'22 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

Saw a post that stated "great coaches don't get beat like this" I have to admit, it's got me thinking.........

I'm not out on Huepel but I can't help but feel there's truth in that.

Saw a post that stated "great coaches don't get beat like this" I have to admit, it's got me thinking.........

Saban lost to ULM his first season… Lost by 2 scores to an average UF team his national championship season at Lsu, lost by 2 TD’s @ Scar in 2010 as the #1 team

Meyer got blown out by a below average Iowa team in 2017. These are just off the top of my head from 2 of the greatest coaches ever.

The loss hurts and it sucks and got outcoached. But this loss doesn’t mean Huep can’t be good

The offense scored 7, 7 until garbage time. If it cant hit the "layups" as Kirby called them it gets stagnant and shuts down. The offense has to be more consistent.
And no, dont fire him yet, just be ready to when the time comes, Heup will win 9-10 but hes not gonna win a championship.
What Kirby said is code for "foul every play because they won't be called." It's not a defensive alignment or coverage. And it is a problem.

So the rumors about discipline with Heupel are true? How do you not get banks in line for two more damn games? You cost yourself the playoff and maybe the team the way they looked tonight.
Well, if it erupted suddenly that would be a reason. No one has seemed more bought in all year on the field than J Banks. Idk. I just know "maybe an elbow" (AP's comment) was too strange not to likely mean that something was up.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
Uhhh…Memphis? Duke? Army? Kentucky? Vandy?

Recency bias.
I notice the people who are being responded to are on ignore. That means they have long been a cancer imo. Some of them may even be concern trolls. It's uncanny how many people are responding to air. It doesn't often happen like this with all these ignored posters.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Not sure what happened with our guys tonight but this one hurts, a lot. A lot went wrong, huge let down. With so much on the line, this one upset me as much as any I remember, but I'm in my 30s so I wasn't as crazy about it in 2001 for LSU. Sun will still rise tomorrow and I'll enjoy my day and try to put this one behind me. I've told myself in the past I need to step back from it to where games don't affect my mood as much, but I can't help it. I hope we finish strong, and hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Saban lost to ULM his first season… Lost by 2 scores to an average UF team his national championship season at Lsu, lost by 2 TD’s @ Scar in 2010 as the #1 team

Meyer got blown out by a below average Iowa team in 2017. These are just off the top of my head from 2 of the greatest coaches ever.

The loss hurts and it sucks and got outcoached. But this loss doesn’t mean Huep can’t be good
I hope your right. And I'm not trying to argue but did any of those coaches get rolled like this by a team that struggled to score against everyone else in their conference?

I hope your right. And I'm not trying to argue but did any of those coaches get rolled like this by a team that struggled to score against everyone else in their conference?
The 2017 Iowa team scored 55 on Urban. They typically scored in the 10’s but did have a few good offensive performances

I’m not saying Huep is great… this loss definitely waves some red flags, but I don’t think the statement “great coaches don’t lose games like this” is accurate, especially factoring it in being year two and what he inherited

Reactions: berryvol and KB5252
Well. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say somebody should probably be fired over this one.

I think Banks made the most sense considering the entire defense outside of the D-line has been suspect all year.

But his replacement will probably also be a DIE hire... so who knows if they want to go down that road.

Willie might be dunzo if somebody gets scape goated for this one.
I’m not sure if there are a pair of coaches in America that could be worse than Banks and Martinez

Would you consider Urban Meyer a great college coach? How about Spurrier?

From dynasty in a bottle to worst defense in 129 years in the blink of an eye. NIL sucks. I hoped the Vols would roll Carolina. I now hope some semblance of stability can be restored to the team. While I am prone to some opinions about our prospects for now I will be quiet and watch. I will hope for the best. Been a season for the ages. Go Vols.

Don't know why Banks wasn't there but the team looked fractured. I want to think if he made the trip and was injured on the first play they would have rallied.
Something happened and they as a group pissed it away.

Dabo gave up 70 in a bowl game…. I would take what they have accomplished as well.

VN Store

Back