Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you talk to people under 10 and over 60?
Do you talk to people that have diabetes?
Do you talk to people that have upper respiratory diseases like asthma etc...?
Do you talk to people that suffer from heart disease?

The mask isn't for her. Something like 90% of people are asympotmatic. The mask is so SHE doesn't give it to someone else.

Yes to all of the above. I have a 20 month old and an 8 month old at home. Statistically my children are in the safest possible demographic possible. I work in an essential business, have worked through this entire crisis and have employees that I interact with every day that fit every criteria you described above except for below 10 years old. I respect their distance and try our hardest to communicate at a distance as much as possible. I care for all of my employees and will go above and beyond to ensure that they are safe. Not a single one of my employees has even had a scare that they might have this virus and we have been working this whole time.

Outside of that if you’re out and about and are truly worried about catching this stuff please do what you can do to keep your distance inside and wear a mask if you wish. There needs to be a personal accountability to protecting yourself if you’re truly worried.

Yes to all of the above. I have a 20 month old and an 8 month old at home. Statistically my children are in the safest possible demographic possible. I work in an essential business, have worked through this entire crisis and have employees that I interact with every day that fit every criteria you described above except for below 10 years old. I respect their distance and try our hardest to communicate at a distance as much as possible. I care for all of my employees and will go above and beyond to ensure that they are safe. Not a single one of my employees has even had a scare that they might have this virus and we have been working this whole time.

Outside of that if you’re out and about and are truly worried about catching this stuff please do what you can do to keep your distance inside and wear a mask if you wish. There needs to be a personal accountability to protecting yourself if you’re truly worried.
I'm with you, I work in an essential business myself, with an emphasis on older clients, and families. My wife and I were trying to conceive before all of this crap.
My point was that, asking those questions about wearing a mask aren't relevant unless you're wearing an N95. 99% of masks out there don't actually stop viruses. It's just supposed to stop you from sneezing and coughing out into the air for other peolpe to inhale, especially during allergy season. I probably already have it or have had one of the ten different strands (COVID-19 A and C seem to be pretty prevalent around here), I just want to hold myself personally accountable to not spread it to other people.

I'm with you, I work in an essential business myself, with an emphasis on older clients, and families. My wife and I were trying to conceive before all of this crap.
My point was that, asking those questions about wearing a mask aren't relevant unless you're wearing an N95. 99% of masks out there don't actually stop viruses. It's just supposed to stop you from sneezing and coughing out into the air for other peolpe to inhale, especially during allergy season. I probably already have it or have had one of the ten different strands (COVID-19 A and C seem to be pretty prevalent around here), I just want to hold myself personally accountable to not spread it to other people.

I fully understand you on not wanting to give it to other people. To me I feel like I have normalized by being around my employees every day through this and none having got it. It really makes you feel that this is far less risky than what we have been led to believe.

Good luck to you and your wife on trying for a baby. I hope that is a quick process for you guys.

Whats up guys? Been away from the site since February. What should I know? Transfers, coaching changes, etc. I saw Tualia is transferring from Bama. I think i saw that Maurer is gone. What else?
There's a Corona Virus that is spreading through this site. Every other post is about the Virus and how America will never recover. That's about it----oh wait, we're killing it in recruiting right now :):)

Reactions: volatil
This doesn't sound like good advice to me. I had a really skinny and active cousin that ate well. He turned out fine. Still looks good at 51.

My wife was a small child. She was 95-for the first six years of our relationship and that was all hips, butt and very toned back/shoulders.

After losing baby weight of our 2 kids she went back to 110....never got above 145ish in pregnancy. He is now 126 and is thrilled to be filled out...been about that weight for 6 years in her 30's. Her mom was 115. Her dad is 5'11 and 165.

The doctors just won't accept that they have thin genetics. My daughter is 2 years younger than son and weighs the same...she takes more after my genetics. I'm a little over 6'2, 227 and most of my family are similar. It doesn't take a degree to realize my so will probably grow up to be 5'10ish and 160. He takes after my wife's dad a lot and had same growth stages as him as a child.

