Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

Oh, you mean he would be the head coach or something? , and Bob Stoops wouldn't be on the ADs @@@ like a dingleberry? I think you got my point and act as if I meant he was going back as Offensive Coordinator. I ignore how you ignored my logic of the same people in charge there that fired him are still there and simply agree with you that he would be running the program there. Honestly tho, we don't need to argue over HYPEotheticals. We both know now that coach isn't going anywhere.

Many speculate that Stoops will ultimately be the AD at OU. Whether that happens or not, his word still holds a ton of sway, and he's had an office in the building this entire time. I mean, he's coaching the team right now, in true Barry Alvarez fashion, so he's still got a lot of influence.

Reactions: volinvegas
Oh, you mean he would be the head coach or something? , and Bob Stoops wouldn't be on the ADs @@@ like a dingleberry? I think you got my point and act as if I meant he was going back as Offensive Coordinator. I ignore how you ignored my logic of the same people in charge there that fired him are still there and simply agree with you that he would be running the program there. Honestly tho, we don't need to argue over HYPEotheticals. We both know now that coach isn't going anywhere.

The head football coach runs the program. Heupel would make that clear if he ever entertained going back. He’d be an idiot to not make that clear. You took my comment and implied that Heupel would be an idiot and not demand full control of the program he is the head coach of as a condition for going back to Norman

Didn't feel like going thru all the previous so I apologize if this already appeared. ESPN reports that Mark Stoops contract extended thru the 2027 season. Perhaps since Bob Stoops has already decided to Coach the Sooners in the bowl game he may decide to continue coaching them for a couple years. Since he fired CJH I really don't see how he will be given a lot of consideration for the Sooner HC job this time around.

So serious question. Is there anyone that thinks Heupel is even entertaining the idea of going to OU?
I wouldn’t say that, but I’m not sure that he isn’t either. Stoops signed an extension. If Venables says no, they will call and he would listen.

And I know this isn’t what YOU are saying but the idea that OU would never get down to Heupel on their list is absurd. Now that they are joining the SEC, that job is no more attractive than Tennessee. In fact, I’d say the UT job is better because we have better recruiting grounds. OU isn’t a top 10 job anymore. They’re going to get further down their list than they’d like and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Heupel is higher on their list than Venables. He was higher on ours wasn’t he? And he’s proven to be as good or better than we thought he’d be, so why wouldn’t he be higher on OU’s list as well? It’s not far fetched at all.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Didn't feel like going thru all the previous so I apologize if this already appeared. ESPN reports that Mark Stoops contract extended thru the 2027 season. Perhaps since Bob Stoops has already decided to Coach the Sooners in the bowl game he may decide to continue coaching them for a couple years. Since he fired CJH I really don't see how he will be given a lot of consideration for the Sooner HC job this time around.
A $7M peace offering would go a long way.

Reactions: lostsheep
I heard somewhere Oklahoma might be targeting Mike Leach. Either way I don’t see Hype getting a call as long as Stoops is involved.

Watching the DVR of the Josh Heupel Show now. This guy is actually VERY smart. He knows he has everything he needs ( and more ) at Tennessee. The guy is 43. I'm thinking Fulmer was in the ball park, maybe 42, when he got it. Phil was close to surpassing General Neyland's win record, by 21 maybe? CJH fully understands the opportunity of a lifetime he has been bestowed. I wouldn't be surprised if our grandchildren spoke of CJH in the same regards of General Neyland, The Bear, Saban and give Joe Pa and Papa Bowden some cred too. Anyone ever heard about the "Hills of Oklahoma?"

The head football coach runs the program. Heupel would make that clear if he ever entertained going back. He’d be an idiot to not make that clear. You took my comment and implied that Heupel would be an idiot and not demand full control of the program he is the head coach of as a condition for going back to Norman
Your either overthinking this or just trolling me. I never implied Hype would go back as anything less than Head Coach, and thought it was safe to assume that when talking about him going back to his old job, NOT his old position. The way your twisting my words, and putting words in my mouth about me "implying " our coach would be an idiot, is kinda idiotic in itself. You never even acknowledged my original point that there's simply too much bad blood for him to go back and yes work under the head coach that fired him, BEING the head coach! I would be like a former NC winning head coach being the AD now, out on the practice field with the current first year coach, out there "helping" and "advising" but not actually "coaching". This may sound very familiar to you from recent events if your an actual Vols fan. Now would you think so and so would come back to that? Or are you clueless as to what im talking about? Well JMSqb11 from Washington DC, are you also trolling your constituents? I do like your black and white pic from the good old days, so there's a clue for ya. Now let's go Brandon!

