'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

It was a bad call.

It did not decide the game. We had other opportunities that we did not take advantage of.
How can you say it did not decide the game? Points stay on the board, we have more than them at the end of the game. Period. More points beats less points.

What about the final play of the game? I couldn't see what Milton saw in the end zone coverage, but in that situation, you throw the ball high to the end zone and hope your guy outjumps theirs and he runs it and runs to the sideline where he can be cut off.
It doesn’t even matter what he saw in that moment though. You just have to just throw it into the end zone.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
How can you say it did not decide the game? Points stay on the board, we have more than them at the end of the game. Period. More points beats less points.
We got a safety and a touchdown in the next two postings possessions

You’re mad. Your ability to think logically is impaired. Re-read my post tomorrow, or later in the week, when you have regained your ability to reason.

We actually ended up with 9 points, not 7, based on the way the sequence of plays / drives played out following that horrible call.
To argue that if one play is changed that the remaining plays pan out with no change doesn't strike me as logical. Situational developments influence outcomes. Some may argue that the bad spot in the Pitt game cost us that game. There were more than 4 minutes left and a TD and extra point would have tied it up. But this does not equal a win and there was some reasonable degree of probability that Pitt would have scored again in those 4 minutes. Let's not indulge the Beamer fallacy.

Reactions: C-town Vol
Uhh yes that’s my point. That’s why it was egregious.

No one blew a whistle, hence, the play is still live, we scored, the touchdown was signaled.

You can’t come back after those direct calls are made and then call the ball dead like the refs ended up doing. You have no grounds to do that if there was never a whistle blown, which there wasn’t.
Missed the point you were making…we are aligned.

I’m not making excuses for the officials 😂.

Let’s play out the strip sack TD scenario…which I agree completely was a horrendous call by the refs.

✅ they took away the TD, but We got the ball because it was 4th down, with great field position.

✅ The drive stalled

✅ We punted them deep and got the safety.

✅ We got the ball on the short kickoff and drove down for another TD.

✅ On the strip sack scenario, we actually ended up with 9 points instead of 7. We had a two point lead once it all played out. No one, absolutely No one, knows how the game would have played out if the strip sack would have counted. But we ended up with a safety we probably would have never gotten. That safety had us in position to have 4 possessions in the 2nd half to take the lead.

✅ I was ticked about the strip sack and the bad 4th down spot, but we lost the game because we kept stalling out drives when we had the opportunity to take the lead. Period.
Garbage take overall … those calls matter in totality. A ref 20 yards behind the play made a critical and terrible spot and they took away a TD. **** officiating is **** officiating.

VN Store

Back