Roe vs Wade Overturned

Not everyone in this thread agrees. Conception is the end all be all life begins, and anything after is murder. If plan B stops a fertilized egg from implanting we have just murdered somebody. Evidently this is equal to a late term abortion, because it is all “life”.
Fair enough. It is classified as contraception by the FDA but I can respect your own feelings on it.

Edit: that was my inference but on rereading I don’t think you’re claiming plan b is abortive. Just to be clear I’m not throwing shade at you.

Calling abortion murder is like you burning down your own barn and being charged with arson.
Maybe you can answer my question: Why does the aborted baby have to be killed? Why isn't there an effort to simply remove the baby and try to maintain its survival if it is medically possible?

Reactions: Caculator
If all that were true, then you could take it out of the unwilling parent to test the hypothesis. I wonder how long it would take a fetus to stop all of those functions when you disconnect it from a living host. Of course it wouldn't survive however, so no alive.

Plus there's a difference between single cells being alive and a human being alive. A human has trillions of living things inside it before, during and after human death. Cells continue to divide in humans after they die.

The question I asked you was regarding a 30 week fetus. Obviously one who can live outside the womb. It seems you’ve now changed your mind.

So is a fetus that’s viable outside of the womb, alive if it is inside the womb?

I also hate to break it to you, but single cells are alive too.

As far as cell division after death, you apparently don’t understand death. We define someone as dead when enough cells have died off so that their heart no longer beats. Yes, other cells will continue to die after that process. They will be able to undergo division for a limited amount of time until they also die

Fair enough. It is classified as contraception by the FDA but I can respect your own feelings on it.

Edit: that was my inference but on rereading I don’t think you’re claiming plan b is abortive. Just to be clear I’m not throwing shade at you.

Right, even preventing a fertilized egg from implanting is not abortion IMO. I’ve said all along that at some point we have something needing constitutional protection. That isn’t at conception IMO despite the silly assertion it does simply because it is “life”.

Maybe you can answer my question: Why does the aborted baby have to be killed? Why isn't there an effort to simply remove the baby and try to maintain its survival if it is medically possible?
Are you suggesting planned parenthood?

Why do "murderers" get charged for two murders when they kill a pregnant women? Does that mean that it's OK for the mother to murder her baby because it's hers? Or is the person that murdered the pregnant women really only responsible for the women's murder since the fetus is not viable outside the womb? I'm confused.

Last edited:
Women's Republican health care:
metal_hanger_404_200-e1533744115285.jpg

To be clear you don’t think 15 weeks is enough time? You believe the 28 weeks established by Roe was a better option?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Right, even preventing a fertilized egg from implanting is not abortion IMO. I’ve said all along that at some point we have something needing constitutional protection. That isn’t at conception IMO despite the silly assertion it does simply because it is “life”.
Ok understood. To understand further are you asking for the constitutional protection of the not a life/life timeline crossing or constitutional protections for pro-choice? In the end it’s likely a moot question since the result is the same just trying to understand where you’re coming from.

I’d submit today there are zero constitutional protections related to any medical procedures and such governance is left to state medical boards.

All I'm asking is why does the baby need to necessarily be killed.
Exactly what planned parenthood should accomplish. A coming together of newborn and adoptive parents. Why end an innocent life and profit off the remains when all can live, love, and be loved.

You're more naïve than I thought if you don't believe that these justices didn't know what they were doing and the ramifications of taking up and overturning established law. You're being disingenuous in the conversation if you don't think the fight for SC Justices by Presidents and the Senate confirmers isn't anything but a path to legislative change.

Gloat over R v W, to the winner go the spoils - but don't embarrass yourself by acting like this isn't judicial activism.

Bad law is still bad law, whether established or not. Being right is not popular sometimes.

If you’re incapable of making logical/rational arguments on behave of your “rights” and instead rely on nonsensical bumper sticker slogans (no uterus, no opinion!) or outright lies and fear mongering (women will die from ectopic pregnancies, or a fetus isn’t alive), don’t be shocked when you lose those “rights”

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Like most other things in life, it seems thoughts, feelings and opinions on this topic follow a traditional bell-shaped curve. There are likely 2.5% of the population that believe abortion of any kind after conception is wrong. There are likely 2.5% of the population that believe a woman should be able to have that choice right up to the moment of delivery. Then 95% of the population probably lies within those two extremes.

I like to look at data. Going back to 2019, there were 3.7 million live births and 630,000 abortions. Therefore 85% of pregnancies went on to child birth. 99% of abortions were performed before 21 weeks (93% before 13 weeks). Therefore 99.9% of pregnancies that were carried past 21 weeks went on to childbirth.

When I see it like that, it seems that the country’s actual behavior regarding pregnancy, childbirth and abortion could possibly provide a guidance for what is obviously a very heated subject.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
That’s an odd stance. I’m not a murderer nor a victim of murder. I still support such laws.

So you believe it’s acceptable to kill a healthy fetus at any point during pregnancy?

I believe that it is normal to feel protective of pregnant women and averse to abortions. When I voiced that many years ago to an older woman friend, she looked at me as if I did not know what it was to be a pregnant woman. She was a church lady and told me about a friend of hers who sang in the church choir and became pregnant by a man who also sang in the choir. Those were the days before abortions were legally protected. Long story short, my old church lady's friend committed suicide. When she told me that, there was no doubt in my mind that she felt from the marrow of her soul that an abortion would have saved her friend's life.

Exactly what planned parenthood should accomplish. A coming together of newborn and adoptive parents. Why end an innocent life and profit off the remains when all can live, love, and be loved.
"should accomplish"... but that really isn't part of their agenda.

But, I don't care at this point who is involved in the process. I'm just asking why the babies have to be killed.

VN Store

Back