'22 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

Just stop. Yes we do. The walk on plays better than him. Just like how you said Turnage wasn’t good and coaches didn’t like him. Well he turned out to be one of our better DBs but our coaches wouldn’t play him until we had to. Some times you just have to say this isn’t working and mix it all up
That wasn’t me saying it…. That was the practice reports saying it…they said turnage was way down the depth chart… out of position… having difficulty grasping things… we put him in when we HAD too…. He went in for one play…. Was burnt by 30 yds and pulled right off the field…. They started playing him when injuries mounted…he did play decent when he got this new opportunity… struggled a lot tonight before his injury though…. As for the walk on…. He is our emergency DB…. Do you think they really want to go to war with that guy? He has played great for a walk on though but he is not in the rotation until we have to use him.

This just expedited the defensive overturn… wasn’t sold on the banks firing, wanted Martinez gone from the moment he was announced. But maybe Banks too.

Hepel has to shoulder responsibility here. This wasn't an Xs and Os problem. It was a cavalier team that thought they could walk in here and half-ass against a bad team. Played soft and disinterested with everything on the line. The staff didn't have them ready.

He needs to hire a DC with some fire. His calm nature is good for what he does, but I think he has to find a DC that is a bit of a Yang to his Ying.

Still, 9-2 in Year 2 is big. We’re ahead of schedule on the rebuild. Just hope next season we don’t see a step back if Milton can’t be consistent like Hendo was.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Yeah. . . the coach who took a trash roster to a #1 ranking and playoff discussion in year 2. Fire his ass, ama right?
No ****, we’re 9-2 CJH is fine
This was a team loss
The orange helmets sucked
The oline sucked
The defense was an embarrassment
We got away from the run game
Defense was bad
Hooker locks onto Tillman way too much sometimes
Defense was atrocious
Number 2, 5 and 1 need to ride the bench
Defense was terrible
CWM sucks and tim banks had a terrible gameplan which I say fire him but he doesn’t have any defensive speed
I wish we would change safety’s and I think that would help a ton

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I definitely have my doubts on Huepel now
1Rb3Wo.gif

Like I get the BVS, been a fan for awhile.

But Jesus Christ we climbed to #1 for the first time in 2 decades, just enjoy a fun offense and great year 2 playing with a roster that still needs more talent.
For real. This night sucks but does anyone remember three years ago… get a new defensive staff minus Garner and start again… this offense isn’t going anywhere.

I've been warning all year that this was coming (maybe not this bad). Banks is not a SEC level DC. We've been winning by outscoring teams. We absolutely need a new DC. If not, we could have the best players in college football and we'd lose games.

All in all it's been a good year. It hurts when you taste greatness and it's yanked from beneath you. Got to beat Vandy which won't be easy with this defense, especially without hooker. I suspect he's done.

No...I feel it in my bones....this is what the toxic crowd has been waiting for...Heupel is doomed. We are going to struggle next year..and the poison will go from a trickle to a flood..and then recruiting will tank...and then...

I feel like John Buford in the movie Gettysburg.."Devin, I've led a soldier's life, and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this. It's as if I can actually see the blue troops in one long, bloody moment, goin' up the long slope to the stony top. As if it were already done... already a memory. An odd... set... stony quality to it. As if tomorrow has already happened and there's nothin' you can do about it. The way you sometimes feel before an ill-considered attack, knowin' it'll fail, but you cannot stop it. You must even take part, and help it fail.

I hate this so much...this one hurts bad, and it is a momentum destroying loss.

I think I am going to check out for a while..
I mean we’ll beat Vandy next week and play in a good bowl game after. I will be checking out, in two games time. Follow recruiting some. We’ll be fine, but geezus Christ this was really really bad. Tim banks needs to be gone and our next DC needs to be bigtime.

Reactions: jpope9
Can’t let one loss turn into more because we will get Vandy’s best shot. Regroup, finish 10-2, play somewhere warm in January and recruit like hell to get this roster where it needs to be.

For mental health reasons, I would advise you stay away from social media and message boards next week.

VN Store

Back