'22 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

Way more talent.
but... there’s enough talent on this field to beat South Carolina. today was the first time in two years that it felt like we were watching a Butch Jones/Derek Dooley/Jeremy Pruitt led team

Did you forget the Purdue game?

And USC is 20th in team talent. Our defense got out coached and out played. Heupel will have to own that since he’s the head coach. But it’s still year 2 and we’ve won more games than I expected.

We gotta get better on the road, and we gotta get better on defense.

So fire him
What The **** man
The defense is the problem
No speed in the back 7
The offense scored 7, 7 until garbage time. If it cant hit the "layups" as Kirby called them it gets stagnant and shuts down. The offense has to be more consistent.
And no, dont fire him yet, just be ready to when the time comes, Heup will win 9-10 but hes not gonna win a championship.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I've been warning all year that this was coming (maybe not this bad). Banks is not a SEC level DC. We've been winning by outscoring teams. We absolutely need a new DC. If not, we could have the best players in college football and we'd lose games.

All in all it's been a good year. It hurts when you taste greatness and it's yanked from beneath you. Got to beat Vandy which won't be easy with this defense, especially without hooker. I suspect he's done.
absolutely. you cannot win in this conference playing big12 football. sooner or later it will catch up to you and tonight it caught up to us.

still a very good year and a real chance to go 11-2. I'll take that after the last 12 years of garbage we've seen.

For what
Offense scored 38 points, yeah they could’ve done better but **** happens
Defense gave up a million points
Defensive coaches need to take the blame
Absolutely. Championship football cannot be built on needing to score 50 a game. Simply won't happen. We'll find out soon if Heupel has the stones to be one of the greats. Hopefully he's already gone to Danny White and has been planning to upgrade over Banks. If he hasn't, he won't keep up with the Saban and Smart.

Reactions: StoVol
Supposedly banks was out because him and hooker got into it during practice… heard it on the talkin vawls post game video

Where was our blitzes and stunts? Why didn't we drop to max dbs and make them run with their backup rbs?

I'd be fired quick. I'd be pulling some of those guys out so fast they'd get whiplash.

I've been warning all year that this was coming (maybe not this bad). Banks is not a SEC level DC. We've been winning by outscoring teams. We absolutely need a new DC. If not, we could have the best players in college football and we'd lose games.

All in all it's been a good year. It hurts when you taste greatness and it's yanked from beneath you. Got to beat Vandy which won't be easy with this defense, especially without hooker. I suspect he's done.
I have to finally agree...this was absolutely inexcusable incompetence from the defensive staff. I am now firmly on board with keel hauling Banks and Martinez....post haste. They shouldn't get paid for this garbage.

He does, our talent level on defense is middling at best

I mean which teams would omari thomas start at in this conference, hes good but not elite, we dont have one elite player on our defense

Secondary talent is really bad tho
And no pass rush
Our ends are slow

Really our whole defense is slow
It’s bad

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back