Rumor - JT Shrout may be entering transfer portal [official per Pete Thamel]

There is word going around JT Shout may be entering the transfer portal soon.

This would not be a good sign if it happens
Let me remove my UT fan hat and speak as the parent of a college football player. He should transfer. His talents are wasted with this staff. The kid is good enough to play, and not share time. I'll be a fan wherever he lands. It's a shame. I feel the same about Bailey.

This staff has bungled the QB position so badly the last two years, it's amazing they aren't all transferring.

I feel like this isn’t much of a rumor. Most pretty much figured it’s him or Bailey, and one of the two would enter the portal. If it’s true Shrout is going, then I would take that as the coaches have made it clear Bailey is the future unless the kid from Texas comes in and lights it up during the spring.

Now if they both enter, that’s a different story and I’d be more worried.

nothing-to-see-here-move-along.jpg

Why would he leave? He's been playing the last few weeks. He's done well at times, but also throws it to the other team at least once a game. Now if Maurer leaves, I don't blame him, but a guy with a legit opportunity to be the starting QB, that feels a little weird.

Why would he leave? He's been playing the last few weeks. He's done well at times, but also throws it to the other team at least once a game. Now if Maurer leaves, I don't blame him, but a guy with a legit opportunity to be the starting QB, that feels a little weird.
Maurer may never play at TN since he’s involved in the recruiting benefits investigation

Shrout is likely transferring. JG transfers

Bailey is here...for now...

Shrout probably was tired of the qb choices Pruitt made this season

VN Store

Back