Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha, but the "bruh" thing sounds too much like Jim Rome. Imo
SilentBitterDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

It's sacrilegious I know but I don't have a lot of confidence in AV anymore. I know he's rich, etc., etc., but he's about as accurate as a magic 8-ball.

He's telling the status of things at a point in time. At that point he is quite accurate, but like the weather, recruiting is dynamic and subject to change. It really isn't that complicated.

He's telling the status of things at a point in time. At that point he is quite accurate, but like the weather, recruiting is dynamic and subject to change. It really isn't that complicated.

Also, you're only as good as your sources, and if your source is wrong/overly optimistic/whatever, then by extension that's going to look bad on you. Even if your source is someone generally trustworthy.

I also think AV’s info comes from within the program itself, and a lot of these recruits just tell the program what it wants to hear (if a kid is having a big time on a visit, he’s definitely not gonna say anything negative to lose all that attention). Therefore, his recruiting info is almost always overly optimistic.

It's sacrilegious I know but I don't have a lot of confidence in AV anymore. I know he's rich, etc., etc., but he's about as accurate as a magic 8-ball.

Almost everything AV has said has either come true, or a know media guy has later backed him up.

I.E.

He said we’d get Joseph Anderson the night before NSD. We didn’t, but later came out that JA told the staff he was coming here.

Said he felt we’d get Eboigbe morning of NSD. I don’t think he declared we would. Eboigbe himself came out and said he was going back and forth all night and morning.

Posted celebritatory icon during Justin Rogers OV. Later came out that Rogers wanted to commit that weekend but a handler put the breaks on it.

He’s generally most accurate when he’s telling us who will be here for visits, which he reports before anyone else. About the only person he’s said that about that I think he’s either whiffed on, seems to be Noah Sowell, the linebacker out west.

It’s a cliche and it sucks, but these are kids and they are kinda unreliable themselves with their mind changes, and it doesn’t help that a lot of them now have parents all up in their decision, and or handlers.

All I’m saying is AV doesn’t post that often, so it wouldn’t be hard to search his history and see how “accurate” he mostly is.

Like I said, it's sacrilegious. I just don't get excited about his posts anymore. I don't think they mean much, for many of the reasons you guys state.

Like I said, it's sacrilegious. I just don't get excited about his posts anymore. I don't think they mean much, for many of the reasons you guys state.

If his information is coming from within the program (it likely is), then his information is as reliable as Pruitt's. You either see that as valuable or you don't. Attacking him as unreliable isn't really fair though.

If his information is coming from within the program (it likely is), then his information is as reliable as Pruitt's. You either see that as valuable or you don't. Attacking him as unreliable isn't really fair though.
He couldn't have been more wrong during the last coaching search and I've seen him be wrong on tons of recruits, most recently Justin Rogers, a lot of his "information" you can get from 247, and he's no more accurate than they are, probably less so, from what I've seen. Again, I'm not doubting the guy's rich and that he got somebody's Granny Hawkins tickets in 10 minutes. I don't doubt he has a plane or whatever, I'm just saying that I now get no more excited when he says we are getting Recruit X than I would if I asked a magic 8-ball if we were getting Arik Gilbert and it said "it is decidedly so".

Btw, l did recently ask a magic 8-ball if we were getting Arik Gilbert and it said yes, so cornbread m-fers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACvol3
He couldn't have been more wrong during the last coaching search and I've seen give him be wrong on tons of recruits, most recently Justin Rogers, a lot of his "information" you can get from 247, and he's no more accurate than they are, probably less so, from what I've seen. Again, I'm not doubting the guy's rich and that he got somebody's Granny Hawkins tickets in 10 minutes. I don't doubt the he has a plane or whatever, I'm just saying that I now get no more excited when he says we are getting Recruit X than I would if I asked a magic 8-ball if we were getting Arik Gilbert and it said "it is decidedly so".

Btw, l did recently ask a magic 8-ball if we were getting Arik Gilbert and it said yes, so cornbread m-fers.

Specifically what was he wrong about during the coaching search?

He couldn't have been more wrong during the last coaching search and I've seen give him be wrong on tons of recruits, most recently Justin Rogers, a lot of his "information" you can get from 247, and he's no more accurate than they are, probably less so, from what I've seen. Again, I'm not doubting the guy's rich and that he got somebody's Granny Hawkins tickets in 10 minutes. I don't doubt the he has a plane or whatever, I'm just saying that I now get no more excited when he says we are getting Recruit X than I would if I asked a magic 8-ball if we were getting Arik Gilbert and it said "it is decidedly so".

Recently checked all of his posts, he had 75% accuracy. (22-7 not counting his "wins" on unannounced visits etc..) No clue what VQ has.
But it's teenagers, not sure why anyone would take a current update as a guarantee of how it will end. If they do, that's a terrible plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back