Regional Hosting Sites, NCAA Selection Thoughts and Projections

From Boydsworld.com he has prepared the ISR-Based probabilities for upcoming NCAA

ISR-Based Probabilities for 2022 NCAA Tournament

Tennessee (#1 seed)
88.6% chance to win region
80.4% chance to win Super Region
46.3% chance to make final series (final 2)
29.3% chance of winning title

Oregon State (#3 seed)

Stanford (#2 seed)

North Carolina (#10)

Florida (#13)

Texas (#9)

Louisville (#12)

Virginia Tech (#4)

Texas A&M (#5)

Oklahoma State (#7)

The best odds for non-hosting teams
Vanderbilt

LSU

Those win-it-all % are better than host teams GSU, ECU, and Maryland.

Host teams with less than a 50% chance to win their region
GSU 40.4 and Maryland 42.6. Both are favorites but

#2 seed with best odds to win series
Gonzaga 41.2 (VT); Notre Dame 34.9% (GSU); Wake Forest 38.7 (MD); LSU 37.0 (USM)

#3 seed
Florida State 25.1 (AU); TX Tech 22.0 (GSU); Ole Miss 20.7 (Miami); Coastal Carolina 19.3 (ECU)

The #4 seed with best chance to win region.
SEMO 3.4% (Louisville); Oral Roberts 3.12 (aTm); UNCG 2.7% (GSU) and Central Michigan 2.2 (Fla)

It will definitely be interesting to see who we throw against Alabama State. Beam wouldn’t be a bad choice. If you win that game with Beam, you’re golden on arms, but I have a feeling Blade will get the ball on Friday.

I think Tony deliberately stacked the starters for Hoover in anticipation of the regional, and all starters will go in that same order, each with an extra day's rest from their normal 7 day routine.

I think Tony deliberately stacked the starters for Hoover in anticipation of the regional, and all starters will go in that same order, each with an extra day's rest from their normal 7 day routine.
You are also playing to win Hoover. You are also getting your rotation ready for the tournament. I even think they stayed on the road this past week MSU series and SEC Tournament to simulate being non the road for 2 weeks in Omaha. They team will be ready for all situations. Nothing will feel that terribly new. Wicked preparations if you ask me.

GT fan here.

We got absolutely hosed being put in you guys regional. You guys are easily the best in the nation and we should be better than the worst 2.

We have an elite offense.

Second best batting average as a team in the nation.

Kevin Parada is our stud. He's our catcher. 2nd most HRs in the nation. 3rd most RBI in the nation.

Chandler Simpson is one of the fastest players in the nation and leads the NCAA in batting average.

We have several studs on offense.

As good as our hitting is, our pitching is just as bad or worse.

Will be great to see your pitching vs our offense.

If we do somehow manage to explode on offense, our pitching will choke. Always does. We have to score at least 10 runs to have a chance.
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of respect for GA Tech. We can agree with your sentiments towards UGA.

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of respect for GA Tech. We can agree with your sentiments towards UGA.

Enemy of my enemy if my friend, so I have always had a soft spot for you guys.

Last regional I wanted to be put in, but hey if youre going to win it you have to beat the best at some point.

I hope we make it past Campbell to face you guys because it would be a matchup of two of the best offenses in the nation.

Enemy of my enemy if my friend, so I have always had a soft spot for you guys.

Last regional I wanted to be put in, but hey if youre going to win it you have to beat the best at some point.

I hope we make it past Campbell to face you guys because it would be a matchup of two of the best offenses in the nation.
Would be a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
giphy.gif

Reactions: MAD
Broken down further:

Regional foes:
3DBCB930-6025-4F61-B336-BC8704F79555.jpeg

Potential Super Region:
B199A410-8001-4ADB-931F-A8366C39F7FC.jpeg

Potential preliminary College World Series foes:
9D161081-3C76-4DD1-A5B1-474E886CD243.jpeg

Potential College World Series Final Opponents:

7F1D7244-7251-4140-BAEB-CE205F895BC8.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
GT fan here.

We got absolutely hosed being put in you guys regional. You guys are easily the best in the nation and we should be better than the worst 2.

We have an elite offense.

Second best batting average as a team in the nation.

Kevin Parada is our stud. He's our catcher. 2nd most HRs in the nation. 3rd most RBI in the nation.

Chandler Simpson is one of the fastest players in the nation and leads the NCAA in batting average.

We have several studs on offense.

As good as our hitting is, our pitching is just as bad or worse.

Will be great to see your pitching vs our offense.

If we do somehow manage to explode on offense, our pitching will choke. Always does. We have to score at least 10 runs to have a chance.

Does Parada have another year left?

Asking for a friend.

Here’s the way I look at it:

Their offense is their strength and it’s a good one; ours is better. Our pitching is not just better, it’s opposite ends of the spectrum. Our defense is 7th in the nation; they’re 165th.

VT is the best pitching staff they faced in terms of ERA, and they’re 23rd in the nation and surrender 1.7 more runs per game than we do; that easily can make a difference in a W & L.
Regardless, there’s gonna be plenty of bombs hit this weekend in LNS!
Just hope we hit more than our opponents.
This may be the kiss of death, especially coming from me...
After looking at this thing rationally, we roll in the Knoxville regional and host a super next weekend!
GBO!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back