Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time AV said anything about info, it was something like (paraphrasing) "because we talk" referring to a recruit.
If true, you can't do anymore than relay what the kid tells you.

AV doesn't get a dime and for the silly e-cred claims? He could drop simple, non binding comments often and rack up 50 "likes" a piece...yet, he doesn't.
No incentives, just shares, donates items or money and gets insulted often in the process. No idea why he bothers but hoping he continues.

They just need someone to blame in their angst of the slow down in recruiting, momentum, “its only May”. Now that we are close to the end of May, the same ones will be here to declare it’s June, now what? And gleefully behind a keyboard declare they were right all along.

Last time AV said anything about info, it was something like (paraphrasing) "because we talk" referring to a recruit.
A little AV history, not long before Schiano Sunday, someone posted something to the effect "no one knows who is being considered, no one here looks Currie in the face" and AV came along not long after and said "I look Currie in the face" which received many ewws and ahhs at the time, however he said he was just as blindsided by Schiano Sunday as anyone else. That post still exists somewhere in the bowels of the Gruden Threads.

Last edited:
A little AV history, not long before Schiano Sunday, someone posted something to the effect "no one knows who is being considered, no one here looks Currie in the face" and AV came along not long after and said "I look Currie in the face" which received many ewws and ahhs at the time, however he was just as blindsided by that as anyone else. That post still exists somewhere in the bowels of the Gruden Threads.

So he’s connected enough to have frequent face to face conversations with the AD, but we shouldn’t trust him to have real info? Nobody in the AD knew what was going on until it was leaked the day of.

A little AV history, not long before Schiano Sunday, someone posted something to the effect "no one knows who is being considered, no one here looks Currie in the face" and AV came along not long after and said "I look Currie in the face" which received many ewws and ahhs at the time, however he was just as blindsided by that as anyone else. That post still exists somewhere in the bowels of the Gruden Threads.
So your saying even those that were on the inside of the athletic department were blindsided by Currie trying to sneak behind everyone's back to get the papers signed before the info was leaked, and even insiders didn't know he was going to do that. Yeah, that was reported later. It is still the same....he brings inside information to this board. He doesn't have to. No one has to listen to him yet they try to run him off. The info he brings is true at the moment. Things change and usually do. The information he brings may not be the truth because people do lie, or some withhold information like Curry. Why do people take it as he is guaranteeing that it will absolutely happen? I certainly don't treat him or anyone as a god, but I really enjoy when he shares something that I wish I was there myself to find out.

What I'm saying is when someone has said before they heard something from the horse's mouth and were actually no more well informed than your average JoeBlowVol98, when said person later says again they heard something from the horse's mouth, well,...

What I'm saying is when someone has said before they heard something from the horse's mouth and were actually no more well informed than your average JoeBlowVol98, when said person later says again they heard something from the horse's mouth, well,...

That opinion doesn't bother me at all. What cracks me up is, why does everyone feel the need to announce they don't give him any credence? It's always like
"I care so little about AV, that I'm going to point out how little I care, even when no one asks". It's just odd.

Why is it so difficult just to scroll 😄

That opinion doesn't bother me at all. What cracks me up is, why does everyone feel the need to announce they don't give him any credence? It's always like
"I care so little about AV, that I'm going to point out how little I care, even when no one asks". It's just odd.

Why is it so difficult just to scroll 😄
And the flip side of that coin is why the slightest questioning of the guy is characterized by some as "hate". I also worry for the posters whose spectrum of possible opinions on AV's edicts are: A) AV was right; or B) AV was right at the time, but circumstances changed. That sort of pliancy of thinking is a tad disturbing, everybody's plain old wrong now and then.

Reactions: chargervol
And here we are again, I will never understand this sites adolescent need to do this. People come on here and share whatever info they have and 75% percent of you get a hard on just hoping it's wrong. It's TEENAGERS, If it's 100% right today could be way off next week. Could just one of you explain to me why you care so much? There's NO REASON WHATSOEVER for adults to act like this,. Now kids between 12 and 17 maybe, I guess I'll never get it but I'd be willing to bet the majority here would like you to just please shut the hell up.I know I would.

