Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Orange Roughy.

Been on a Mahi Mahi kick lately. Put a good smokey BBQ rub on top, bake at 400 F for 25 minutes and it comes out really tasty.

I like to bake Orange Roughy, then cover the filet with a mix of Panko bread crumbs and Aiago or Parmesan cheese, splash with lemon juice, then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the bread crumbs/cheese mix starts to brown. With a twice-baked potato. Good stuff.

I like to bake Orange Roughy, then cover the filet with a mix of Panko bread crumbs and Aiago or Parmesan cheese, splash with lemon juice, then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the bread crumbs/cheese mix starts to brown. With a twice-baked potato. Good stuff.

Gonna have to try this next time I see OR at the store. I usually just lathered it in butter, put lemon pepper seasoning on top and then after baking it I squeeze a lemon over the filet. I love cheese so I will have to try this.

Isn't Tilapia genetically modified? Stuff is foul.

No, it’s a fish native to Africa. They found out years ago that it has the hardiness of carp - but does taste a little better. They have caught a few in the Ocoee as well as TN river system. Luckily they don’t screw up the native species.

One of the bigger Tilapia farms around is in Hamilton County.

I have concerns about some of the “farmed salmon”, some of these farms are in places like Vietnam - they use lots of anibiotics on the fish to deal with diseases from overcrowding AND use pink dye that’s injected into the fish during processing

Reactions: TC 83
Gonna have to try this next time I see OR at the store. I usually just lathered it in butter, put lemon pepper seasoning on top and then after baking it I squeeze a lemon over the filet. I love cheese so I will have to try this.

You are welcome in advance because you will be thanking me. That is good eats.

And yes, the more lemon the better on fish. I splash the fish before I bake it; then before I put it under the broiler, then again on the plate.

No, it’s a fish native to Africa. They found out years ago that it has the hardiness of carp - but does taste a little better. They have caught a few in the Ocoee as well as TN river system. Luckily they don’t screw up the native species.

One of the bigger Tilapia farms around is in Hamilton County.

I have concerns about some of the “farmed salmon”, some of these farms are in places like Vietnam - they use lots of anibiotics on the fish to deal with diseases from overcrowding AND use pink dye that’s injected into the fish during processing

There is a lot more that is wrong with farmed salmon. Like you said, antibiotics and diseases are huge deals. Then you have the diet they feed them. Sure, it is anchovy-rich and mainly true to their diet, but it is killing off the anchovy population in the oceans which many others species use to feed off of as well. Also, a number of studies have shown that the health benefits have significantly decreased in farmed salmon compared to normal levels. Good fats like the highly diet-important omega's are less than half of the normal levels. Wild caught is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back