'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

I’m so tired of just being close. Almost. We played hard! We had this game and didn’t take it.

What happens if Hooker doesn’t go out? What if Velus doesn’t muff the punt? So close. And then, Tillman catches the ball that hits his hands and we win.

Right there with ya. Tough one to accept. I wanted this one bad. Being this close...what happens if the fumble TD stands...BS call.... Good news, we are doing it with this rag tag roster with tons of vacant spots waiting to be filled with good talent. Recruits are taking notice... future looks bright.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The biggest problem tonight is that our fans throwing things on the field overshadowed the terrible calls and fake injuries. Now, instead of talking about those things, they are talking about a few fans. While on the field our team was screwed.

Reactions: JP_UT_O&W
I'm sick of the criticism...the guy is a good coach and has vastly improved this program already...period.

You can nitpick anybody
I never said he’s not a good coach or hasn’t improved the program. Improving the program and being a good coach comes with a higher standard than moral victories, close losses and ****** coaching like we’ve seen the last decade.

I’m sure if you could ask Hyp he’d say the exact same thing, points were left on the field and the play calling was suspect at times. Didn’t do enough to win. We had the ball 3 times past the 50 late in the 4th quarter and it resulted in zero points. Whos fault is that?

The biggest problem tonight is that our fans throwing things on the field overshadowed the terrible calls and fake injuries. Now, instead of talking about those things, they are talking about a few fans. While on the field our team was screwed.
Agreed, but there needs to be a statement made about all of the fake injuries. When a game goes from 7:30 to past midnight that is unacceptable. No game should be 5 hours long that doesn’t have any overtimes.

The whole thing is unacceptable.

Reactions: nashvol1
I never said he’s not a good coach or hasn’t improved the program. Improving the program and being a good coach comes with a higher standard than moral victories, close losses and ****** coaching like we’ve seen the last decade.

I’m sure if you could ask Hyp he’d say the exact same thing, points were left on the field and the play calling was suspect at times. Didn’t do enough to win. We had the ball 3 times past the 50 late in the 4th quarter and it resulted in zero points. Whos fault is that?
Cool...go ahead and keep shoveling 💩 on the guy..you must get some kind of jollies from it..

Need to focus on unforced errors and drive killing penalties moving forward. Blame is not the way forward.

Screw you...show me where I have dumped on this staff...

You talking about Milton? I'm not sorry for calling him what he is...an absolute garbage QB.

Reactions: berryvol
Nope. Not at all. Still sad, heart broken and disappointed. Just like the last decade. Get your hopes up just to lose in ways you never thought was possible
I called this a loss with no Evans and no Cooper, and if I had known Cade was going down too beforehand I would have figured a three TD loss..

These guys are getting way more out of this roster than I thought possible...excuse me for not nitpicking and second guessing them to death.

If the staff is smart they will do their own critical self-assessment looking for areas to strive for improvement in. I expect this is a practice.

I’m not a ref blamer but no way we should have been stopped on a 4th and 1 that we converted you review a 3rd down that caused us to punt. Or tone too fake injures after game injury.

Reactions: berryvol and NMVol
Tough loss. Mark down another Saturday night of SEC football. If Hooker is out the coaching challenges have been amped up.

I called this a loss with no Evans and no Cooper, and if I had known Cade was going down too beforehand I would have figured a three TD loss..

These guys are getting way more out of this roster than I thought possible...excuse me for not nitpicking and second guessing them to death.
Except we were very much in the game without those guys. We had plenty of chances to win and didn’t capitalize. Accepting moral victories is what has caused us to be in the dumpster fire we are for the past decade

Huepel can still be “the guy” while also acknowledging we had chances to win this game but the play calling was suspect in key moment, it happens to even the best of coaches. It definitely wasn’t execution or heart. Players played their asses off for 60 minutes

Already watched the game recap on ESPN. The returned TD fumble call was not even mentioned, nor the fake injuries.

So glad to see Neyland rocking again. Our boys fought hard and many of them through injuries. Hate that will be overshadowed by the trashy fans. Hope no one in here is attacking the coaches or players after they gave their all in spite of not having enough players to make a team.

Agreed, but there needs to be a statement made about all of the fake injuries. When a game goes from 7:30 to past midnight that is unacceptable. No game should be 5 hours long that doesn’t have any overtimes.

The whole thing is unacceptable.
Agree. You can accomplish both. Acknowledge no throwing and how terrible the fake injuries, calls were.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
So glad to see Neyland rocking again. Our boys fought hard and many of them through injuries. Hate that will be overshadowed by the trashy fans. Hope no one in here is attacking the coaches or players after they gave their all in spite of not having enough players to make a team.
Milton should be trashed for not giving his all and giving up on the final play

VN Store

Back