Many speculate that Stoops will ultimately be the AD at OU. Whether that happens or not, his word still holds a ton of sway, and he's had an office in the building this entire time. I mean, he's coaching the team right now, in true Barry Alvarez fashion, so he's still got a lot of influence.
My point exactly, too much bad blood for Hype to go back, under Stoops, even if there was some heavy money and apologizing done. I may go too far with this next comment, but it would be like Pruitt coming back, under Fulmer again, and expecting nothing bad to happen again. I'm not badmouthing anyone either, just pointing out thats how ridiculous it would be for Hype to go back there.

Reactions: RhodesVol

wwe-what.gif

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
My point exactly, too much bad blood for Hype to go back, under Stoops, even if there was some heavy money and apologizing done. I may go too far with this next comment, but it would be like Pruitt coming back, under Fulmer again, and expecting nothing bad to happen again. I'm not badmouthing anyone either, just pointing out thats how ridiculous it would be for Hype to go back there.
That's why he doesn't imo, especially with OK coming to the SEC. TN is the better choice unless OK offers him a crazy contract and White refuses an extension.

Your either overthinking this or just trolling me. I never implied Hype would go back as anything less than Head Coach, and thought it was safe to assume that when talking about him going back to his old job, NOT his old position. The way your twisting my words, and putting words in my mouth about me "implying " our coach would be an idiot, is kinda idiotic in itself. You never even acknowledged my original point that there's simply too much bad blood for him to go back and yes work under the head coach that fired him, BEING the head coach! I would be like a former NC winning head coach being the AD now, out on the practice field with the current first year coach, out there "helping" and "advising" but not actually "coaching". This may sound very familiar to you from recent events if your an actual Vols fan. Now would you think so and so would come back to that? Or are you clueless as to what im talking about? Well JMSqb11 from Washington DC, are you also trolling your constituents? I do like your black and white pic from the good old days, so there's a clue for ya. Now let's go Brandon!

There isn’t bad blood though. Stoops fired him and he ain’t in love with Stoops. Stoops’ handpicked replacement just left high and dry. Stoops will have a minimal say in the search and next coach. You are acting like the next coach at OU will have report and kiss the ring of Bob Stoops. That ain’t factual

There isn’t bad blood though. Stoops fired him and he ain’t in love with Stoops. Stoops’ handpicked replacement just left high and dry. Stoops will have a minimal say in the search and next coach. You are acting like the next coach at OU will have report and kiss the ring of Bob Stoops. That ain’t factual
When the guy (Bob Stoops) is sitting in the room as the Oklahoma University leadership discusses what to do in response to Lincoln Riley's departure, and so is immediately available to be asked, "would you step in as temporary coach?" and immediately says, "sure, I'll do anything needed for this university"... well, I'm no Oklahoma insider, but that sure makes it sound like Stoops will have considerable say in the conversation about who Oklahoma's next head coach will be. Sounds like he's a full-fledged member of the board/council/whatever they call it there. That's what it sounds like to me.

Is this your attempts at being a fake insider again? You don't have the first clue as to what Oklahoma or Heupel is thinking, quit pretending you do.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
When the guy (Bob Stoops) is sitting in the room as the Oklahoma University leadership discusses what to do in response to Lincoln Riley's departure, and so is immediately available to be asked, "would you step in as temporary coach?" and immediately says, "sure, I'll do anything needed for this university"... well, I'm no Oklahoma insider, but that sure makes it sound like Stoops will have considerable say in the conversation about who Oklahoma's next head coach will be. Sounds like he's a full-fledged member of the board/council/whatever they call it there. That's what it sounds like to me.
I heard somewhere, and it could be BS, that Stoops is backing Mike Leach. Now I’m the biggest Leach fan out there, but I wouldn’t hire him at Oklahoma. If it’s true that Stoops wants Leach, we’ll see how much sway he has. Because I don’t see that happening.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back