RIP Roger, long time Vol fan and caller

Jimmy? It was Basillio and his fan base that poured out live and support for Roger. You can’t imagine what these guys did for him.

Tony would give him a hard time about him and Jimmy. Roger would never bash jimmy or Fulmer. Tony did a lot for that guy. Can't remember how many birthday parties Tony threw for Roger. I met him at Calhoun last year. So sad

I don't listen to any of the outlets mentioned, but based on all the sorrow expressed here, he must have truly been a wonderful human being. Sounds like he had the love of God in his heart for his fellow man. He has achieved something that we all should aspire to, being with our Heavenly Father for eternity, never to suffer again, and in the presence of Jesus.

Rest in Heaven Roger.
He had some kind of obvious disability that came through in his speech. A preacher once told me in regards to those like Roger, that they are the only people who will ever truly know real joy. I believe that came through in his calls too.

A scheduled guest (Jerry Palm) is on deck, so reminiscing about Roger is going to be paused for most of the upcoming segment. Just in case anybody tunes in right now.

Roger Davis might have been the most beloved person on Knoxville radio.
Roger, Small Mike, and Titans Bill are on that Mount Rushmore.

I’d definitely remove the Cattleman (SM) and add TR. TR can be ornery, but you got to love that Vol passion. Bill is a character as well. Small Mike is abrasive and small minded. He’s actually banned from all of the Knoxville stations.

Last edited:
Consider yourself blessed if you were ever in the same room as Roger.

Double blessed if you were around him when he watched a game.

His smile was proof there is more to this world than we understand.

No matter what you do, find the time to listen to Basilio's show today. Find the podcast. It will warm your heart.

Heather just reminisced a great Roger memory. She and Jeff Jacoby got into a really toxic fight on the air (Doc, Jeff, and Heather). Doc kicked them out of the studio as it was so bad. Roger was on hold and was the caller immediately after that epic fight. He was speechless.

Ill say this. I work for the cable company and did an install at this ladies house one time and my work van had 4 UT athletes on it. A man came out talking about the van and as soon as I heard him talk I asked is your name Roger? He was so thrilled I recognized his voice. His grandmother said yes Roger loves everything Tennessee or something to that effect. I felt it.

Last edited:
I’d definitely remove the Cattleman (SM) and add TR. TR can be ornery, but you got to love that Vol passion. Bill is a character as well. Small Mike is abrasive and small minded. He’s actually banned from all of the Knoxville stations.

Cattlemen couldn't let the past go, he was a broken record when talking about filmed and kiffen.

Steve is another good one. He calls the Sports Animal. I'd like to have watched a TN football game with him and Roger..... and Brent Hubbs. They wore Brent out over recruiting 🤣. That would have been awesome.

Hey fellas.
Ha ha ha.
Well ok

Last edited:
That’s a good 4th. Coalfield Herman is another. Doc never sounded too interested in his garden.
I forgot about Coalfield Herman. He was a good one too. I liked listening to Doc and Jeff in the mornings but I stopped shortly after Heather joined. Small Mike was a punk

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Co-sign on all points.

Reactions: badkarma

VN Store

Back