Rumor - JT Shrout may be entering transfer portal [official per Pete Thamel]

titanic2.jpg

That's a little overboard don't ya think. The Vols are no longer a Titanic program. More along the lines of a sinking sailboat.

Nega vol and sunshine pumper are thrown around in this form ridiculously, imo.
At one time or another we have all been guilty of both. After all, we are all vol fans or we would of left years ago.
Truth is in 3 areas, imo.
#1 W’s and L’s Pruitt is 16-19, enough said there.
#2 The numbers. Record for double digit losses, plus the fact we rank no so well in most team statistics.
#3 The EYE test. Our players are making too many dumb mistakes and the development is not there.

So, who is responsible for ALL of this?
Fulmer and Pruitt.
Fulmer for hiring an unproven HEAD football coach.
Pruitt for not being able to communicate, for whatever reason, what it takes to have a consistent, winning program. Be it communication problem between him and coaches (remember Dline coaching fiasco) or the players.

We all, deep down, wanted JG to succeed. Didn’t happen. Wasted a lot of time there that could of been we’ll served on others. This was pointed out earlier in the season by many.

Pruitt, has had opportunities just like every other coach in the NCAA and we know what the results are.
Time to cut our losses and move forward.
Also, for those who think we shouldn’t be making coaching changes that often, Alabama went through a few before they landed the right one, Saban, and we all know how that turned out.....
Evidently it's not quite time to cut our losses according to the administration, I guess that could change since you think it's the best course of action.

People wanted Bailey … so, enjoy the ride. Two more QBs coming in the next class right?

I've never seen a coaching staff or players make the QB position look as difficult as these guys have over the last 4 seasons. It's just stupid.

That's a little overboard don't ya think. The Vols are no longer a Titanic program. More along the lines of a sinking sailboat.
We’re only the Titanic if we count the Titanic as it is now, once great ship at the bottom of the ocean.

Reactions: VolRage
I know a couple of the players, they don't seem to believe in anything the peanut gallery believes, I think rat poison is the description of choice these days. I'm sure there are players that don't like coach Pruitt and guess what, those guys that might complain about him will never be productive here anyway regardless of who is coaching them.
You know 2 players out of 85 and extrapolate that out ?

You also know any player who doesn't like Pruitt " will never be productive here anyway". That's a classic D4H type of comment, right there.

Evidently it's not quite time to cut our losses according to the administration, I guess that could change since you think it's the best course of action.
I’m definitely not alone.
Bottom line comes down to boosters. If they’re happy, it won’t change.
If they’re not, good chance it will.

I'll take DeerParks word for it.

Neither Deer Park nor anyone else has any clue about what these kids are discussing with their families. He!!, even Pruitt and Weinke don’t really know most of the time until it’s too late.

He might know other things about what is happening in the program, but his knowledge on this is limited at best.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
People wanted Bailey … so, enjoy the ride. Two more QBs coming in the next class right?

I've never seen a coaching staff or players make the QB position look as difficult as these guys have over the last 4 seasons. It's just stupid.
It’s like the forward pass is some difficult thing to comprehend for these guys.

Neither Deer Park nor anyone else has any clue about what these kids are discussing with their families. He!!, even Pruitt and Weinke don’t really know most of the time until it’s too late.

He might know other things about what is happening in the program, but his knowledge on this is limited at best.
I guess the Vols Couch Coaches Association knows more.

Not surprising to anyone who looks beyond the scoreboard. There is a ton of young talent and it is starting to show up on the field. The fundamentals are going in the right direction.

Yes.

Nothing screams fundamentals trending in the right direction more than a team holding the ball for 44 minutes and more than doubling the number of plays run against your team as you have 2 turnovers and 6 penalties in a home game.

Not surprising....which is why I said the QB shuffle was stupid and Pruitt trying to play JT & HB these last two games the way he did was dumb..
Said those kids aren't dumb and knew Pruitt was doing that only to try and keep them from transferring

Same message board back in the SHITNO attempted hiring?!
Those 50 or so people who gathered on shiano Sunday had no say so in what was going on, Hubbs said so himself this morning. It was the politicians and higher ups around the university that rejected the hire. It was cute though I guess.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
You know 2 players out of 85 and extrapolate that out ?

You also know any player who doesn't like Pruitt " will never be productive here anyway". That's a classic D4H type of comment, right there.
Negative nancies don't make it long on a football team or in team sports period. Moaning and groaning like a 5th grader doesn't get you playing time.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Let me remove my UT fan hat and speak as the parent of a college football player. He should transfer. His talents are wasted with this staff. The kid is good enough to play, and not share time. I'll be a fan wherever he lands. It's a shame. I feel the same about Bailey.

This staff has bungled the QB position so badly the last two years, it's amazing they aren't all transferring.
I was surprised Salters parents didn't try to get him to wait before signing...
The way Pruitt has handled the QB's is a shame...if my kid was a high ranked 5/4 star looking at UT earlier...I'd want to take a wait and see at least until Feb...

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back