Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if TN makes medical marijuana legal, it is still not legal at the federal level. If you think your kid needs it, I am sure you can get it. I for one would have to be pretty desperate to give it to a child, legal or not.

Here is the thing: There are what, 200, maybe 500 kids in Tennessee who "need" medical marijuana, but there are about 365 people a year in Knox County alone who are dying from overdose. If you think most of those people didn't start out on marijuana, you are sadly mistaken.

I do not personally know if an ingredient in marijuana is really helping kids with seizures, but give me a break...The marijuana industry is simply sing this miracle drug thing, in order to get marijuana legalized. If they studied some other plant, they could probably find similar "miracle" substances that would help too.

It is mostly snake oil, plain and simple. Most positive effects are very mild.

I do not doubt that many people really, really enjoy their highs, but this whole hoopla about it is crap, intended to help the rich get richer.

Don't need you preaching to me. My child is an adult, thank you. You have no clue. So give ME a break.

Don't need you preaching to me. My child is an adult, thank you. You have no clue. So give ME a break.

I am not preaching at you. I am giving my opinion on the situation as a whole. If I came across that way, I am sorry.

If my child was really sick, or in pain, I would do anything in my power to help them, including marijuana - IF I thought it would help.

I am not preaching at you. I am giving my opinion on the situation as a whole. If I came across that way, I am sorry.

If my child was really sick, or in pain, I would do anything in my power to help them, including marijuana - IF I thought it would help.
But you wouldnt think that due to your bias so the kid would suffer because of it. Marijuana is safer than alcohol, period and provides far more benefits and let's not even start with what hemp could do for our economy and conservation of our natural resources.

Only teens in the 70s get it from "mehico." Shows your knowledge i'd say. Get learnt and stop talking to the DEA. I got a buddy who works for Marlboro and he says pot is bad too, tobacco is way better!

Even if TN makes medical marijuana legal, it is still not legal at the federal level. If you think your kid needs it, I am sure you can get it. I for one would have to be pretty desperate to give it to a child, legal or not.

Here is the thing: There are what, 200, maybe 500 kids in Tennessee who "need" medical marijuana, but there are about 365 people a year in Knox County alone who are dying from overdose. If you think most of those people didn't start out on marijuana, you are sadly mistaken.

I do not personally know if an ingredient in marijuana is really helping kids with seizures, but give me a break...The marijuana industry is simply using this miracle drug thing, in order to get marijuana legalized. If they studied some other plant, they could probably find similar "miracle" substances that would help too.

It is mostly snake oil, plain and simple. Most positive effects are very mild.

I do not doubt that many people really, really enjoy their highs, but this whole hoopla about it is crap, intended to help the rich get richer.
BonyImmediateAkitainu-small.gif

Reactions: bignewt

But you dont think it helps ,so your poor kid would suffer on your false beliefs.

But you dont think it helps ,so your poor kid would suffer on your false beliefs.

...In your opinion...

The fact that it makes someone feel good when they are high, doesn't make them an expert over me, when it comes to the science.

Actually, that might make them just a bit biased, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCVolunteer
...In your opinion...

The fact that it makes someone feel good when they are high, doesn't make them an expert over me, when it comes to the science.
There is so much science on it right now, not thanks the laws prohibiting our people from researching it. Israel and Spain have did alot. Test in mice with tumors makes the cancer cells comit suicide. So it cures some form of cancer. We all have endo cannabinoids receptors that utilize the cannabis. It's part of you and me whether you like it or not. I study it everyday and they keep finding illnesses that it helps alleviate. Instead of listing all the things it helps, its easier to say what does it not help. Our ancestors 3,4, 5 thousand years ago was using it. It definitely is not something new. Once again I posted a video "the history of cannabis " that explains it in detail way better than a country boy like me could.

Dayum. One hitter quitter?
Pretty much one nice bong rip is all i need.

That and i have zero connections in TN i have to have a friend out of state mail it and its hard to get the trigger pulled so i tend to be very conservative with it.

Reactions: T Dog
Yeah i make a quarter last a year just nice to have around. I like it for movies mostly.
Its funny I had that discussion with a Narc. Had the same with cops and judges and people just like him before. I will never back down when I know the truth about something. I will also concede when I am wrong too.

Sound like something someone would say that has never had anyone close to them addicted to some of the mess out there. Marijuana isn't anything when managed. Some hardcore stuff out there only takes one curious attempt to kill you or make you addicted and do something that changes your life and your families
Yes my brother is a meth addict And has stolen money and been arrested multiple times and all of that is his responsibility. I believe in individual liberty and responsibility. What anyone chooses to put into their body is still their business as long as they don’t commit a crime against someone else.

Your opinion that the positive effects of MJ are bunk are noted and summarily disregarded as uninformed. It has its downsides like any substance but it definitely has good medical value. CBD has zero high and has a myriad of benefits.

Yes because smoking weed is anti-authority. It makes people mentally ill? Lololol Wow groundbreaking stuff.
Not being groundbreaking does not make it any less true. In fact, Boring as it might be, it validates past stereotypes that people are attempting to say are outdated and just plain wrong.

Your opinion that the positive effects of MJ are bunk are noted and summarily disregarded as uninformed. It has its downsides like any substance but it definitely has good medical value. CBD has zero high and has a myriad of benefits.

I am not saying that I have had a whole world of experience with CBD oil, but the friends that I know who have tried it have not given it a ringing endorsement. In fact, one of my friends who tried it, recently died. It surely did not help him very much. He had ample opportunity to sing it's praises, and he did not. He still lived with pain.

So, I don't know. I don't really think I am as "uninformed" as you all (who don't know me) would like for me to be.

I am not saying that I have had a whole world of experience with CBD oil, but the friends that I know who have tried it have not given it a ringing endorsement. In fact, one of my friends who tried it, recently died. It surely did not help him very much. He had ample opportunity to sing it's praises, and he did not. He still lived with pain.

So, I don't know. I don't really think I am as "uninformed" as you all (who don't know me) would like for me to be.
Sorry about your friend. It definitely doesnt do everything but it does some things well as a medicine. It can't replace all other meds but helps some people stay off opiates or reduce their intake. Its not vitamins but better for you than a lot of opiates.

Reactions: i2amavol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back