Roe vs Wade Overturned

I guess I’m saying philosophically there is a point in the timeline where we have a real person that is more than just biological life. I believe there should be constitutional protection for that person to not be killed.

Before that point, there should be constitutional protection for a women to make a choice for what she wants.
Ok understood thanks for the response. My own view is I’d like to see Feds stay out of it all together since they tend to **** up everything they touch but you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

But I will agree with you that if they do intend to address it then a constitutional mod would be the correct means.

Not everyone in this thread agrees. Conception is the end all be all life begins, and anything after is murder. If plan B stops a fertilized egg from implanting we have just murdered somebody. Evidently this is equal to a late term abortion, because it is all “life”.

Precisely.

I guess I’m saying philosophically there is a point in the timeline where we have a real person that is more than just biological life. I believe there should be constitutional protection for that person to not be killed.

Before that point, there should be constitutional protection for a women to make a choice for what she wants.

Maybe @Gandalf can weigh in on where he will allow us to draw the line between biological life and personhood prior to birth, since neither can survive without total and complete care.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Yeah, how dare he force his moral views on you, particularly the ones where he believes murder is wrong.

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

@Bassmaster_Vol?
That’s right. Being against murder is being “holier than thou.” Oh well, guess I am

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I’m not a murderer either but I can still say that murder is evil and shouldn’t be allowed. Not hard.
You can say what you want, all holier than thou.
Look, dumb***, I did not say, "How dare you?" I said he could say whatever he wants, all holier than thou. If you don't like it, you can eat my butt sauce.

He said he believes murder is evil. You said that was "all holier than thou".

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I guess that would depend on how vigorous each state wants to push the issue
So I’m on the other side of the aisle there. If the state mandates an in person consult for an abortion procedure then I think the Feds should butt out. That in fact is a summary of the Dobbs ruling, the Feds and specifically SCOTUS over stepped.

If the state doesn’t explicitly require an in person consult for any abortion procedure then that opens up a lot of options. That seems totally idiotic to me but that’s the state in questions fault.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
Going down the rabbit hole of this debate is pointless.

What isn’t pointless is the Constitution was upheld. And the federal government got a bit smaller. Let’s keep this rolling and remove the federal government from areas that it doesn’t belong.
Yep. That is the clear takeaway away.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
So I’m on the other side of the aisle there. If the state mandates an in person consult for an abortion procedure then I think the Feds should butt out. That in fact is a summary of the Dobbs ruling, the Feds and specifically SCOTUS over stepped.

If the state doesn’t explicitly require an in person consult for any abortion procedure then that opens up a lot of options. That seems totally idiotic to me but that’s the state in questions fault.
No
We’re on the exact same page. Hence my opinion that it’s up to the states to decide, not the feds.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
The question I asked you was regarding a 30 week fetus. Obviously one who can live outside the womb. It seems you’ve now changed your mind.

So is a fetus that’s viable outside of the womb, alive if it is inside the womb?

I also hate to break it to you, but single cells are alive too.

As far as cell division after death, you apparently don’t understand death. We define someone as dead when enough cells have died off so that their heart no longer beats. Yes, other cells will continue to die after that process. They will be able to undergo division for a limited amount of time until they also die
a fetus inside the womb is not alive. Just cause it's viable to be alive doesn't mean it's alive. An unemployed person who's viable to be employed is not employed.

VN Store

Back