Pediatricians just have their models that kis are supposed to be a certain height and slightly chubby and refuse to listen to anything else.

I walked in a grocery store last week and was the only person not wearing a mask. The dirty looks I got were delicious.
I haven’t worn a mask since this whole thing has started and my job requires me to be around people “ I am essential in a way” and I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t been holed up in my house not working, I’ve been on the go since lockdowns happened.

I haven’t worn a mask since this whole thing has started and my job requires me to be around people “ I am essential in a way” and I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t been holed up in my house not working, I’ve been on the go since lockdowns happened.

That’s because the only people who get it have severe underlying health issues.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
You say “killing it” and @SSVol will add the SEC to the mortality rate

Easy there. I have not spoken of that particular subject in quite some time.

Actually quite bullish about methods for reducing mortality, but nobody seems to care. Half here think there isn't a problem to solve. The other half think it can't be solved. I think both are wrong.

But what about crootin!!

Easy there. I have not spoken of that particular subject in quite some time.

Actually quite bullish about methods for reducing mortality, but nobody seems to care. Half here think there isn't a problem to solve. The other half think it can't be solved. I think both are wrong.

But what about crootin!!

50% of baby boomers are supposed to live to be 100. I think that I am healthier than at least 50% of people my age. Therefore, I have at least 43 years left to go....I still gotta lotta football left!

I walked in a grocery store last week and was the only person not wearing a mask. The dirty looks I got were delicious.

You think it's fun to mess with people who are trying to protect themselves from a potentially fatal illness? What a really nice person you are. I'm sure you are a great contributor to your church and community. Really zeroing in on that "love your neighbor as you love yourself."

You think it's fun to mess with people who are trying to protect themselves from a potentially fatal illness? What a really nice person you are. I'm sure you are a great contributor to your church and community. Really zeroing in on that "love your neighbor as you love yourself."
WTH? There are thousands out and about without wearing masks, of all ages. Due to my job, I am at 3-4 different grocery stores per day. Some of the stores right now require vendors to wear a mask, ie Kroger and Walmart. Which I think is utterly ridiculous since half the shoppers aren't wearing one nor required to. If you and others wear one in public places, by all means have at it. But don't criticize or belittle those who choose not to IF IT ISN"T REQUIRED.

WTH? There are thousands out and about without wearing masks, of all ages. Due to my job, I am at 3-4 different grocery stores per day. Some of the stores right now require vendors to wear a mask, ie Kroger and Walmart. Which I think is utterly ridiculous since half the shoppers aren't wearing one nor required to. If you and others wear one in public places, by all means have at it. But don't criticize or belittle those who choose not to IF IT ISN"T REQUIRED.

That's not the point. He first said that he was the only person there not wearing one (so he clearly wasn't in your situation where you say half of them aren't wearing masks) and was gloating about the fact that he was getting looks from people who were wearing masks out of personal concern. It's not wearing the mask that I considered classless, it's him thinking it's cool to offend those who do wear their masks out of concern. So please be a little more discerning before you use your bold caps.

And I'm sure your employer would love to hear about your frustration over having to wear a mask when you visit Kroger or Walmart. Why don't you share that with your boss, or better yet the manager of Kroger next time you're there.

Is it ok to belittle those that do choose to wear a mask?

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Bet you’d be one the dirty look people but not one to actually say anything about me not wearing a mask. Go find you somebody else to try and fear monger and virtue signal to, I ain’t the one.

How about we get out of the pro mask vs anti mask debate? Due to my job and elderly parents. I live it every day. It’s nice to just enjoy recruiting news, and forgetting, if just for a few hours.

This. Can people please stop debating this stuff. No one is going to change anyone’s opinions in the recruiting forum.

I won't belittle anyone but I do wish more people would wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back