'20 GA WR Ze'Vian Capers (Auburn commit)

I just hope we actually put more focus on getting multiple good WRs and not just one

Got Ramel
Swung & missed on Haselwood
Swung & missed on Pickens
Jumped in late on Arjei
Slow played Curry
Slow played Khafre
Slow played ALL the in state WRs
Settled for Jerrod Means
Added Gibbs via transfer as a project WR

EDIT: also slow played Ellis, who probably was annoyed that fans were confusing him with Curry.
Several stated that WR was not that big of a need last year. This year we have Chaney and Tee to go with Nieds plus QB Harrison. But this group of coaches likes to swing so be expecting misses.

I just hope we actually put more focus on getting multiple good WRs and not just one

Got Ramel
Swung & missed on Haselwood
Swung & missed on Pickens
Jumped in late on Arjei
Slow played Curry
Slow played Khafre
Slow played ALL the in state WRs
Settled for Jerrod Means
Added Gibbs via transfer as a project WR

EDIT: also slow played Ellis, who probably was annoyed that fans were confusing him with Curry.

That's a good recap, but at the end of the day we ended up with 2 elite options and a possible huge upside guy in Means, JMO of course. I don't look at Gibbs as a project at all, I think he's now playing his best position and will have an impact this year if cleared and will be heavily involved starting next year.

Reactions: T Dog
I think he has some legitimate interest in Tennessee. We're planning to have an update on him soon. He hasn't visited the Vols yet, so I wouldn't say they're a major threat to Arkansas just yet. But I think they're one of the teams he really wants to visit after they offered him last week. If they make a strong push for him, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a legitimate chance of flipping him. But we'll see when they can get him on campus and where things go from there.
Callahan

Reactions: WTNVol2 and T Dog
Arkansas has 17 Wr's...

Not sure that number is updated, only about 10 are on scholarship and about the only decent ones are the incoming freshmen. Trey Knox has been the #2 target this spring if that tells you anything.

Capers has seemed to be flirting with South Carolina lately. If there's one position Morris should be able to recruit well it's WR given his track record at Clemson and SMU but it will be hard to hold on to him.

We caught up with Arkansas wideout commit Ze’Vian Capers, who visited UT for its second spring scrimmage. The Denmark (Ga.) playmaker is all of 6-3, 200 pounds and can really move (vertically and laterally) at that size. Right now, I’d be stunned if Capers stuck with the Razorbacks. Tennessee probably has the current edge in flipping the Peach State playmaker but South Carolina, Georgia Tech and Clemson are all involved here, too
Simonton

"It was a family environment," Capers said. "Coach Pruitt talked to my family about how they are losing four senior receivers and how the 2020 class was going to be big at that position. It was a great visit and we will be back up soon."

A family feel is important to Capers, who was accompanied by his family on the visit. The chance to be coached by Tee Martin is very appealing as the VFL settles back into this old stomping grounds showcasing his own family feel by supporting his children via his social media posts. All of that translates to a player like Capers.

"Tee Martin was a genuine guy," Capers said. "He really cares about his wide receivers and he knows how to develop them as a man, but get them to the next level. We talk every single day so our relationship is getting stronger and stronger."

And while he maintains his commitment to the Hogs, he is very aware that Tennessee and others are pushing him to change his mind. No matter the outcome, he will rely on those closes to him during this grind part of the process.
"My family members," Capers said. "It's not just where I feel comfortable, but where they feel comfortable as well. My family will play a major factor in my commitment and my final decision."

And finding the right fit won't be a challenge, but will take plenty of bonding. Capers likes to know who he will be playing for and what they are like with their players.

"It's basically all relationships," Capers said. "If I have a good relationship with my position coach and my head coach then I'll be comfortable playing for them and know who I'm playing for. That's going to be the main factor."

Capers is a bigger wideout at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds. He moves very well and his ability to run well at a recent spring camp is what put him on the fast track.

"My strengths are my physicality," Capers said. "People think that big receivers can't move and and that's where I come to play. I can break them off on my speed and I'm quick. More than likely that's my strengths. I want to continue to work on getting out of my breaks faster."

So when might Capers stop the process completely?

"My final decision will likely come right before the end of the summer or on signing day," Capers said. "We have talked about signing early, but haven't made a final decision yet."
- VQ

I would like to see us take 4 if it is the right 4. Jarrett, Williams, Capers, and Abrams-Draine would be a nice haul, and I think we have a legit chance with all of those guys. We will be in desperate need of quality depth after this season. Huge opportunity for kids to make an immediate impact.

Capers is an elite wide receiver who has competed at numerous events in 2019, and at each one, stood out. He has great size, he is a strong route-runner, his ball skills are a strength and his speed is a weapon. Capers can win jump-balls, he can stretch the field vertically and he has shown the ability to make the catch in traffic. He is committed to Arkansas, but schools such as South Carolina and Tennessee are still in the mix.
- Rivals

I think Tennessee is one of a few teams that have a legitimate shot at Capers. He's still committed to Arkansas right now, but he's still looking around at his other options. The Vols hosted him on a visit back in early April, and he went on an official visit to South Carolina in late April. He also visited Georgia Tech back in February, shortly after he committed.

He's still planning to take more visits, and what I've heard recently suggests Tennessee has a good chance of getting him back on campus at some point, perhaps as early as this summer. I think the Vols are one of the main threats to the Razorbacks right now, so he's definitely one to watch. And I think he's fairly high on UT's WR board.

-Callahan

ANY idea what our WR board Iooks like?[/QUOTE
Whew boy, that is a tough question.
EJ Williams
Capers
Muhsin Muhammad III
Kris Abrams-Draine
Are the top four in my opinion. Capers could be number one. He is a dude. I know they are still trying to get Koy Moore on campus. He was committed to Tee at USC and really likes him. They have tried to fight back into the picture with Mike Wyman and have made it clear to him and his mom that they aren’t going away just yet.

Mostly tired of reading recruit articles lately, but I click yours to support a "friend." And I can honestly say, pretty much every time I do, I'm glad I did. You may sound like Mater from Cars on your video interviews, but you do put out some good, informative articles. Enjoyed this one.

Really hoping this kid vibes with Bailey on their 7v7 games, and that Tee can do work.

Depth chart, sadly, definitely plays in our favor. Arkansas just landed four 4 star receivers this past cycle.

Mostly tired of reading recruit articles lately, but I click yours to support a "friend." And I can honestly say, pretty much every time I do, I'm glad I did. You may sound like Mater from Cars on your video interviews, but you do put out some good, informative articles. Enjoyed this one.

Really hoping this kid vibes with Bailey on their 7v7 games, and that Tee can do work.

Depth chart, sadly, definitely plays in our favor. Arkansas just landed four 4 star receivers this past cycle.
😂😂 lol I appreciate that. You think I have any chance of getting in the next movie?

VN Store

Back