Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would've been a good fight. Lee had a speed advantage, Norris had a weight advantage.

Not insurmountable, Norris was 5'8 and 154 pounds avg fighting weight.
Which is decent and Bruce Lee never fought competitively. But being fair, Norris fought in points systems. Not like he was knocking people out or was a grappler familiar with using weight as an advantage.

Been great to see but declaring a winner without an actual fight is pointless.

Reactions: drvenner
I think it would've been a good fight. Lee had a speed advantage, Norris had a weight advantage.

Which is decent and Bruce Lee never fought competitively. But being fair, Norris fought in points systems. Not like he was knocking people out or was a grappler familiar with using weight as an advantage.

Thank you for bringing up the point systems. Much different than an actual fight. Agree that declaring a winner has no substance. Debate was fun, though.

Reactions: chargervol
Not always true. In the weight classes fighters arrive and weigh in at the agreed weight but often the night of the fight there is noticeable difference in the 2. BJ Penn fought at light weight for a time and was a dominant champ. He was beaten by Frankie Edgar. Frankie walked around at 160 pounds and had to cut very little to make weight. BJ Penn walked around at 175-180.
True. Cutting sucks bad though. It takes quite a bit out of a bigger athlete.

Reactions: vols40
That's what the early days of the UFC were for seeing which skill set was best. It was true then and still holds true jiu jitsu

Lee was fast but does anyone think you win point fighting by being slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back