Rumor - JT Shrout may be entering transfer portal [official per Pete Thamel]

Neither Deer Park nor anyone else has any clue about what these kids are discussing with their families. He!!, even Pruitt and Weinke don’t really know most of the time until it’s too late.

He might know other things about what is happening in the program, but his knowledge on this is limited at best.

You don't know that. If I have a choice between listening to the majority of the doomsdayers and negative nancies, I choose to listen to DeerPark

Last edited:
Negative nancies don't make it long on a football team or in team sports period. Moaning and groaning like a 5th grader doesn't get you playing time.

Bingo. He’s never said anything remotely critical of a current administration and won’t because he is too close to it. He can’t see what a joke it’s become.

What administration? He's been around a while, thru several administrations in fact.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
There is word going around JT Shout may be entering the transfer portal soon.

This would not be a good sign if it happens and then wouldn’t play in the bowl game either
I mean Salter is starting to gain a ton of traction plus HB is considered the future. U cant play all 3 fulltime so this should have been expected. BM is probably out as well.

I can’t believe y’all pay any mind to AV.
Oh come on! You don’t believe AV when he post cryptic things like “there’s a pre/post game meeting taking place with a lot of important people”? Yore not a true fan imo... Choose joy.

If you were a quarterback at Tennessee why would you stay the way Pruitt abuses quarterbacks.. If I were Mauer or Shrout
I be packing my bags now..

Let me remove my UT fan hat and speak as the parent of a college football player. He should transfer. His talents are wasted with this staff. The kid is good enough to play, and not share time. I'll be a fan wherever he lands. It's a shame. I feel the same about Bailey.

This staff has bungled the QB position so badly the last two years, it's amazing they aren't all transferring.
We have seen his talents for the last two years and they seem to be consistent with his high school numbers. Strong arm, some mobility and way too many interceptions. It will be interesting to see who shows up in the transfer portal and if Pritt makes a move there. HB will continue to improve and the true Freshman from Texas may be the real thing. However, two QBs will not be enough to make it through a season so we need at least three QBs who can take snaps. It is time for us to open up the offense and make our offense hold up their end of the game. Thirteen minutes of possession time will not win any football game.

If you were a quarterback at Tennessee why would you stay the way Pruitt abuses quarterbacks.. If I were Mauer or Shrout
I be packing my bags now..
I agree. These QBs need a coach with a loving supportive hand. Like Steve Spurrier. He was nothing but supportive of QBs and look how well they did.

We have seen his talents for the last two years and they seem to be consistent with his high school numbers. Strong arm, some mobility and way too many interceptions. It will be interesting to see who shows up in the transfer portal and if Pritt makes a move there. HB will continue to improve and the true Freshman from Texas may be the real thing. However, two QBs will not be enough to make it through a season so we need at least three QBs who can take snaps. It is time for us to open up the offense and make our offense hold up their end of the game. Thirteen minutes of possession time will not win any football game.
Totally agree. Shrout may not be the answer here, but he has proven late this year to certainly be serviceable. The problem is, I've not seen enough development of any of our QB's to be certain he's not the answer.

Literally everyone involved in the Schiano deal is no longer at UT.

Of course, contrary to popular opinion, the mass revolt of major donors was the reason that deal was killed, not a bunch of hashtags on Twitter and two dozen people standing on the front steps of the football complex.

DP, surely you jest? I was assured by someone "in the know" that it went down something like this.....

Currie: "The deal with Schiano is done! I'm glad this is all over because I'm in over my head."

Currie flunky: "Uh, Mr. Currie, we're receiving word that there's a mass revolt on the message boards led by a poster, DeezNutsVols, that seems to be gaining traction. They're threatening to burn mattresses and b!tch way more than usual, which is already considered a lot."

Currie: "Oh no, not DeezNutsVol! He has MAJOR e-cred!"

Currie flunky: "I'm afraid so sir. It has now escalated to the point where DeezNutsVol is going to pull his funding to the AD."

