'19 Recruiting Forum: Official BYU Pregame/Game Thread

He better be here. Last thing we need is a dumb coaching change
yeah. as upset as i am...and i'm pretty freaking fragile right now......................i don't put this at the coaches. the were ready to play, except for all the mistakes.

damnit.

i'm so pissed right now.

QB lost this **** game. I spent 250 today on this ********. Can’t read a defense for **** and can’t make a play. He had time tonight he was upright he had 3 great receivers playing hard and getting open. One read piece of ****. The rest of this season I’m going to enjoy my saturdays doing anything but watching TN football. Disgusted and have no idea how we got worse this year. Who would want to play for this staff. And if they try to dump on the fans **** all of them! The fans kept them in this game at least 3 errors forced by the crowd. The fans were all in tonight. Hate it for guys like Juan, ty, Gray, To’o...played so well.

Aw man we **** the bed twice in a row.

Oline looks much improved. Run game was solid until it became predictable. Freshmen looked good (HT, Wanya, Grey, Crouch). Gotta give another QB a look. Simply can’t be more ineffective than JG at this point. From my seat it’s not on Pruitt. It’s on a lack of execution. Get two more classes of these kinds of freshmen and it’s good. No one wants to have to wait, but we’re totally going to have to wait for any kind of satisfaction. I don’t know. Maybe we get a surprise at some point. Until the blown coverage the team at least looked like there was some fight in them.

B/c JG can't do throw worth a damn so, Chaney had to milk the run game until it was dry....

Per NYCVolunteer:

Brian Maurer and JT Shrout will battle it out for the start against UTC. Upon hearing this, JG has since entered the transfer portal.
Good...transfer! Maybe a FCS school will pick you up. If we had a decent QB tonight, we win by 14+ with the way we were running the ball.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
B/c JG can't do throw worth a damn so, Chaney had to milk the run game until it was dry....
I knew it was coming. Kept telling my wife "we have to throw something to keep their D honest..
But I'm terrified he's gonna turn it over if we even attempt a slant."

Do you realize how lucky we are? The number of turnovers that should have been? My god.

QB lost this **** game. I spent 250 today on this ********. Can’t read a defense for **** and can’t make a play. He had time tonight he was upright he had 3 great receivers playing hard and getting open. One read piece of ****. The rest of this season I’m going to enjoy my saturdays doing anything but watching TN football. Disgusted and have no idea how we got worse this year. Who would want to play for this staff. And if they try to dump on the fans **** all of them! The fans kept them in this game at least 3 errors forced by the crowd. The fans were all in tonight. Hate it for guys like Juan, ty, Gray, To’o...played so well.
Well...bye 🙋‍♂️

I knew it was coming. Kept telling my wife "we have to throw something to keep their D honest..

Do you realize how lucky we are? The number of turnovers that should have been? My god.
Guys calling for Cheneys head over this game are stupid. He was handcuffed completely by JGs complete uselessness, and the OL not being able to run block inside worth a damn..

Despite the post loss depression, all in all, I feel a heck of a lot better about everything outside of qb.
Bituli would have been huge tonight.
agreed, him and HT side by side.....good stuff.

i'm just sick and effin tired of guys being completely absent when it's time to make a play to win a game.

seriously wouldn't have bet on AT being one of those guys.

sad to say, JG is one of the guys you just can't count on.

i don't think the game plan was bad. i think the run game was good. i htink the o line played pretty good, i think the defense, on the whole, played pretty good.

but when you need the guys that you would thin you could count on to make a play...........................don 't..............................that sucks. bad. and there's just no excuse for it.

Guys calling for Cheneys head over this game are stupid. He was handcuffed completely by JGs complete uselessness, and the OL not being able to run block inside worth a damn..
Chaney and Tee had WRs running open all night. Pass protection was the best it’s been in 3 years. Shoulda scored 40.

That's why I'm concerned about the locker room. Can't help but wonder if too many of the pre Pruitt guys are just too loyal to JG.

Pure speculation on my part, just Pruitt has no hesitation anywhere else.

Or maybe CJP and CJC think JG gives us the best chance to win. And maybe the players do too and there is no locker room divide. I know fans think loses fall solely on JG, but don't assume the coaches and players feel the same way. Maybe they do; maybe they don't. As great as the defense played, they were bad when it counted at the end, and I feel bad for them for that. But that's the reality. We had the W until then. And no, the coaches and players aren't dumb if they don't agree with fans on this.

Chaney and Tee had WRs running open all night. Pass protection was the best it’s been in 3 years. Shoulda scored 40.

He’s been missing throws for years.
Missed them last week.
Missed them all game, yet we’re calling plays that should seemingly work but can’t execute due to personnel. Both TD passes were just Bc Jajuan Jennings has heart.
If you have a bad QB who can’t make the reads and throws you either adapt the scheme to his strengths or Change the personnel

Logistics is the issue with the ongoing confusion(which got better), and Taylor had a brain fart...that is his fault, the coach can't execute the play for him...the defense played well till 30 seconds were left.

True, but even so, if Warrior makes the tackle after that catch, which he should've done, the outcome is probably different.

The first JJ touchdown was luck. I couldn't tell who JG was throwing it too, but it was late and behind them whoever it was.

Reactions: Orange Studs

VN Store

Back