RIP Twitter

Trump says Elon Musk's takeover of 'Fake Twitter' is 'probably illegal' and claims the billionaire told him he'd always voted Republican in scathing post on his rival Truth Social network

Donald Trump has lashed out at Elon Musk, calling the billionaire's $44 billion Twitter takeover 'probably illegal' in a post on his own competing social media network, Truth Social.

In his post on Friday, Trump slammed Musk, claiming that he had lied when he recently said that he had previously voted Democrat but was switching his allegiance to the Republican Party.

'Gee, Elon Musk never told me that until now he only voted for Democrats. Actually, it was quite the contrary,' wrote Trump in his Truth Social post.

He continued: 'but now it seems, with all of his problems with a probably illegal purchase of a crummy phony account loaded company, Fake Twitter, he wants to be a Republican because the Dems are a 'Party of hate."

'I could have told him that a long time ago, but actually they are a Party of sickness, greed, corruption & absolute horrible policy,' added Trump. 'Good luck Elon, have fun!!!'

Trump did not explain what element of Musk's Twitter bid, which was accepted by the company's board in a legally binding contract, might be 'illegal'.

Trump says Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter is probably illegal | Daily Mail Online

Trump says Elon Musk's takeover of 'Fake Twitter' is 'probably illegal' and claims the billionaire told him he'd always voted Republican in scathing post on his rival Truth Social network

Donald Trump has lashed out at Elon Musk, calling the billionaire's $44 billion Twitter takeover 'probably illegal' in a post on his own competing social media network, Truth Social.

In his post on Friday, Trump slammed Musk, claiming that he had lied when he recently said that he had previously voted Democrat but was switching his allegiance to the Republican Party.

'Gee, Elon Musk never told me that until now he only voted for Democrats. Actually, it was quite the contrary,' wrote Trump in his Truth Social post.

He continued: 'but now it seems, with all of his problems with a probably illegal purchase of a crummy phony account loaded company, Fake Twitter, he wants to be a Republican because the Dems are a 'Party of hate."

'I could have told him that a long time ago, but actually they are a Party of sickness, greed, corruption & absolute horrible policy,' added Trump. 'Good luck Elon, have fun!!!'

Trump did not explain what element of Musk's Twitter bid, which was accepted by the company's board in a legally binding contract, might be 'illegal'.

Trump says Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter is probably illegal | Daily Mail Online

I can't read this without puckering my lips. Also, it's spelled CRUMBY.

You really hate this country don't you? People vote, elections matter, that's the way it works.
He hates this country so much he's criticizing the guy that imprisoned American citizens en masse based only on their ethnicity.

We already knew you were a hateful racist that wants people dead and lies about his job, but the further evidence is nice to see.

He's flat out said he's too rich to care, and he was on the "warpath". The guy could walk up and shoot you, then buy his way out of it. I have to wonder if the crypto crash didn't crack him a little tho?

Perhaps. But there's a lot of EV competition coming soon. With no dealerships, I can see Tesla being at a disadvantage.

Well, Rivian, which was supposed to be Tesla’s big competitor can’t seem to get any traction, much less out of the gate. Tesla has an enormous head start and a good product line up. They better hurry. Although, looking at BMW and Mercedes EV plans, I think they could make a dent.

I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to the law. I know of Judge Judy’s “4 Corners” philosophy.

I also know my company’s attorneys have spent a small fortune arguing over contracts. Maybe they are just trying to stay busy.
I know even less than that. But about 10 years ago I sat next to Judge Judy on a flight after getting an upgrade to first class. But she had no interest in conversing.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I know even less than that. But about 10 years ago I sat next to Judge Judy on a flight after getting an upgrade to first class. But she had no interest in conversing.

lpJFIb.gif

Awwww, does the OG billionaire egomaniac need attention?

Reactions: AshG
So there’s no actual penalty for breaking the Texas law but there’s this. This one will be upheld at SCOTUS.

“The law does not provide any specific civil penalties for breaking the law, besides allowing users to sue to recuperate their court costs from the company found in violation. The law also empowers the attorney general to pursue violations.”

Texas is its own sort of crazy. I have many friends there, several staunchly conservative, and they almost all think their state legislature is wacko.
So, what do your "friends" think is wacko about the TX legislature? They only meet every other year and only for a few months then.

VN Store

Back