'22 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

We scored f'n 38 points...do you understand that?
Yes, I'm not critiquing the offense, I'm saying that's how you slow it down. Then with a defense like we have you can outscore us. You should win every game in which you score 38. With a respectable defense you will most of the time. My point was we can't rely of the offense to score 60 every game.

In perspective, 9-2 with wins over Florida and Alabama is fantastic for year 2. Especially when you think about what we were 2 years ago.

I'm mad right now but we win next week and we are where I thought we would be preseason...10-2. (I never dreamed 1 of the losses would be to USCjr)

Rattler had the game of his life. Their o-line held every play without a flag. Their field is absolute trash.

Jeremy Banks not playing was huge tonight. Hadden needs to shut up.

I'm still totally on board with Heupel and believe he'll have us in the playoffs/SEC championship game next year.

It was a wild day for all of college football and we got beat by a lesser team that played like they were the best team in the country.

Other than LSU, we have not played well on the road. That's all on the coaches.

I hope Hooker is ok. I don't want that to be how his career ends at UT.

The first half of last week carried over into this entire game.

1) non existent pass rush, we lost the line of scrimmage on defense most of this game. That was a bad o line, not sure what to make of that.

2) defense backs can't play man and press coverage.

3) defense overall has had exactly one very good game (Kentucky) they were not good at all last week and honestly looked like they gave up and we're just going through the motions through most of the game.

4) this defense does not play well together. Honestly I've been back and forth on Banks all year but to let one of the more challenged pass offenses hang 60 on you or isn't really even a decision any more. You have to go, it's over.....

5) the offense struggled during stretches of this game. Hooker was not on his game today. It happens even to the best, just a horrible night to be off with the defense being extra generous tonight.

6) if the rumors of division in this locker room are true Huepel has some work to do.

7) Next week becomes very important. You can still sell this as good season...... Lose to Vandy next week and narrative completely flips on you.

8) really sucks having a historic season with an opportunity to win a playoff birth only to lose in the home stretch to a team you were supposed to be more talented than. This one really hurts, in many different ways.

9) did we just get out coached and out executed tonight?

Yes, I'm not critiquing the offense, I'm saying that's how you slow it down. Then with a defense like we have you can outscore us. You should win every game in which you score 38. With a respectable defense you will most of the time. My point was we can't rely of the offense to score 60 every game.
Ok..got you.

At the risk of overreacting I’ll say this- that was a program-killer game. All TN had to do was handle 2 average/poor teams and they’re in the playoffs. Maybe a slight step back next year (10-2) and compete for a championship with Nico.

Mark this down- TN goes 7-5 next year. Typical blowout losses to FL and Bama and of course GA where we look like we don’t belong on the field. Same old TN. Heupel gone after 2024.

TN missed its chance to get it back. To finally return to prominence. To S. Carolina. By 25 points. Unreal.

At the risk of overreacting I’ll say this- that was a program-killer game. All TN had to do was handle 2 average/poor teams and they’re in the playoffs. Maybe a slight step back next year (10-2) and compete for a championship with Nico.

Mark this down- TN goes 7-5 next year. Typical blowout losses to FL and Bama and of course GA where we look like we don’t belong on the field. Same old TN. Heupel gone after 2024.

TN missed its chance to get it back. To finally return to prominence. To S. Carolina. By 25 points. Unreal.
You called it right away. This was an overreaction.

Lol shut up

Reactions: Billy Antrim
In perspective, 9-2 with wins over Florida and Alabama is fantastic for year 2. Especially when you think about what we were 2 years ago.

I'm mad right now but we win next week and we are where I thought we would be preseason...10-2. (I never dreamed 1 of the losses would be to USCjr)

Rattler had the game of his life. Their o-line held every play without a flag. Their field is absolute trash.

Jeremy Banks not playing was huge tonight. Hadden needs to shut up.

I'm still totally on board with Heupel and believe he'll have us in the playoffs/SEC championship game next year.

It was a wild day for all of college football and we got beat by a lesser team that played like they were the best team in the country.

Other than LSU, we have not played well on the road. That's all on the coaches.

I hope Hooker is ok. I don't want that to be how his career ends at UT.

Milton consistently throws a ball that can’t be caught. He’s not the guy. Putting it all on Nico next year…not good.

You began that with "At the risk of overreacting"? That's not a risk. It's a full on-target nuke strike of an overreaction.

VN Store

Back