]

Let me remove my UT fan hat and speak as the parent of a college football player. He should transfer. His talents are wasted with this staff. The kid is good enough to play, and not share time. I'll be a fan wherever he lands. It's a shame. I feel the same about Bailey.

This staff has bungled the QB position so badly the last two years, it's amazing they aren't all transferring.
He should go to a non power 5 or even a FCS school and show what he can do and have fun for a few years.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
There are some that fall for rumors(you) and others that have a little class(not you). I think he has a right to stay on this board as long as he wants without you inviting him to leave.
There are some(you) that apparently think I(so thankfully not you) care what others opinions of me are. News flash I don’t care what yore definition of classy or not classy is.

That's true although he may see the writing on the wall with Salter coming in next year. Bailey and Salter will be tough to beat out for the job.

I am hardly a Pruitt apologist, but it makes all the sense in the world that it is just this. HB got the majority of the snaps once they finally gave up on JG. Either he thinks he won't get a fair shake (whether actually true or not) or he thinks he can't beat out a younger player.

I am hardly a Pruitt apologist, but it makes all the sense in the world that it is just this. HB got the majority of the snaps once they finally gave up on JG. Either he thinks he won't get a fair shake (whether actually true or not) or he thinks he can't beat out a younger player.
Agree and he may think he can't beat out Salter. If he thinks he can't win the job then he needs to go. I wish him well if he does enter the transfer portal. I would love to see him stay and fight for the starting job. Competition makes everyone better.

Maurer may never play at TN since he’s involved in the recruiting benefits investigation

Shrout is likely transferring. JG transfers

Bailey is here...for now...

Shrout probably was tired of the qb choices Pruitt made this season

I was at the SC game last year when he played maybe a quarter total and did really well. Never could figure out why he didn’t get more opportunities last year and this year. Team players are great but if he has to transfer to start...more power to him.

I dont think he is afraid of Salter who imo and what i have read is 2 years away from being an impactful QB...1RS year and 1 backup...he has some mechanical throwing issues to be worked on....of course dedication by him could fix those issues

Maurer may never play at TN since he’s involved in the recruiting benefits investigation

Shrout is likely transferring. JG transfers

Bailey is here...for now...

Shrout probably was tired of the qb choices Pruitt made this season
Shrout had labrum issues. He wasn't expected to play in the FL game, but the scar tissue tore loose in pregame and they put him in. He played about as much as Bailey after JG was benched. He's got a great shot at being the starter in '21. But, I don't blame him for checking out who might want him as a starter. Lot's of starting QBs needed at high profile schools. Shrout may be good enough to start most anywhere.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I dont think he is afraid of Salter who imo and what i have read is 2 years away from being an impactful QB...1RS year and 1 backup...he has some mechanical throwing issues to be worked on....of course dedication by him could fix those issues

I don't have any faith in this staff getting a QB recruit to hit their maximum potential, as long as Weinke is in charge of the QB room.

If you think the AD cares enough about messages boards to send someone in to do “damage control,” then you’re literally insane.

How'd thumbing their nose at the message boards/fanbase work out when they tried to hire Schiano?

Asking for a friend.

Be we know that the admin tries to get complicit media members to sell things to the fan base/message boards, who's voices are heard loud and clear at UT and even more so when those fans pull funding. So let them keep on fiddling while Rome burns.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Interesting...his play definitely has in the mix for the starting job...he could probably graduate by December next year....and still have at least two years eligibility left...

but everyone has to do what they think is best or them

He needs to go to a school who can teach him a passing offense. He’s got a future if he finds the right system. It isn’t with this cast of clowns.

Maybe, or maybe Tennessee has a lot of the wrong type of coaches to develop the players. Butch proved and is Pruitt proving that recruiting doesn’t matter if the players aren’t being coached up.

Wrong. Players should be sick of losing. Leaving cause the staff that isn’t improving you is fired tells me you’re satisfied with all the perks at Tennessee but you don’t want to pay your share of the tab. All this stuff these guys get was paid from by those before them.

Well, certainly Salter will be in good hands with our current staff.

Our QB whispering/development is stunning. :rolleyes::oops:

VN Store

Back