Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it isn't. That is fine. We were just explaining why we feel that enjoying his party hats doesn't mean we are sheep, or that we worship him as a god. It is just fun for the moment and know that the next moment it may all change. Those that enjoy it do not expect him to be right all the time. We're not keeping a record of percentages.

Attachments

• F946C8AD-ADA8-4442-82BA-C39B1D212191.gif
    F946C8AD-ADA8-4442-82BA-C39B1D212191.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
#TeamAV
One thing is for sure... he is the most popular person on this site outside of freak... maybe popular is the wrong word... But I don’t care....
Not a lot left bringing anything from near the program. Some moved on to other jobs, some have been phased out with staff changes and some have simply stopped sharing because of this kinda stuff.
I know I wouldn't, which is a reversal of how I used to feel.
My guess is that trend will probably continue.

Not a lot left bringing anything from near the program. Some moved on to other jobs, some have been phased out with staff changes and some have simply stopped sharing because of this kinda stuff.
I know I wouldn't, which is a reversal of how I used to feel.
My guess is that trend will probably continue.
I know something about public relations and it's against the conventional thinking in PR nowadays to have anyone who actually could know a lot leaking it on a message board. If the folks in charge now are smart, they'll make a real effort to cut that kind of crap down. Back in the day there wasn't that kind of centralization of messaging, also back in the day I think folks generally had more sense about what to share and what not to. As always, a few idiots ruin it for everybody though.

I know something about public relations and it's against the conventional thinking in PR nowadays to have anyone who actually could know a lot leaking it on a message board. If the folks in charge now are smart, they'll make a real effort to cut that kind of crap down. Back in the day there wasn't that kind of centralization of messaging, also back in the day I think folks generally had more sense about what to share and what not to. As always, a few idiots ruin it for everybody though.
That's why the emojis never bothered me, no damage. But I always just took them as us being in a good spot, while others apparently took them as a personal promise.
What I don't like, rumors and hype can help keep the buzz going even when there's nothing tangible. Without them, when the actual commitments are in limbo, you end up with what we have now. Nothing, not even hype.

Number of commits is down but I think the real "dead" feeling around here is no one sharing anything. *Regardless* of final outcome, the lack of talk generated, sucks.
It's crazy to see some that were so hell bent on running those guys off, now complain about the board being dead.

That's why the emojis never bothered me, no damage. But I always just took them as us being in a good spot, while others apparently took them as a personal promise.
What I don't like, rumors and hype can help keep the buzz going even when there's nothing tangible. Without them, when the actual commitments are in limbo, you end up with what we have now. Nothing, not even hype.

Number of commits is down but I think the real "dead" feeling around here is no one sharing anything. *Regardless* of final outcome, the lack of talk generated, sucks.
It's crazy to see some that were so hell bent on running those guys off, now complain about the board being dead.
You and I don't have any great disagreement. I was just saying in my sacrilegious post yesterday that I personally don't get real excited about AV's posts anymore. I don't want to run the guy off though. Now, being accosted by AV's disciples yeah I'm going to banter back with those guys trying to suppress any expression of doubt, by God that's un-American, lol.

You and I don't have any great disagreement. I was just saying in my sacrilegious post yesterday that I personally don't get real excited about AV's posts anymore. I don't want to run the guy off though. Now, being accosted by AV's disciples yeah I'm going to banter back with those guys trying to suppress any expression of doubt, by God that's un-American, lol.
Honestly wasn't referring to you or yesterday but understand why it may have seemed that way.
There's some here that appear obsessed about it.

No, it isn't. That is fine. We were just explaining why we feel that enjoying his party hats doesn't mean we are sheep, or that we worship him as a god. It is just fun for the moment, and we know that the next moment it may all change. Those that enjoy it do not expect him to be right all the time. We're not keeping a record of percentages.

So well put. Can't we all enjoy our own flavor of escapism every now and again?

Yes, seems like the very ones that complained about the hype are the ones that complain about there not being any hype. So now there's no hype. Just complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back