RIP Roger, long time Vol fan and caller

Roger embodied all the good things about being a sports fan. Just pure positivity. I hadn't heard him call into a show in a while and was wondering if something was wrong. This news hit me hard and I never met the guy. The world would be a better place if we we're all a little more like Roger.

Edit: Looks like he had been calling into shows recently but I just missed his calls. Sounds like the downturn in his health was fairly recent.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Jimmy Hyams, but he would have all the patience in the world with Roger and his difficulty communicating. I mean he'd call in almost daily at times
I agree 100%. Those guys were always so kind to him. One reason why I hate to see people throw off on Jimmy and the rest of the terrestrial radio fellas. You don’t see that type of kindness a lot.

I only knew Roger from sports radio but he left a great impression on me as a wonderful Christian and Vol fan. He always stayed positive even during some really dark times at UT. I loved hearing stories of his interactions with other Vol fans in the community. We should all follow Roger’s example on faith, fandom, and friendship. I hope a member of his family, church members, or friends read this and the other posts so they know what a mark he left on complete strangers. The best Vol fan is with his Lord tonight.

VN Store

Back