Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Lil Richard...Founder of Rock and Roll
images

Any recommendations on propane bbq grills? Family bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday last fall and I expected big things from it. Always thought KitchenAid stuff was great. Been very disappointed with it. Back right quadrant gets super hot but the rest not so much. My previous grills were much hotter. I'm one that believes that if you turn a steak more than once you've ruined it. I usually will throw them steaks on (1.25-1.5" thick) for 2 min and flip and cook for 2 min and it's medium to medium rare. I have to cook steaks on this grill for 10-15 turning multiple times to achieve similar level of doneness. I have an outdoor kitchen where there is a slot for the grill so I have to take the side burners and shelves off the sides. Any suggestions?

Probably like TVs in that everyone has enjoyed different brands. I can’t say that I’m a master chef or griller, but I would guess that I use my propane grill roughly 50 times per year. My parents gave us a Charbroil Commercial Series as a gift, and it has lasted 8+ years (maybe longer). I also don’t maintain it as much as I should and ditched the cover after year one. I have never replaced any parts, but it has rusted to the point that I am using a $10 grill pan. I will be buying a new one relatively soon, but I don’t think I will go with anything other than Charbroil. They now make ones with infrared that provide even heating.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
That's funny! We are trying to get him to gain weight so having him eat hea6, lots of protein and good fats and letting him eat junk food.

He keeps getting taller but staying skinny so his pediatrician said load him up on milkshakes and a mandatory bowl of ice cream before bed.

I swear pediatricians aren't happy if your kid isn't chubby. The freaking kid had a little 4 pack at 2 years old...pissed the doctors off like we were starving him.
That’ll work

Last week the wife and I went out to Lowes. As we pulled in she proceeds to ask me: Do I need to wear a mask? I proceed to ask her a series of questions:

Are you under 40?
Do you have diabetes?
Do you have any kind of upper respiratory disease like asthma etc.?
Do you suffer from heart disease?

To give you a hint my wife is under 30 and has 0 pre-existing conditions.

She proceeded to look at me like I was a smart ass, flipped me the bird and put her mask on.

I think we are really making progress.
The fact she didn't smack the piss out of you supports your conclusion, lol.

LG or Samsung. In my opinion LG is the best t.v. the general public can afford.
I bought 2 LG TV's recently and the pictures are great but the best thing is that LG has tons of free TV. I get all my local channels plus tons of LG TV channels in HD. Do some research on it and I think you'll be impressed. By the way, I just have a local TV antenna hooked to it and set it up through my WiFi. Living in Dallas may help with my TV reception.

Quit playing with that propane trash and get a Big Green Egg. You can thank me later. Better yet, you can make me a steak when I come up for a game.

Big green eggs are great, but I preferred the oval shape of the primo and it's made in the USA vs Mexico.

It's hard to get stuff made in the USA, and I will always try to support the people who are still trying to make stuff over here.

Probably like TVs in that everyone has enjoyed different brands. I can’t say that I’m a master chef or griller, but I would guess that I use my propane grill roughly 50 times per year. My parents gave us a Charbroil Commercial Series as a gift, and it has lasted 8+ years (maybe longer). I also don’t maintain it as much as I should and ditched the cover after year one. I have never replaced any parts, but it has rusted to the point that I am using a $10 grill pan. I will be buying a new one relatively soon, but I don’t think I will go with anything other than Charbroil. They now make ones with infrared that provide even heating.
My last one was a charbroil commercial and it lasted a long time too. I had to replace the grates but it finally got to where some of the flames would not come through the holes. It had big brass burners and maybe sand inside? I may go that route again.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolGee4
First they said no sugar ever because of worries about ADHD....which he doesn't have.

Now they say load him up on dairy products with sugar, just no soda.
This doesn't sound like good advice to me. I had a really skinny and active cousin that ate well. He turned out fine. Still looks good at 51.

Reactions: gainesvol82
For the money Kamado Joe > Big Green Egg. Love my Big Joe 3.
The new Weber grills are China Made unstable pieces of crap unless you get the Summit Series and even those aren’t what they used to be. If money wasn’t an issue I would go with a Lynx. They are expensive though.

Kamado Joe > Big Green Egg > Primo

I know this has nothing to do with UT but suck it gators

Awwwwww

Unfortunately Walker's transfer couldn't have been much worse for the Gators, who will have to replace four seniors in 2021 and have only one junior on the roster heading into the fall. That unit will be extremely young in the years to come, and even with three prospects currently committed in the 2021 class we still project Florida to need anywhere from two to four more to get into our target range for the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back