'19 Recruiting Forum: Official BYU Pregame/Game Thread

Aw man we **** the bed twice in a row.

Oline looks much improved. Run game was solid until it became predictable. Freshmen looked good (HT, Wanya, Grey, Crouch). Gotta give another QB a look. Simply can’t be more ineffective than JG at this point. From my seat it’s not on Pruitt. It’s on a lack of execution. Get two more classes of these kinds of freshmen and it’s good. No one wants to have to wait, but we’re totally going to have to wait for any kind of satisfaction. I don’t know. Maybe we get a surprise at some point. Until the blown coverage the team at least looked like there was some fight in them.
Agreed

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Well see. All I know is that game tonight wasn’t on the coaches. Anyone saying otherwise is just mad and emotional. Coaches didn’t have a bust on a 3rd and forever play. Nor were the coaches in there playing QB.

They coached well enough to win that game tonight by double digits with mediocre QB play. That’s a fact
Dude, the defense doesn't know how to line up half the time. He is ultimately responsible for the teams performance. He doesn't have it.

Reactions: Vols4us

... Until the blown coverage the team at least looked like there was some fight in them.

It’s crazy to me that thinking battling it out with a horrendous BYU team is becoming positive sign.
YUCK.
This program has sucked the air out of our standards.
And this coaching staff is putting pinholes in it to make sure we never inflate again

Reactions: Ridgerunner Vol
That's why I'm concerned about the locker room. Can't help but wonder if too many of the pre Pruitt guys are just too loyal to JG.

Pure speculation on my part, just Pruitt has no hesitation anywhere else.

Loyalty only goes so far. If you want to win games loyalty goes out the window.

May not even be the case, just speculating out loud.
I used to swear the next guy couldn't be worse but then I saw Nate play. Crazy but not even sure which is more likely.
I'd still rather it be confirmed that JG is that much better than the other two

And seriously what the heck is this guy doing.

He was supposed to be the best hire yet.

A defensive genius.
Logistics is the issue with the ongoing confusion(which got better), and Taylor had a brain fart...that is his fault, the coach can't execute the play for him...the defense played well till 30 seconds were left.

We win last year against Auburn and Kentucky with Pruitt. Idk how, but the JG from those games has vanished. Our units are actually better everywhere except the DL, but the new guys are showing a lot of flashes. Put Mauer out there and let him go. JG has become Worley/Peterman.

Put one of the freshmen out there.

You have to for recruiting and the future of the team.

Get another stud HS QB, grad transfer QB, whatever we need. Let them all compete for it next year.

Hopefully we find out next week.
tenor.gif

Oline looks much improved. Run game was solid until it became predictable. Freshmen looked good (HT, Wanya, Grey, Crouch). Gotta give another QB a look. Simply can’t be more ineffective than JG at this point. From my seat it’s not on Pruitt. It’s on a lack of execution. Get two more classes of these kinds of freshmen and it’s good. No one wants to have to wait, but we’re totally going to have to wait for any kind of satisfaction. I don’t know. Maybe we get a surprise at some point. Until the blown coverage the team at least looked like there was some fight in them.
This. I feel disappointed, not angry. Great effort tonight - can’t win with that kinda QB play. We’re headed in the right direction. Good game.

We've got to learn how to freaking line up on D

And

We have to get better QB play.

That's it
the defenese played well enough to win...............................................until it had to.

and the qb that we have starting right now will never be the reason we win a game.

enjoy the next 10 games.

This loss hurts more than last week.

We shipped the bed. Confidence is shot. Recruiting gonna tank.

Season gonna go downhill from here.

This freshman class is going to turn it around eventually, Pruitt may not be here to see it, but there is a lot of real talent in the true freshmen class, and they will win games.
this. HT, QC, and many others....saw it tonight.

we aren't gonna suck forever.

but we are gonna suck for a while longer.

Congrats JG.... you lost us the game. Squarely on you brother.
He is terrible! Worse than last year.

Hey Pruitt and Chaney, can we please roll with Shrout or Maurer, and take our chances?!! I don’t care if JG is Peyton Manning in practice, he’s a HS QB at best in games. Bench him and play for the future. There’s no way they are as bad as JG.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer

This is where i'm at. Get better, and win some games.

VN Store

Back