Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

. We get it you only like one sided non bias viewpoints and opinions. I am a Vol fan and I will be at the Florida game this season. Do I hope we win? Absolutely. Do I think we will win? No I don’t and going on the last 15 years of this “rivalry” game then you tell me why I should believe that we will win that game this year. You are clearly not a very sapient fan like me. Orange tinted glasses on 24/7 as for me I bleed orange and I will always will but I took off those glasses around 2010.
Oh, really?

Attachments

• 70C78B30-16A1-4ED3-BBEF-AD5506314A59.jpeg
    70C78B30-16A1-4ED3-BBEF-AD5506314A59.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 73
Capitulation on Joan of Arc, England ravaging their country for years because their king refused to leave the safety of his walls, and Paris falling to Hitler in like 10 minutes are some examples that come to mind. It's not the French common citizens that are mocked (the revolutionaries), it's the government and thus the military because they control the military.
You forgot the Maginot line. One of history's biggest jokes.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Capitulation on Joan of Arc, England ravaging their country for years because their king refused to leave the safety of his walls, and Paris falling to Hitler in like 10 minutes are some examples that come to mind. It's not the French common citizens that are mocked (the revolutionaries), it's the government and thus the military because they control the military.

If we cover that vast amount of history then we should be mocking everyone. Hitler's victory took 10 minutes because it was an epic blunder of the old guard. The United Kingdom made some of the same blunders and were basically a military run the old way. The ocean kept them safe while they figured out that running a modern military based on class was stupid af., having setups where all of your miners formed a miners based battallion meant you had no one at home mining coal and steel and on and on. Hitler forced the reorganization of every military on the planet. The French were simply hit hard early. And when Belgium which had been an ally to France declared neutrality in 1936 that gave Hitler the entry point to France.

Every war is the same. Old leaders fight the previous war and pay for it until they realize the current war is different.

Last edited:
If we cover that vast amount of history then we should be mocking everyone. Hitler's victory took 10 minutes because it was an epic blunder of the old guard. The United Kingdom made some of the same blunders and were basically a military run the old way. The ocean kept them safe while they figured out that running a modern military based on class was stupid af., having setups where all of your miners formed a miners based battallion meant you had no one at home mining coal and steel and on and on. Hitler forced the reorganization of every military on the planet. The French were simply hit hard early.

Every war is the same. Old leaders fight the previous war and pay for it until they realize the current war is different.
That was just the latest installment. The French royalty had a pattern of giving up easily or not fighting at all.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
That was just the latest installment. The French royalty had a pattern of giving up easily or not fighting at all.

The French got rid of their royalty early. VERY EARLY. I don't understand how they're relevant. Most of the jokes about France trace more to De Gaulle's behavior and sparring with American presidents post-war. That's where the sentiment originated.

The French got rid of their royalty early. VERY EARLY. I don't understand how they're relevant. Most of the jokes about France trace more to De Gaulle's behavior and sparring with American presidents post-war. That's where the sentiment originated.
The British made fun of them long before we did.

Reactions: UTProf
Ok buddy rest assured you don’t know me personally and that I have been a Tennessee fan since 1982 and that’s a fact. Your making unproven assumptions on the internet. You see one viewpoint and one opinion and that’s yours and that’s probaly describes 90 percent of the posters on here. You can’t see both sides of the coin, very similar to the political parties.

I am sure you’re a vol fan but it’s always been like this here. Part of the VN charm

The French are an interesting read. How do you go from the dominance of the Napoleon years, to the white flag flying timidity of the world wars?

Culture change has to be the greatest argument. I've also heard that the Napoleonic wars killed off much of the strong bloodlines in France. Wars do have a tendency to remove the strongest and best men from nations.

Truly, a terrible thing.

Reactions: TheRain and jave36
The French are an interesting read. How do you go from the dominance of the Napoleon years, to the white flag flying timidity of the world wars?

Culture change has to be the greatest argument. I've also heard that the Napoleonic wars killed off much of the strong bloodlines in France. Wars do have a tendency to remove the strongest and best men from nations.

Truly, a terrible thing.
Explains the current generation here in America.....

VN Store

Back