Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i was a kid my dad showed me that coke can be used to dissolve corrosion on car battery terminals. i can't drink any of that **** anymore.

Open a 2-liter Coke and drop a Mentos in and watch it go Mt. Vesuvius.

You can also put something with rust on it in Coke and leave it at least an hour and it will remove rust. The longer the object is left in the coke the more rust will be removed. Carbonation.

The early UFC matches were set up to show the dominance of BJJ, specifically Gracie Jiu Jitsu. None of the guys participating knew how to defeat that style.

Once high level wrestlers started learning BJJ it was a completely different sport. Guys like Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz changed the game. Even when Chuck Liddell was dominant it was his wrestling ability and knowledge of BJJ defense that made it possible for him to stay on his feet or get up quickly so that he could end it with punches.

GSP is another elite wrestler with very strong knowledge of BJJ who was on a whole other level in the UFC as well.

Most the guys who get their name thrown around as "greatest pound 4 pound" fighter in MMA aren't one dimensional at all, all of them have some sort of striking AND grappling background to.

I personally think wrestling is king if all things are equal if looking at just focusing on one style. Would be able to keep striking guys on their back, would be able to prevent BJJ takedowns. Just such a good strong foundation for MMA.

Quite a few high level wrestlers who were essentially one dimensional have had some serious success too. (Ben Askren the most recent)

Reactions: gainesvol82
Ralph Macchio would take them both down simultaneously with a single crane kick.

200.gif

RC goes with Moon Pies
Coke goes with Peanuts
Root Beer goes with Ice Cream
Sprite goes with Punch

Grandpa had it right when he asked if we wanted a Pop. Never really knew what we were going to get.
Same except when asked if you wanted a Coke you never knew what you were going to get. Also, dr. Pepper goes with ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back