Currie: "But....he buys a new UT keychain and dog collar every year!!"

Currie flunky: "Sir, I hate to tell you this, but it's getting worse by the minute. Now a different poster has entered the mix...one known as 99Gator. He is inserting solid logic lightly sprinkled with pity into the conversations, and the psychological effect it's having is becoming debilitating to our fanbase, especially the faction led by DeezNutsVol."

Currie: "Wait, so now you're telling me that the Gators are beating our a$$ on message boards too?!?!"

Currie flunky: "It appears so, sir"

Currie: "THAT'S IT!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE! THE DEAL IS OFF!!! TURN THE PLANE AROUND, NOW!!!!"

Totally agree. Shrout may not be the answer here, but he has proven late this year to certainly be serviceable. The problem is, I've not seen enough development of any of our QB's to be certain he's not the answer.
Agree that we need a need QB coach or call different plays. I have noticed that, even in the NFL, QBs are holding the ball too long and throwing Ints or being sacked. In college, the teams who are winning are scoring a bunch of points and in the Pros the defenses are stopping some of the offenses. Those with the best offenses are still winning, even against good defenses.The key seems to be, the teams with the best offenses, win football games. This is a reversal of the trend 20 years ago when defenses always won the tight games. I am not saying we don't need an outstanding defense. I am saying we will not win unless we also have a really strong offense led by an outstanding QB.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Agree that we need a need QB coach or call different plays. I have noticed that, even in the NFL, QBs are holding the ball too long and throwing Ints or being sacked. In college, the teams who are winning are scoring a bunch of points and in the Pros the defenses are stopping some of the offenses. Those with the best offenses are still winning, even against good defenses.The key seems to be, the teams with the best offenses, win football games. This is a reversal of the trend 20 years ago when defenses always won the tight games. I am not saying we don't need an outstanding defense. I am saying we will not win unless we also have a really strong offense led by an outstanding QB.
The trend is college football is toward offenses. The rules favor it. We are not going to beat anyone in the SEC averaging less than 18 points per game.

Saban realized it a few years ago, and changed his focus. We hired a retreat DC, and are still stuck in the mud.

Don't have a clue what he is thinking, but Coach, Chaney and Wienke all went out of their way to split snaps these last couple of games. That cannot hurt. Not going to be surprised if lots of kids on lots of teams enter the portal, the only thing that matters is if they leave and their importance to the squad going forward. I have always liked this guy, recognized he has the arm talent, but also learning on the fly his SR year in HS meant development time was probable. His story can go a lot of different ways but I hope he stays.

DP, surely you jest? I was assured by someone "in the know" that it went down something like this.....

Currie: "The deal with Schiano is done! I'm glad this is all over because I'm in over my head."

Currie flunky: "Uh, Mr. Currie, we're receiving word that there's a mass revolt on the message boards led by a poster, DeezNutsVols, that seems to be gaining traction. They're threatening to burn mattresses and b!tch way more than usual, which is already considered a lot."

Currie: "Oh no, not DeezNutsVol! He has MAJOR e-cred!"

Currie flunky: "I'm afraid so sir. It has now escalated to the point where DeezNutsVol is going to pull his funding to the AD."

Currie: "But....he buys a new UT keychain and dog collar every year!!"

Currie flunky: "Sir, I hate to tell you this, but it's getting worse by the minute. Now a different poster has entered the mix...one known as 99Gator. He is inserting solid logic lightly sprinkled with pity into the conversations, and the psychological effect it's having is becoming debilitating to our fanbase, especially the faction led by DeezNutsVol."

Currie: "Wait, so now you're telling me that the Gators are beating our a$$ on message boards too?!?!"

Currie flunky: "It appears so, sir"

Currie: "THAT'S IT!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE! THE DEAL IS OFF!!! TURN THE PLANE AROUND, NOW!!!!"
I am sure DP has an avenue to those who make the decisions and his sources are not hearsay.

VN Store

Back