And the flip side of that coin is why the slightest questioning of the guy is characterized by some as "hate". I also worry for the posters whose spectrum of possible opinions on AV's edicts are: A) AV was right; or B) AV was right at the time, but circumstances changed. That sort of pliancy of thinking is a tad disturbing, everybody's plain old wrong now and then.
No problem there, err'body wrong sometimes.
I've got a master's in it myself.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
It's sacrilegious I know but I don't have a lot of confidence in AV anymore. I know he's rich, etc., etc., but he's about as accurate as a magic 8-ball.
And here we are again, I will never understand this sites adolescent need to do this. People come on here and share whatever info they have and 75% percent of you get a hard on just hoping it's wrong. It's TEENAGERS, If it's 100% right today could be way off next week. Could just one of you explain to me why you care so much? There's NO REASON WHATSOEVER for adults to act like this,. Now kids between 12 and 17 maybe, I guess I'll never get it but I'd be willing to bet the majority here would like you to just please shut the hell up.I know I would.
At the top there is the simple post that started it all. Why do so many feel the need to defend that affront to AV's honor? You'd think this was a message board or something.

So your saying even those that were on the inside of the athletic department were blindsided by Currie trying to sneak behind everyone's back to get the papers signed before the info was leaked, and even insiders didn't know he was going to do that. Yeah, that was reported later. It is still the same....he brings inside information to this board. He doesn't have to. No one has to listen to him yet they try to run him off. The info he brings is true at the moment. Things change and usually do. The information he brings may not be the truth because people do lie, or some withhold information like Curry. Why do people take it as he is guaranteeing that it will absolutely happen? I certainly don't treat him or anyone as a god, but I really enjoy when he shares something that I wish I was there myself to find out.

Glass half empty vs half full syndrome.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
At the top there is the simple post that started it all. Why do so many feel the need to defend that affront to AV's honor? You'd think this was a message board or something.

Because some of us appreciate what he has done and brought, and sincerely hope guys like you don't run him off making sure we know he isn't always right.

Because some of us appreciate what he has done and brought, and sincerely hope guys like you don't run him off making sure we know he isn't always right.
Okay, well don't blame me for the continuance of the conversation, it's you guys who can't let any doubt in your dear Leader be expressed. Besides, I highly doubt anything I say has the remotest possibility of running the guy off, nor is that my intent. I am sure he appreciates your devotion though.

Okay, well don't blame me for the continuance of the conversation, it's you guys who can't let any doubt in your dear Leader be expressed. Besides, I highly doubt anything I say has the remotest possibility of running the guy off, nor is that my intent. I am sure he appreciates your devotion though.

And yet you are the one calling names and being a generally sarcastic jerk.

Reactions: ALLVOL24/7/365
And yet you are the one calling names and being a generally sarcastic jerk.
I haven't called you any names. I am partial to sarcasm though and I am sincerely sorry if I applied it too harshly. I've even said I don't doubt AV is wealthy, has helped people get tickets, and brings his information in good faith. I simply said I personally don't lend his celebratory party hat emojis, etc. a lot of credence anymore, but that's just TOO MUCH for some of you guys to take.

I still remember poor souls in the Gruden Thread begging MIT Beaver and the other trolls to come back and bring their "information", long after it was unmistakably obvious the whole thing was a fraud. It was sad.

Last edited:
Because we don't want him to stop bringing what he has heard even if someone was lying or will change their mind because some think everything he says should be guaranteed. He is not telling us what he knows to be a troll.

Just because we appreciate someone that we know is in a position to bring us some info doesn't mean we are devoted blind sheep. And we certainly are not expecting others to bet their house on the info he gives. It is just FUN. If you don't enjoy playing the game just scroll past it. There are plenty that do.

Because we don't want him to stop bringing what he has heard even if someone was lying or will change their mind because some think everything he says should be guaranteed. He is not telling us what he knows to be a troll.
Okay, fine. Oyez, oyez, oyez, let it be known far and wide that I do not wish for AV to stop bringing information to you guys.

Just because we appreciate someone that we know is in a position to bring us some info doesn't mean we are devoted blind sheep. And we certainly are not expecting others to bet their house on the info he gives. It is just FUN. If you don't enjoy playing the game just scroll past it. There are plenty that do.
And you guys are equally free to scroll past anyone who doesn't share the true faith.

I haven't called you any names. I am partial to sarcasm though and I am sincerely sorry if I applied it too harshly. I've even said I don't doubt AV is wealthy, has helped people get tickets, and brings his information in good faith. I simply said I personally don't lend his celebratory party hat emojis, etc. a lot of credence anymore, but that's just TOO MUCH for some of you guys to take.
No, it isn't. That is fine. We were just explaining why we feel that enjoying his party hats doesn't mean we are sheep, or that we worship him as a god. It is just fun for the moment, and we know that the next moment it may all change. Those that enjoy it do not expect him to be right all the time. We're not keeping a record of percentages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back