RIP Roger, long time Vol fan and caller

Say what you want about Jimmy Hyams, but he would have all the patience in the world with Roger and his difficulty communicating. I mean he'd call in almost daily at times
Jimmy? It was Basillio and his fan base that poured out live and support for Roger. You can’t imagine what these guys did for him.

Jimmy? It was Basillio and his fan base that poured out live and support for Roger. You can’t imagine what these guys did for him.
For sure(though it's possible 990 guys did things for Roger I am not aware of), and I think Russell Smith and his crew did too. I know Basilio and listeners went big for Roger's bday a couple months ago. It was beautiful.

Had Roger been sick for a while? Knew I hadn’t heard him on Basilio lately

It was recent, from what I hear. Roger called in last Monday or Tuesday last week. I don't listen all the time, but I remember him asking Tony about his Eagles losing and it was pretty funny. He meant no harm, but Tony wasn't ready to talk about it and Roger kept asking questions about it.

Sad news indeed! I never met Roger but his sweet nature and unrelenting positive attitude always stood out to me.

Does anyone know the cause of death? This seemed to hit him suddenly didn't it?

This brought tears to my eyes. So sad, always respected how Hyams and other radio hosts showed patience and respect to him when he would call.

I’m happy Roger got to experience these last few wonderful seasons of football, basketball, and baseball. We don’t know how fortunate we are to be Vol fans, it’s such a wonderful family. His calls will be missed.

I don't listen to any of the outlets mentioned, but based on all the sorrow expressed here, he must have truly been a wonderful human being. Sounds like he had the love of God in his heart for his fellow man. He has achieved something that we all should aspire to, being with our Heavenly Father for eternity, never to suffer again, and in the presence of Jesus.

Rest in Heaven Roger.

VN Store

Back