Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that factual??? And it doesn't even have black on black, white on white, etc. Just proves hate is hate.

Put out by the department of justice apparently so …… not surprised by the numbers, but you would never hear that on the news. That's unfortunately the America that most people are aware of … but the truth has been and will continue to be hijacked which is unfortunate. Having said this -- I thought there was supposed to be no politics in this forum :). I might just share my philosophy on race, it's a pretty interesting one ….. given any small drip of encouragement - since this seems to be the topic de jour.

I've never denied that. I have posts somewhere, not sure which forum since we're talking politics here now, that state as much. Hate doesn't know a color barrier.
That is all I am saying. I wasn't really meaning to disagree with what you said...I just wanted to point that out.

Answering racism with racism is never going to make anything better. We need true equality, and I am never going to bow down to that "Whites must self hate" agenda. I absolutely despise when that is inferred..all it does is piss me off.

Dont think riots happened to this extent. His leadership, or, lack thereof - more specifically his comments about looting...shooting, and actions today only incense folks.

In all fairness, riots would have happened under any one's tenure. He isnt helpingg situation.
His comments were true.

Dont think riots happened to this extent. His leadership, or, lack thereof - more specifically his comments about looting...shooting, and actions today only incense folks.

In all fairness, riots would have happened under any one's tenure. He isnt helpingg situation.

Riots didn't happen like this because the protests weren't hijacked and organized by Antifa and egged on and supported by the MSM. No way the MSM was going to support the destruction of cities, and the actual killing of citizens by radicals, under Obama. They were going to protect his presidency no matter the cost.

And as far as this comment...

more specifically his comments about looting...shooting, and actions today only incense folks.

You are wrong. While the majority of Americans support the right to protest, that majority also are horrified by the looting and violence. The only people incensed by Trump's comments are the radical Left and those that get their info from the MSM.

One thing that should come from this is it should end the gun debate for years to come. The Left/Democrat argument is that the citizenry doesn't need guns for protection, the police are there to protect us. Yet we watch as mayors across the nation order their police forces to stand aside and allow their cities to burn to the ground. The police won't protect you and we are not giving up our guns.

and I thought this was the Recruiting board.
Freak, Politics will ruin and destroy your website. It's like 2 dogs fighting over a bone neither will let go.

IMO that worst part about this is people are refusing to see themselves as Americans. They're black or white or brown or indigo instead of Americans. This is how the media and other political leaders are able to divide the country so easily. The sooner Americans start seeing Americans instead of color the better.

What are you even talking about? Good grief, where do get your information? You are either getting duped by your news source or you're willfully making stuff up. He hasn't denounced peaceful protesting. He went so far as to say the radicals are taking away from those protesting peacefully for Mr. Floyd.

As far as criticizing kneeling for the national anthem, so what? A lot of people didn't like it. As a QB in the NFL he had a powerful platform to do something beneficial for his cause. That platform gave him a lot of options, and could have garnered a lot of support in America. He could have tried to unite us. Instead he made it about himself and I am not sure what was gained from it other than to further divide us, because you can't have a problem with someone disrespecting our symbols without being labeled a racist.

As far as calling the military up, he has a constitutional duty to protect the nation, and he has the constitutional authority to do so. This won't be 1968. I expect the military will be used only to prevent destruction, but I would also expect FBI special units to be monitoring and targeting leaders of Antifa. Have to get the leadership to slow the momentum. of this thing.
Yikes.... imagine typing this and believing it

Yikes.... imagine typing this and believing it
what's actually "wrong" about it?

if you remove all the social media hyperbole, that's basically it in a nutshell...

having some self awareness isn't just for trump. just as many will say Trump should shut down his twitter account, cause he should know all it's doing is divide us......why can't you say the same about a guy like Kapernick? you think it was realistic to think everyone would just get behind that? that no one could get offended? when people get mad at trump or the right, there's a level of acceptance. that it's no only ok to be mad, but that it's right and just to do so, and if you're not mad, you're bad. if you say what kapernick did divides people, you're a racist.

the reality, is both statements are true. what trump does on twitter and what kap did divided people. even if you agreed with the merit behind what drove kap...and i think many do....that doesn't mean you have to agree wiht how he handled expressing himself about it.

same wiht trump....the merit behind what drives him..."protect american citizens, businesses and cities during riots experiencing looting, vandalism and violence" i think most would agree with that. that doesn't mean you have to like or agree with how he's handled expressing himself about it.

that's part of the problem here (and wiht most anything to do with social/political issues of any kind) is that everyone thinks it's only their point of view that bears any merit.

i think you could scroll thru facebook, twitter, instagram or any social media, or regular media outlets to be honest, and just ask yourself "does this story, headline, post, video etc... does this help the situation? or does it just incite?"

i'd say there's a little on one side of that equation....and a lot on the other. so, if there was a designed purpose to any/all of this....well, that message got lost about a week ago, cause nobody is talking about that anymore are they?

the reality...it doesn't matter whether you agree or not....because the people you disagree wiht the most...they feel the same way about their point of view as you do. and neither of you are interested in anything but shouting the other one down.

so nobody ever listens or discusses. 120 character hot takes, gifs, and "lowest common denominator" debating tactics take over, and nothing gets done.....

the funny part about all this, is despite everyone's insistence on who's right, who's wrong, how things should/could be, who should be in power yada, yada, yada.....

has anything gotten any better as result? or do we just love yelling at each other a little too much?

and i'm not saying someone shouldn't be upset/angry about what's happening/happened. just saying some of it is mislpaced/misused....and detracting from what the actual issue is....

They’ve all been trash the last several cycles. But to think after all the whining the Democrats have done the past 4 years they didn’t come up with a better option than Biden. That’s concerning IF I were a Democrat.
Man, every time I read a statement like '4 year Democratic whining', I immediately think of the Obama years. It cuts both ways.

You don't think Black Americans don't think of themselves as such? (I am not myself black, therefore I cannot speak for), simply have just listened.

My colleague poignantly stated...dont call me African American, don't beat around the bush, man. I hate that! I'm an American who's black...Do I look like an African?

Sometimes its just best to seek out another view point. That person's first hand account may actually be more realistic than our own individual accounts. Not sure how you arrived at your conclusion, im simply mentioning this as food for thought.
All I know is that this country is gone to hell, and it is dangerous fir everyone, and full of hate on all sides.

I don't want to hurt anybody, I just want to be left alone, but the first bunch of assholes that start up my driveway toward my house, or tries to drag me out of my car, or destroy what is mine...I am sending them straight to hell.

All I know is that this country is gone to hell, and it is dangerous fir everyone, and full of hate on all sides.

I don't want to hurt anybody, I just want to be left alone, but the first bunch of assholes that start up my driveway toward my house, or tries to drag me out of my car, or destroy what is mine...I am sending them straight to hell.

Dude. Seriously. We get it.

Maybe, but one seems more inclined to protect American values while the other wants to be buddy buddy with the Communist Chinese Party.

I am a conservative, and I cringe at the thought of people believing the bolded part. He certainly has been good for business. But it appears I will be writing in a vote this fall.

I hate to just leave it at that, but I do not want to get in a deep discussion. People have their opinions, and most aren't changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back