Regional Hosting Sites, NCAA Selection Thoughts and Projections

Honestly I wouldn't worry about a guy like that. The guys we have trouble with are those little junk ballers with no velo. They scare me way more.
I wouldn't say scared, but your point is well taken. Memories of that little guy at Smokies Park...and the 1st four innings yesterday.

It’s funny that people complain about mid-majors never getting the chance to make noise in the post-season in basketball as an at-large, and then the baseball selection committee puts in quite a few mid-majors as at-large bids and all the media can do is complain about NC State and Rutgers not getting in.

Sounds like the committee did a fine job. IMO.

My only complaint is Dallas Baptist.
Their was little talk about RPI until he discussed DBU and admitted it was too high to ignore.
DBU played a lot of the non-conf schedule in midweek again midweek pitchers.
They did not win enough on weekends to get in.
They played numbers game better than they played baseball
That’s a very good point, about the “strength” of their mid-week, OOC wins on paper. Fools gold.

Honestly, I think this explanation makes sense. Media will be mad that NC State didn’t make it in, but the spokesman for the committee has at least compelling data points.

Selection and seeding is always going to be a little funny when left up to humans, as Tennessee basketball learned two months ago. Unfortunately, the only “solution” is to win more games.

It will definitely be interesting to see who we throw against Alabama State. Beam wouldn’t be a bad choice. If you win that game with Beam, you’re golden on arms, but I have a feeling Blade will get the ball on Friday.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
These are GT fans thoughts, sorry had to black out some language

View attachment 459769
ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back